weekly Adamski 52 for 2023 Wk 37 Hollow

Okay, so running out of time but did manage to grab a phone picture (in raw so it's half way to being acceptable) whilst in M&S.

Again, bit of a play on the theme but its all kitchen or stuff in the kitchen? Very heavy edit as I couldn't pick and choose the framing as there were items and stands in the way and had to hold my mobile high above my head to capture it. So, it is not as straight as it could be (although I have straightened it) and it has a heavy vignette as the edges don't match / line up lol.

Last edited:
Bang on theme, I think if you'd have just posted the image without your apology... You'd have gotten away with it. :)

The word stands out nice and strong and the rest of the items just serve to back that up. Processing, including the heavy vignette works well.

Bang on theme, I think if you'd have just posted the image without your apology... You'd have gotten away with it. :)

The word stands out nice and strong and the rest of the items just serve to back that up. Processing, including the heavy vignette works well.

Well I'd rather be truthful lol. Half the learning is being able to spot your own mistakes and trying to rectify them (or cover them up).

Fits the theme and editing has worked well, kitchen sign looks good against the background

Thinking of some options for this week and I wanted to get something from outside rather than stage something in the house.

I am not feeling well so a quick walk around the block and came across this one. It is shot on the wife's GX880 in S mode (once I figured out how to change it all). I will keep my eyes open but I am not feeling too well so this may be it for this week.

Sorry folks, not a great one from me this week as feel pants, so don't want to venture out with the camera. Think I will scrape through this week and do better next week.

Last edited:
Nice glimpse into the churchyard that we couldn;t see if the wall wasn;t broken!

Like the inclusion of the car, funky effect from the rotating wheels!

Feel better soon Adam. :)

A couple of interesting shots Adam. I agree the kitchen shot could probably use some more straightening but it does fill the bill. The Broken shot made me think of almost a before and after shot...the car speeding by and the aftermath of it going out of control and hitting the wall...

A couple of interesting shots Adam. I agree the kitchen shot could probably use some more straightening but it does fill the bill. The Broken shot made me think of almost a before and after shot...the car speeding by and the aftermath of it going out of control and hitting the wall...
I actually went to the church to get a broken headstone (in black and white) and typically not one there. On the way back round the other side had a big chunk of the wall missing, so that will do for this week as I feel like death warmed up and now it is snowing lol.

I think the broken wall is ideal for this week.
Good extra with the car in motion.

I think the image is rather better than you have made out. It certainly hits the theme, and I like the inclusion of the car, with the motion blur (funny effect with the wheels).

Fits the bill nicely and the car adds interest. Box is ticked so take it easy and feel better soon.

Thanks folks, just starting to feel better and the snow isn't helping my desire to venture out with my camera lol.

I will catch up on making some comments on the posts others have made over the weekend.

For now, I have something that fits the FULL theme and general conversation in the discussion thread very well. Just need to set it up and don't worry, it isn't rude :)

Some ideas for this week:

I like them both and have been playing around with the glass one this week. I don't have any coloured paper so I have been using my 2-1 laptop and finding half and half wall paper to fill the screen and then standing it on its side behind the gals. Also, takes forever to try and edit out all the little air bubbles, regardless of how carefully I filled the glass. Ended up doing that one on my phone (Pixel 7 Pro) and using the built in, magic eraser. Got some nice red and blue ones also and when the glass is only half full it gets interesting.

The full monty breakfast in a tin (my son loves these and this is the last one) made me chuckle given the discussion in the main chat thread regarding the full monty.

I will keep my eyes peeled but do like the idea of the second one and I tried to capture the reflection in my black and white quartz worktop.

Finger crossed I feel better over the weekend and the weather warms up so I can get out of the house (I also work from home a lot so it gets really boring sometimes).

Last edited:
Kitchen - I like the shot. Sometimes being forced in to difficult conditions helps make for more interesting shots. Or forces you to do something you might not have otherwise considered.

In terms of straightening, if you're using Lightroom or Photoshop, there are excellent tools to help you get something square.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftM1zOwcGXE

If you're using something else, I'd be surprised if they didn't offer something similar.

Nice black blacks and white whites in the glass one. Great lighting on the glass itself.

It's tempting to go indoor for these shots, I feel I need to push myself to "get out". My waterfall shot this week, was my first outdoor with a tripod! It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. Only had one toddler walk up and grab it!

The weather will warm up. I hope you feel better! Stick at it.

I've never seen one of those before. It looks good in mono... nice reflection too.

My submission for the week.

Sorry, work is mega busy this time of year for me, so I am not around much at all.

I have been watching some videos on mobile phone photography and an art class is using them (phones) to create a series of images / collages. I am not a member of this art class, but have speaking to a chap who is (he is in my camera club). This is an app called in collage from play store and is a selection of the worst (in my opinion) patterns on the various bottle gift bags my wife has accumulated over the years LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: nog
Plenty of patterns there and they look good in that collage style.

Thanks for the back story. It makes more sense for this one. I agree about the patterns but an interesting collage to view.

Great idea, and a lovely selection of patterns, brought together very nicely as a collage.

Struggling with the flamingo on it's side though! 45° clockwise would sit better. Might just be me though.

Last edited:
Very creative Adam, I love how you've taken something that you think is the worst and made it into and interesting image.

Collage has worked well, on their own some of the patterns are ‘interesting’ but put together it works

Works for me. Ticks the box, and doesn't matter that it's a phone shot.

Hope things calm down for you and your mom is OK.

Well composed - like that it seems much brighter on the other side of the tunnel than the side you're on.

Hopefully things will be brighter for you too soon!

Thanks for the words folks, I've not been around much due to family issues.

Will pick the missing one up (got some snaps with the camera yesterday for Spring) and have done one for Smooth just now.

Yesterday was the first time if been out with the camera in a while.

Sorry to be behind.

Getting time for some catch-up comments:

Transparent - Would never have thought of using the colour changing tea lights. The end result was worth the time spent.

Snappers Choice - The "arty" one is my favourite, although the composition with the fisheye is very pleasing.

Knobs - Without "safe search" an internet would have been NSFW!

Letters - That's an extreme close up of the watch face, looks very sharp for handheld.

Kitchen - It has been well processed, with attractive tones.

Broken - The motion in the car makes me think it's a flashback to how the hole was created by it hitting the wall.

Full - The design of the glass one is really nice, but I don't see the theme in it, maybe I am missing something obvious. I do appreciate the effort put in though especially when you were not feeling 100%.

Patterns - An interesting selection, all with their own merits. We have a similar selection of gift bags, I will need to see what designs they have. We do try to re-use them but still have a considerable amount.

Tunnel - Good symmetrical image with leading lines. I'm wondering how the different colouring on the lamp post has happened. I expect a higher percentage of images will be taken on a phone, they are the camera you have with you at all times. Hope your family concerns get better, don't be overly concerned with being on here.

Back