weekly AgentG's 2012 *52* Week 3 added!

Name
Ryan
Edit My Images
No
Never tried a 52 challenge before, but I look forward to it. I have an idea for my first photo, I just need time to arrange it.:wave:

Week 1: Direction

Week 2: Fear

Week 3: Sigh

Last edited:
Look forward to seeing it (y)

I almost forgot about this!

My direction for the coming year is delving deeper into my law studies.

IMG_4529.jpg

I like the picture, and it's on theme once you have your description. I think the background is a bit distracting perhaps; maybe a slightly more "artistic" angle and/or a shallower depth of field would help?

I tried a few angles and this was the least distracting! I see what you mean about the DoF, focus on the red book and it could look good with a thin DoF. Too bad I don't have space to use the nifty fifty from where I had the camera.

I'm looking forward to the next theme, the weather has been terrible here!

I like the picture, and it's on theme once you have your description. I think the background is a bit distracting perhaps; maybe a slightly more "artistic" angle and/or a shallower depth of field would help?

:plus1:

Possibly use the pen to draw attention into the photograph, as in, photograph down the pen :thinking:

Just an idea.

Cheers.

A good start :) I agree with the idea further up about maybe going in close on the pen and using it as a lead in.

Good luck with the project and more importantly with your studies :)

I like the interpretation and the execution is generally sound. I do agree with the comments about composition; you really need something to draw the viewer into the picture.

Best of luck with the studies; my wife has just done her GDL so all those books look familiar!

Great interpretation and good luck with your studies. Doing a law degree and the 52 takes some commitment ! (y)

Thanks for the comments everyone I'll take them on board for this week's theme. Just need to find time between studying and working!

It fits the theme with the description, it's a good start, but I do have to agree about the background I'm afraid. Another option, would be to stand the books on end possibly, and use that as the background... it would hide the radiator and blinds etc.

Good luck with the 52 and the Law studies.

Week two will be late I'm afraid. I don't want to play the "here's one I made earlier" card just yet. I was going to do the smashed egg pic, but someone beat me to it; and someone did the crazy guy with a knife pic. I'll have to start thinking quicker! I'll be taking my Fear shot tomorrow for definite, and depending on the theme for week 3 might take that too.

Hi, i like the interpretation of the theme, nice clean pic,

Good luck with the remaining 51 :D

Best wishes

Cliff

There is no "late" as such... as for someone else having done it, don't worry about it... That's why I also will not look at someone elses thread that contains the new image for the current theme until I've completed my own.. that way I can't see if someone has done the same idea.

Fear! @ Llyn Brianne Reservoir

It seems Google+ has changed how you can link to images

_MG_4538.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there, I liked it as soon as it popped up on my screen, and I tend to go with my initial reaction.

I like the perspective and can imagine racing down the road on a bike/skateboard/scooter/unicycle!

Although the perspective looks good at first glance, I had to get a closer look. These types of photographs have to be spot on and you've done a good job....but there might be s light lean :thinking:

Minor point that's been mentioned to me in the past, and thought it was worth mentioning.

Cheers.

A nice start to your 52... of the 2 so far my fav is your fear shot, I think somebody standing at the top or even holding on to the edge would of made it an excellent take on the theme - still a great image though

Look forward to seeing what you come up with next :)

Great capture of Lyn Brianne; I have stood up here many times when the water has been flowing down and thought about white water rafting in the extreme. Am surprised it is dry at the moment but then it usually is when i think I'll head out to the Elan Valley to shoot water cascading over the dams.

Good take on the themes. Agree with the comments on Direction, a main pile of stuff would have been good.

Like that road, its a strange feeling when it first pops up. Fear of stomach turning!!

That's no road I'd want to drive down, that's looking vertically down on a dam! Some idiots kayaked down it!

video here

My take on Sigh.

I went to Llyn Brianne Reservoir on Sunday with the aim to get a great sunset pic. I took this pic on the way to the spot where I thought I was going to get a great pic, it wasn't unfortunately. I'll have to go again!

_MG_4592.jpg

The sun was just beginning to set hence the darkness on the left.

Good start to your 52. As others have mentioned maybe shallower dof and less distracting background on Direction. Really like your Fear pic, and your Sigh pic is spot on, certainly my fave of the 3 so far (y)

Lovely shot for sigh, really like it. And on theme too :)

Fear - I had to do a double take as I though it was a road at first
Sigh - As you say it needs some more light in places. A short while earlier and maybe the addition of a ND filter to hold the sky back and you'd have a great one. I can therefore understand your sigh.

Yes a good start hope you far well and good luck with studies sigh come out on top for me

Fear : that's rather steep... I think it works well, and fits the theme

Sigh : A lovely view, and I guess it fits on a number of counts... I guess it needs a bit more light... Peter probably summed it up.

Hi Agent G

Fear....tummy flipped as I looked at that image....well shot...rollerskating down there would definately induce fear ...well spotted for the theme....can't see the learn personally (y)

Sigh....lovely landscape shot , a bit of detail in the sky ( filters are the way to go )great colors.....can imagine sitting up there & sighing at the stunning view...nice work :clap:

Thanks for the replies everybody, I will eventually find time to comment on your pics!

I haven't forgotten about this! I've got tons of school work to do; I will catch up!

Back