AGFA VISTA 400 @ Poundland

I ordered some stuff from them recently and it took less than a week to arrive

Quite quick, about a week from odrering providing the stuff is in stock. Admittedly 'I'm not in the UK but wouldnt think that would make much difference

OK, I've ordered 20 rolls of the 24, the minimum I can get away with (36-shot was out of stock). If it arrives in time and I'm coming I'll bring some to Arundel and see if anyone wants it. If not, I guess I'll be shooting it! Cost is £44.60 according to Paypal, so £2.20 or so a roll.

Poundland in Bury, Lancs have just had a new delivery of 200. There were about 100 boxes yesterday.

A few months ago a Poundland manager said he wasn't going to stock Vista anymore h'mm rumours and I bought 20 just in case it was correct, but some day Poundland will not stock it and still make a profit and we would all be annoyed that we didn't buy more why it was available.
This film is a puzzle as if it is still made now, when you add manufacturing cost, shipping, middle men and shop profit it must leave the factory at about 50p, so why is some Superia or Kodak films so expensive as all R&D had all ready been done, new films do have an excuse but...................

Checked in two Edinburgh Poundlands yesterday (St James Centre and Meadowbank) - lots of 200asa, no 400asa at all. :(

The silly prices for 35mm film on the bay and places like Boots (£5.95 for 24 exp Kodak gold) are putting off many\quite a few..... people who wouldn't mind using film (well IMO), and Poundland should be given an award for helping film users, as when you think of it they are buying and delivering to stores and at a guess making about 30p profit on each film they sell.
Pile em high and sell em cheap would help Poundland if we spread the word about Vista and they get plenty of customers.

Agree Brian, though I think we do a decent job of talking about it!!! Also seems that other online filmie communities (eg the I Shoot Film group on Flickr) are very much aware of it too, whenever there's a cheap film discussion.

Its basically the first thing we say to people who've bought a "new" camera. Go to poundland, get vista dev at asda.

Its basically the first thing we say to people who've bought a "new" camera. Go to poundland, get vista dev at asda.
And why not....its a perfectly good film. Much as I'll shoot other c-41 brands, my fridge is piled out with vista.
I'll gladly "wasté" a roll to test a camera in the same way I'll use it for shots that i wish to print.
I think because it's only a quid, it can be seen as an inferiour colour film by some people. Their choice if they wish to pay a fiver or more for a "better" film ........i'm taking some to arundel and will be proud to shoot it:)

....because it's only a quid, it can be seen as an inferiour colour film by some people. Their choice if they wish to pay a fiver or more for a "better" film ........
:whistle:

And why not....its a perfectly good film. Much as I'll shoot other c-41 brands, my fridge is piled out with vista.
I'll gladly "wasté" a roll to test a camera in the same way I'll use it for shots that i wish to print.
I think because it's only a quid, it can be seen as an inferiour colour film by some people. Their choice if they wish to pay a fiver or more for a "better" film ........i'm taking some to arundel and will be proud to shoot it:)

Indeed, its a perfectly sevriceable film. I was more commenting towards Brian's observation that we should be advocating it harder. I'm not relly sure how we'd do that.

Indeed, its a perfectly sevriceable film. I was more commenting towards Brian's observation that we should be advocating it harder. I'm not relly sure how we'd do that.
Send you out wearing "Billboards" :D

Makes you wonder if all those silly prices for film on the bay are being sold :eek: I'm watching to see if 10 rolls of 35mm Fuji reala 100 ISO, 36 exp, exp 2012.... sells for £74 inc del at BIN or what the best offer is.
About 4 years ago,I bought packets of 20 for £17.50 inc del.....might have been £20 but anyone here could have bought it as I put an ebay link up.....much better buy than Vista.

Makes you wonder if all those silly prices for film on the bay are being sold :eek: I'm watching to see if 10 rolls of 35mm Fuji reala 100 ISO, 36 exp, exp 2012.... sells for £74 inc del at BIN or what the best offer is.
About 4 years ago,I bought packets of 20 for £17.50 inc del.....might have been £20 but anyone here could have bought it as I put an ebay link up.....much better buy than Vista.

I bought a 20-pack myself, and I love that film! I did briefly wonder about selling it off for £7 a roll, but I like it too much.

On another forum a guy has posted shots using Vista 200 and 400 and they are excellent, he had a lab dev the rolls and can't remember if scanned as well and can't find out or post the link as the site had a server crash and many posted shots were lost...on the right subject Vista is really good, but horses for courses and for other subjects, other films are better.

On this shot using Vista 200 the film liked the subject and IMO wouldn't get better results using any other film, the film reproduced what I saw by my eye even though it was an Asda dev an scan.

Last edited:
Was in Newcastle today and popped into Poundland on the way back to the car - they had a shelf full of the 200 so took a punt. The cashier said they had them on 3 for a £1 earlier in the week too.
That's a shame - must have been a short term thing as I was in there recently and saw nothing of that, nor have I heard it mentioned elsewhere. Maybe it was some expired stocks?

I bought one from the Wisbech branch, in a damaged box for 75p :)

15115684796_c046ff76dd_n.jpg

That's a shame - must have been a short term thing as I was in there recently and saw nothing of that, nor have I heard it mentioned elsewhere. Maybe it was some expired stocks?

Yeah shame, she was going to put them through as 3 for a quid as well until the spotty oik next to her pointed out they weren't on offer any more.

So now I've got three rolls of that and a roll of Ilford 400 B&W to balls up when the Olympus Trip arrives :)

Having bought 20 rolls of 24-shot Vista 400, I sent off the two rolls I shot at Arundel and realised they were still charged at £5 each at Photo Express. Normally I buy 36-shot films, so the equivalent price for the Vista 400 I got from Macodirect is 1.5 times the base price f a 24-shot, plus an extra £2.50 for the extra process and scan costs: £2.20*1.5 + £2.50 = £5.80! I can buy fresh 36-shot Fuji Superia 400 in Boots at a BOGOHP rate, £6.69 for one, £3.35 for the second, net £5.02 each! I should have waited for the 36-shot Vista 400 to come back in stock. Those who got it at Poundland would still be ahead, based on this.

Back