AGFA VISTA 400 @ Poundland

I had a right game finding the 200,let alone 400. Tried all local stores for Medway kent area but none anywhere plus no idea when or IF it will be re stocked. finally found Tonbridge had some so bagged fifty this afternoon they still had about forty left. I think Poundland may knock this on the head soon, all the stores I spoke to seemed to think there was a supply problem??? which is why I grabbed fifty rolls.

Is it best to store your film stocks in the fridge? Its all new to me.

Steve.

Still out of film at Uxbridge (W London) 3 weeks now..anyway talked to a guy that I though was knowledgeable saying "Surely when you run out of something the manager re-orders etc" and he said "the main warehouses sends us stuff" Huh!!! weird system as how do they know when/what to send to each store :rolleyes:

Fed up looking for this in what is surely the global epicentre of pound shops...the north east of England. Sunderland and Newcastle certainly haven't had any in. Managed to pick up some 06/16 expiry of the 200 speed from the Newcastle Eldon Square Poundland last week though, which is better than nowt I guess.

The St James Centre hasn't had any since @Strappy cleaned them out last time he was up.

Hey, I resemble that remark! I'd like to point out that although I did purchase 50 rolls, I sold 34 of them in the pub straight afterwards as I'd bought them for everyone who wanted some to save time at the checkout :p

And now you've hurt my feelings so maybe I won't offer up the 8 rolls I've put in the "sell" pile at home. :(

Hey, I resemble that remark! I'd like to point out that although I did purchase 50 rolls, I sold 34 of them in the pub straight afterwards as I'd bought them for everyone who wanted some to save time at the checkout :p

And now you've hurt my feelings so maybe I won't offer up the 8 rolls I've put in the "sell" pile at home. :(

Just because you turned out to be the worst film dealer ever don't take it out on me. How did you expect to make a profit on "saving time at the checkout" by offering it at cost, honestly... :D

I've only actually shot two of the many rolls I saved you from dragging back down on the train but given the apparent dearth of the stuff you should stick it on ebay for a fiver a roll and buy a new camera with the profits.

Maco direct have some for £1.57 a roll

I got a very quick and encouraging response from Poundland:

"Good Afternoon,

I have checked our system and this item should be available for the stores to order, please contact your local store who can place an order for you if they contact our allocations team.

Assuring you my best attention at all times.

Kind Regards
Anna
Customer Relations Advisor"

Not sure how successful that will be, but worth a try - feel free to try at your local store too!

You could pick up 50 rolls and even with their postage costs it would be approx £1.75 a roll. Buying 21 rolls would put it at £2.11 a roll.

I got a very quick and encouraging response from Poundland:

"Good Afternoon,

I have checked our system and this item should be available for the stores to order, please contact your local store who can place an order for you if they contact our allocations team.

Assuring you my best attention at all times.

Kind Regards
Anna
Customer Relations Advisor"

Not sure how successful that will be, but worth a try - feel free to try at your local store too!

Well I got this reply as well......so the manager at Poundland is useless as he should check items out of stock in his branch and put an order in to replace....so I will take this reply to my branch and see what the manager has to say. Also must remember to take the barcode for 400ISO film.

Last edited:
Well, I've pretty much given up on Poundland ever having any more Vista 400, so I thought I'd buy some of the 'net. I was sure I'd seen it at £2.25 somewhere. However, a trawl through my favourite film source sites shows most don't carry it. It's £3.79 (plus £4.94 delivery) at AG, Silverprint has it at £2.93 plus £5.94 delivery, but all their prices are plus VAT, so those turn into £3.52 and £7.13 respectively. Maco do it for just under 3 Euros, but you have to buy nearly 40 Euros worth of stuff and pay nearly 15 Euros delivery! You can get it from Israel on the bay for £3-4 a roll, depending on quantity, although someone wants to charge £5.50 per roll for expired! One UK supplier has it for £13 for 3, free delivery. It's not cheap! Anyone seen better prices?

If you're going to spend that amount you may as we'll buy some proper film!

If you're going to spend that amount you may as we'll buy some proper film!

That was my thought... and I can walk into town and buy Fuji Superia 400 (IIRC the film resold as Vista 400) for £10.48 for 2 rolls, or nothing using my remaining points!

Mind you, Portra 400 (which I really really like) tends to run to around £7 a roll. :(

Jeez £7 a roll...the only new film I've bought in 12 years is Vista...still getting VG results from OOD Reala and others.

Maco have got short dated 24 exp for €1.98 so get a few folk together and put a decent order in and share the shipping costs.

Still no sign of the 400, but just picked up 5 more rolls of the 200 from Sunderland Poundland - and they have lots with Feb 2017 expiry, nice and fresh!

I still haven't had any joy finding the 400 in Bradford or Leeds. :(
and to think that "nasty" Paul @XA2inmypocket has got 3 in his freezer that he won't share :D.......come to think of it I've got 3 in my fridge that i'm not parting with either :exit::D:D

Damn you lot and your film stashes! :bat:

To be fair I still have about 10 rolls of Kodak Vision3 250 to get through (and I'll probably get more when I finish those) so I'm not in a mad rush. Wouldn't mind giving the 400 a go though!

. Wouldn't mind giving the 400 a go though!

I'll keep a roll back especially for you (y) ..........As it's dated feb 2016, there's a slim chance it may not have expired by the time you get your a*se down here! :D

Reactions: PMN
and to think that "nasty" Paul @XA2inmypocket has got 3 in his freezer that he won't share :D.......come to think of it I've got 3 in my fridge that i'm not parting with either :exit::D:D

Ive got about 30 rolls sat in a carrier bag on my bookshelf at the moment, not sure when i'll get round to using it since ive gone off 35mm for now.

Ive got about 30 rolls sat in a carrier bag on my bookshelf at the moment, not sure when i'll get round to using it since ive gone off 35mm for now.

Teaser! ................perhaps Paul @PMN would prefer that to be spelt T.O.S..........E.R :D:D:D

Life is good....

11117935266_d41cb51cbc_z.jpg

Only an extra euro for un-near-expired 36-shot.

Anyone know what MACO's delivery times are like? I was wondering about the suggestion of a joint order, shared out at Arundel (UK postage for smaller batches would make it not really worth while). Say 25 of the 24-shot would be €50, plus postage of €15, split amongst 5 people say...

They're pretty quick, but use DHL so it depends on the quality of the local depot after the first day or two. My last order went missing for four weeks in the back office of my local staples after three delivery attempts where the wife was in...

Back