AlanDorset Week 52 Picture of the Year

Alan, the link on the main thread not working for me.

I would have cropped the right hand side a touch, see the lighter grey at the top right of the image.

Looks good other than that.

Alan, the link on the main thread not working for me.

I would have cropped the right hand side a touch, see the lighter grey at the top right of the image.

Looks good other than that.
I’ve not mastered this posting when away from home. Photo wirelessed from DSLR to i-phone then sync to i-cloud and access in ipad to then post unedited. Maintained my “take and post in the week” record though!

That looks pretty straight and upright, well done in keeping up with the schedule, it’s still a bit of a faff getting from camera to web at times.
If not done yet, has it ?, guess camera posting direct to web site will be here soon.

LOL, love this take on the theme! Great sense of drama in these images.

Ah, I wondered how it fits Forgotten, but get it now.
Nice captures of the power of the sea.
Forgotten3 is my fav of the set, as the boat upturned like that fits the theme really well too.

Captive
by Alan Webb, on Flickr

Apologies for quality, an old pocket camera, but no doubts as to when it was taken. The luminous peg holding a black door closed really caught my eye.

The best camera is the one you have with you !

Well it works for the theme, nicely spotted.

And it just goes to prove that I don't look at other posts until I've put mine up !

Love the chosen shot. Great compostion and lovely background sky.

Wall by Alan Webb, on Flickr

The Wimborne Wetherspoon is "The Man In The Wall" and they put in this brick sculpture when they converted the building to a pub, and from their website
"A place of pilgrimage and prayer for more than 1,300 years, Wimborne Minster is known for its chained library and fine tombs. Anthony Ettrick, known as ‘the man in the wall’, has a curious burial place inside the minster. A local magistrate, he obtained permission to make a recess in the wall, where his colourful coffin was placed in his lifetime. Convinced he would die in 1693, Ettrick had the date painted on the side; he did not die until 1703… and the date was altered!"

Wall 2
by Alan Webb, on Flickr

Last edited:
That's quite spooky, apart from the sauce bottles :D . Interesting back story too.

Ooooh that splash of light! Top shot :)

Lovely Alan - as others have said, that light makes an already interesting shot great!

Really like the wall shot, the light and shadows make it, could have used that for the spooky week.
You caught some lovely light on the Autumn picture

What can I say a really good shot, like the contrast between the cars and the side of the rock wall.

Ooooh that splash of light! Top shot :)
Lovely Alan - as others have said, that light makes an already interesting shot great!
Really like the wall shot, the light and shadows make it, could have used that for the spooky week.
You caught some lovely light on the Autumn picture
What can I say a really good shot, like the contrast between the cars and the side of the rock wall.
Thanks, it was one of those moments when I could see the sunlight from the gap in the clouds heading across and going to catch both the trees and the red rock strata so for once I was semi-prepared for the timing.

Autumn. Fabulous light and colour. I'd even be tempted to crop just the top right.
Arrow. That's one very frosted web!

Back