All things related to Apple phones & tablets

When I was reading up on the Note 9 (Articles & Reviews) , many technological news outlets felt the need to mention its price. At well over £1000, its woefully expensive although hardly anyone seems to mention the rather extortionate cost of the new iPhones.

Thanks. I knew it wasn’t available in other countries (probably because of certification) but wasn’t aware it would be late in the USA. A bit like group FaceTime chats - not yet available...

Last edited:
It’s also been confirmed that the series 4 watch won’t have functioning ECG at launch as the app is still in development with no confirmed release date, sounds like the HomePod all over again... by the time you get ECG there may well be leaks over the series 5!

I get that it’s a neat feature, but don’t announce and launch what isn’t ready yet!
Isn’t the ECG USA only too?

Isn’t the ECG USA only too?

For the moment yes, they are seeking approval for other countries but there’s no timeframe or guarantee on that, kinda makes the S4 watch a bit of a lemon outside the US!

Slung 12 on iPad and phone. Seems ok. A bit of pointless rearranging going on so the mini control panel isn't a swipe up from the bottom. It's now top right and a swipe down.

It does seem a bit quicker. Not found anything that's obviously broken yet.

Not a fan of the clock moving to the top left hand corner personally.. I’m finding safari significantly slower to load pages..

It’s because the next iPads will be full screen with the notch in the middle like the iPhones.

I’m gonna risk it for a biscuit! Can’t be any worse than the steaming pile of iOS11!

Pinch to home doesn't work now. You get the task display list each time.

Safari seems ok for me now.

The Siri Shortcuts app does not automatically appear in iOS 12. It needs to be downloaded from the App Store.

No, it’s on the iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR too.

I think the question was about whether the clock is left-justified on all notchless iOS devices or just the iPad.

Odd though as all leaks so far have pointed the latest iPad iteration to be notchless..

I think the question was about whether the clock is left-justified on all notchless iOS devices or just the iPad.

Odd though as all leaks so far have pointed the latest iPad iteration to be notchless..

Ah I see. On my girlfriend’s iPhone 8 the clock is in the centre.

quick question..ios12 is released so i thought i'd update my phone. I have a "1" in the settings to show there's an update...when i click on it, it says my phone is up to date but its on 11.3.1 and there was 11.4 and now 12

sooo, do i have no option but to connect via iTunes, restore the phone and start again ?

quick question..ios12 is released so i thought i'd update my phone. I have a "1" in the settings to show there's an update...when i click on it, it says my phone is up to date but its on 11.3.1 and there was 11.4 and now 12

sooo, do i have no option but to connect via iTunes, restore the phone and start again ?

Which model is it?

Siri Shortcuts in iOS 12 looks good. And bringing google maps to CarPlay is a nice move.

I've updated to iOS12 but not getting the ability to use Google Maps with Car Play, is there something else I need to do?

I've updated to iOS12 but not getting the ability to use Google Maps with Car Play, is there something else I need to do?

Apparently it’s not been released yet. Google are still working on it.

Strangely the pinch to home has started working. So weird!

Still found nothing noticeable that's wrong.

Now pinch to home is back to not working. Makes no sense at all.

Last edited:
My battery seems to be draining faster but as it could be post-upgrade optimisations I’m not too fussed at present, will keep an eye on it though....

On the whole it seems ok, early days but no crashes!

Back