All things related to Apple phones & tablets

£1500 is for the top model with 512gb of memory. The one with 256gb is £1250 I think and the base model which nobody wants because it only has 64gb is £1099.
Thanks for the clarification ... still find it mind-boggling for a phone. :)

Had a 3, 5, 6 and had my 7plus for two years now

Just don’t see anything that makes me want to change

Camera on my 7 plus is excellent and so is pretty much everything else really

First time in many years my contract is about to run out and I aren’t chomping at the bit to get to the shop

i have a 64gb 6 which is 4 years old and beginning to show its age...freezing, crashing apps, randomly re-booting. I'll probably go for the XR 128gb which seems the best "bang for buck" for me

I’m quite tempted to treat myself to a 128GB Xr, not over the top pricing and with the extra camera features it would be a nice upgrade from my iPhone 7

Had a 3, 5, 6 and had my 7plus for two years now

Just don’t see anything that makes me want to change

Camera on my 7 plus is excellent and so is pretty much everything else really

First time in many years my contract is about to run out and I aren’t chomping at the bit to get to the shop

1, 4 and 6 here....still on 6.

4 years old phone, it's a bit slow at times.

Unlike the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 eh!

I got a Galaxy Note 9 ten days ago and I'm blown away by it. By far the best phone I've ever used. It actually feels like it's worth £900, unlike an iPhone which is actually a phone worth about £350 before the Apple Tax is applied. The screen resolution on the iPhone XR is laughable in 2018. I can't believe they're charging £749 for something with a 1792 x 828 screen, stretched over a 6 inch panel!

I got a Galaxy Note 9 ten days ago and I'm blown away by it. By far the best phone I've ever used. It actually feels like it's worth £900, unlike an iPhone which is actually a phone worth about £350 before the Apple Tax is applied. The screen resolution on the iPhone XR is laughable in 2018. I can't believe they're charging £749 for something with a 1792 x 828 screen, stretched over a 6 inch panel!

Silver lining - less pixels to push, batteries last longer. Less pixels to push, A12 chip will be less stressed and get things done much faster.
TBH, I think OLED or 4k screens on a phone is overkill, it’s a phone, I only look on forums like this, email, Facebook and Instagram on it. Most of the time it is spent with screen off in my pocket so personally I am not so bothered with the screen seeing it is £300 less than the Xs. Sure, I’d like the best screen, ultra high res but on the grand scheme of things…I am okay with it.

Also the A11 last year already blows away the flagship Android, The A12 is even faster, this will be a powerhouse of a phone.

Still got a 6s plus at the moment. The massive max one has the dual sim ability doesn't it? That's rather good.

The watch features seem interesting but looking at 18 hour battery life that would suggest you only get a day out of it. My garmin one lasts a week between charges and that's bad enough.

Silver lining - less pixels to push, batteries last longer. Less pixels to push, A12 chip will be less stressed and get things done much faster.
TBH, I think OLED or 4k screens on a phone is overkill, it’s a phone, I only look on forums like this, email, Facebook and Instagram on it. Most of the time it is spent with screen off in my pocket so personally I am not so bothered with the screen seeing it is £300 less than the Xs. Sure, I’d like the best screen, ultra high res but on the grand scheme of things…I am okay with it.

Also the A11 last year already blows away the flagship Android, The A12 is even faster, this will be a powerhouse of a phone.

All valid points, but charging £749 for a phone with such a poor screen is ridiculous. That is a cheap and nasty LCD panel that you wouldn't find in any Android phone costing over £200. I'd agree 4K is overkill in a phone, but quad HD is perfect, and now I've used an OLED display I couldn't go back to LCD. You can tell the difference, and for photo work it's fantastic. The Note 9 display is also perfectly colour accurate to Adobe RGB in photo mode. I like to do a bit of Lightroom editing on the go from time to time, and wanted a big phone with the best display in the world to do that on.

There's other things I can't get on with in iOS too, such as the truly awful notification system and the lack of customisation. But the prices Apple charge are huge for what you actually get.

All valid points, but charging £749 for a phone with such a poor screen is ridiculous. That is a cheap and nasty LCD panel that you wouldn't find in any Android phone costing over £200. I'd agree 4K is overkill in a phone, but quad HD is perfect, and now I've used an OLED display I couldn't go back to LCD. You can tell the difference, and for photo work it's fantastic. The Note 9 display is also perfectly colour accurate to Adobe RGB in photo mode. I like to do a bit of Lightroom editing on the go from time to time, and wanted a big phone with the best display in the world to do that on.

There's other things I can't get on with in iOS too, such as the truly awful notification system and the lack of customisation. But the prices Apple charge are huge for what you actually get.

I tried Android last year, thought I give it ago after seeing the iPhone X for £1,000 and my iPhone 6 was running like a dog (and I broke the screen), but I just didn’t get on with it. The notification that you like, I thought it was too intensively, it was telling me things I never thought it could do or even want to know. I know you like the customisation but these days I prefer having less…may be I am getting old but I felt a bit lost on the whole Android thing, you can really go down the rabbit hole to customise it and a part of me wants to and what I ended up doing was to customising the phone to feel like iOS!

So after getting the iPhone replaced through insurance, where they also replaced the battery, with the whole Apple battery saga thing, it has given it a bit of a boost in speed and got me through the last 12 months.

I know that OLED and Quad HD is better, but like they say, you won’t miss what you never had and I’ve never had a Quad HD phone so I’m fine with regular LCD. It’s not going to be worse than the iPhone 6, low bar perhaps but it’s fine.

p.s. it may have a poor screen but it has the faster CPU on the market, give and take and all that.

I have a s/h iPhone 7, cost me £300+ and I thought that was just about okay, it does everything I need ... reportedly £1500 for the new iPhone? £3000 for iPhone with watch??

The new iPhones start from £749 and the new Watch is about £400 so I didn’t see where your £3000 figure comes from.

Still got a 6s plus at the moment. The massive max one has the dual sim ability doesn't it? That's rather good.

The watch features seem interesting but looking at 18 hour battery life that would suggest you only get a day out of it. My garmin one lasts a week between charges and that's bad enough.

The XS, XS Max and XR all have dual sim capability.

loads of people have loads of free money to spend on apple products there not a 1Trillion dollar company for nothing.

I charge mine up for a few minutes every day. It’s no ball ache at all.

I’m getting tired of Phil Schiller continually saying on every keynote, it’s the best ever, fastest ever most beautiful ever, blah blah blah.. Very disappointed with the keynote too be honest, I was hoping for usb c charging for the new iPhones, but that doesn’t seem to be a feature.

They say that every new IOS release and every time my phone feels slower!
I’ve been running iOS 12 beta for weeks on iPad Pro 10.7, iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6plus. The extra speed was noticeable, especially on the iPad Air, when I first installed it — clean installs FWIW. Of course I’ve got used to it now ::( . They are all on the iOS 12 release now (available to those on beta) and haven’t slowed down :)

I’ve been running iOS 12 beta for weeks on iPad Pro 10.7, iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6plus. The extra speed was noticeable, especially on the iPad Air, when I first installed it — clean installs FWIW. Of course I’ve got used to it now ::( . They are all on the iOS 12 release now (available to those on beta) and haven’t slowed down :)

LOL just checked, 11.4.1 isn’t the latest it will update to, no option to use iOS12 on the iPhone 6 it seems.

LOL just checked, 11.4.1 isn’t the latest it will update to, no option to use iOS12 on the iPhone 6 it seems.

iOS 12 support goes all the way back to the 5S and it will be released on the 17th!

Not a sure what to tell you, I can take a screenshot but it only says “your software is up to date”

And it’s 11.4.1.

That's because IOS12 is still in beta so you need to install it however you install a beta OS, it isn't on general release yet so won't appear in via the normal update channel.

I missed the beta bit lol

Thought you meant 17th last month.
No, this month, I have iOS 12 on a 6 plus now because it was on beta 12 before. If you really want, I believe you can still sign up to the beta and the to the release now 4 days early but I wouldn’t bother.

I think the XR is going to be a huge success. Sad to see the SE go.

I didn't realise the SE had been binned! Glad I bought mine (open box return in JL!) in time, I don't want a bigger one.

I didn't realise the SE had been binned! Glad I bought mine (open box return in JL!) in time, I don't want a bigger one.
Giffgaff are currently selling new SE for £199 which is the best price I’ve seen,

SE discontinued doesn’t mean unsupported!

It’s also been confirmed that the series 4 watch won’t have functioning ECG at launch as the app is still in development with no confirmed release date, sounds like the HomePod all over again... by the time you get ECG there may well be leaks over the series 5!

I get that it’s a neat feature, but don’t announce and launch what isn’t ready yet!

It’s also been confirmed that the series 4 watch won’t have functioning ECG at launch as the app is still in development with no confirmed release date, sounds like the HomePod all over again... by the time you get ECG there may well be leaks over the series 5!

I get that it’s a neat feature, but don’t announce and launch what isn’t ready yet!

Where did you read that? Would be interested to know.

Back