Allan.H 52 2020 WEEK 52 DECOR(ATE) added

Great idea for the theme and excellent high key processing. It works really well. Whoever thought I'd be admiring a dead fly??

Great shot for Static, love the simplicity and PP on that :)

It's funny how much sharper the gull looks on flickr than on the forum.
Nicely caught, and I agree, not an easy shot (birds are too much like hard work, give me a person, train or motorsport any day!)

Now you have gone and done it, if I have some irate middle aged man dressed as Princess Leia :bat:knocking at my door I know where to send him.
Should Tim turn up dressed as Princess Leia get a picture!
I like your static fly, very simple but very nicely done, it's not dead is it? It's just resting.

It's funny how much sharper the gull looks on flickr than on the forum.
Nicely caught, and I agree, not an easy shot (birds are too much like hard work, give me a person, train or motorsport any day!)
Should Tim turn up dressed as Princess Leia get a picture!
I like your static fly, very simple but very nicely done, it's not dead is it? It's just resting.

I have noticed how this forum kills photos sometimes
thanks Tim

The fly is indeed resting from being an annoying little #**#
thanks Clive

That fly is definitely very static! Great processing - like others, I'm impressed with how beautiful a dead fly can be made to look...

Lincoln..? Very nice wherever it is, but I might trim it down to square as I find the black RHS a little distracting. The patterns on the pillars are lovely though and pop well against the black.

Lincoln..? Very nice wherever it is, but I might trim it down to square as I find the black RHS a little distracting. The patterns on the pillars are lovely though and pop well against the black.
Chester, it’s meant to be dark on the right what was appealing to me was the light falling on the left hand side of the altar admittedly the combination of Flickr and this forum has made it slightly darker than the original, but I like it how it is.

Last edited:
Static: Brilliant Idea and a beautifully edited shot.

Pattern: Lighting and colours are excellent.

Static
Very minimalistic, love all of the blank space.

Patterns
There certainly are lots of patterns. Good light and shadows too.

Nice image for patterns, I like the way the light interacts with the surroundings inside churches and I think you've captured this one perfectly.

Lots of patterns indeed Allan, nice moody image.

I love this image.. the lighting creates a very peaceful atmosphere and wonderful muted colour.

WEEK 33 CAMOUFLAGE

Woody by Allan Howe, on Flickr

The dog trying to blend in with the foliage while stalking a pigeon

Last edited:
Great catch up - you need to add links into the main thread so people can find your thread. (I forgot last week too! )

That roller is beautiful. Lovely and sharp and really fab colours.

Tiny: Lovely and sharp, nice blurry background and great colours again. Well captured.

Camouflage: He blends in well in B&W. Nice catchlight in the eye :)

Thanks for the comment :)

There is a link under every picture :thinking:

The lilac breasted roller is stunning, beautiful colours.

Back