weekly alsjazzeras TP52 2015 week 52 CHRISTMAS added FINISHED

Vertical ... an amazing piece of art, beautifully photographed. I know there's nothing more to see down below but would like to see it anyway. I didn't get the "vertical" connection at first but do now.

Thanks d00d i know what you mean about the bottom, but trust me this is more exciting :LOL:

Hi Allan :)

A bit of a catch up from me...

Bold - DAMN... how bold/vivid is that !!!

I really like this one Allan, such great colours and a very nicely selected crop, the blue background really adds to the punchiness of the image :clap:

Relax - OMG :jawdrop: and I thought Andy was twisted :D

A beautifully gritty image, again a well selected crop and the mono suits it very well... another clap from me :clap:

Vertical - Sorry... it appears on the wonk to me slightly, probably just how my aching brain is perceiving it, a very eerie and thought provoking image, liking the conversion again, the tree background really helps the statue stand out, nicely lit mate and nice detail :)

Hmmmmm... just wondering who wasn't a pleasure to meet :thinking:

:LOL:

Thanks DK actually they were all horrible will never come on another meet again :ROFLMAO:

re the sculpture, you could be right feel free to tilt your head (y)

Hi Allan :wave:

Good to finally meet you after the last couple of 52 years :) & to meet your OH Jane & pooches as well :)

Another super shot of the memorial , processed well to reflect the sombre subject (y)....a very moving memorial indeed, the expression on his face gets me every time I see it..

Hi Lynne :wave: was a pleasure to meet you too, don't think I will make the mega meet this year its about 3 and a half hours from us but thinking about maybe camping somewhere close will run it by Jane and the dogs
but will definitely get to another 52 meet sometime :)

as for the memorial it just struck me how young the soldier looked, how could we do such a thing, it's just such a cruel and meaningless loss of life

it's a lovely shot but maybe I'm being thick cos I don't see vertical in it, apart from the statue being upright of course :wideyed:

Good choice, and nicely executed. B&W seems right for the gravity of the image.

Nice one Allan, was going to say: nose & chin in focus couldn't you get the camera in the mouth ... but the theme is mouth not tonsils, so (y)

I expected a plethora of animal shots this week, just you and me so far then :D

Perfect for the theme.
This is exactly what I would have gone for if my old girl was still around.

Excellent shot Allan, I was expecting the "Gob" shots, but this one tops them. Nice and sharp and really like the colours (y)

Thanks for looking in

Perfect for the theme.
This is exactly what I would have gone for if my old girl was still around.

She does like a good bark, seemed the obvious choice for me

Hi Allan ....catch up day for me :)

Vertical ...that's a poignant striking image.

Mouth ....What a theme :eek: but you've chosen really well there. Excellent detail in the important bits, well captured.

Thanks Susie I agree absolute stinker of a theme

Great capture, lovely and sharp, she looks to be very happy making lots of noise, I'm hoping to capture the animal side of this theme this week about the only thing I can get to take a picture of on theme

Hi Allan,

I completely agree with you about the theme - nightmare, but at least it's over now. I like the shot, it couldn't be a better fit, could it?

Great capture, lovely and sharp, she looks to be very happy making lots of noise, I'm hoping to capture the animal side of this theme this week about the only thing I can get to take a picture of on theme

Thanks

Hi Allan,

I completely agree with you about the theme - nightmare, but at least it's over now. I like the shot, it couldn't be a better fit, could it?

Thank you

Hi, Allan, you sound a bit down :thinking:

Mouth, on theme, nice perspective and made me smile.

Only crit from me is the cluttered BG.

Cheers.

Not so much down just not keen on the theme, I suppose

BG was very challenging shot in the back garden/yard took quite a few this was probably the best of the BG's, took the colour out of it to make it less busy but still not happy with it myself

Thanks for looking in (y)

Love the secons shot for crowd Allan. My kinda shot.

Wow your creative! Love all the shots so far! Second shot for crowd to, the movement kind of adds to the amount of people in the shot [emoji106]

Spring is in the air I see ;)
1st one for me Allan (y)

Hi, #2 for me. It's a technique I've tried in a previous 52 but yours is much better. My eye is drawn to Death in the centre and it's a shame the people/advertisments are in the FG.

I might also crop out a chunk of the sky because the interest on on the lower 2/3rds.

None the less, works for me.

Cheers.

Love the second shot for crowd Allan. My kinda shot.

Thanks

Wow your creative! Love all the shots so far! Second shot for crowd to, the movement kind of adds to the amount of people in the shot [emoji106]

Thank you
Spring is in the air I see ;)
1st one for me Allan (y)

something was in the air it was like a frog orgy in the pond

Allan, the "Frogs" crowd is class.

Phil

Thanks

Hi, #2 for me. It's a technique I've tried in a previous 52 but yours is much better. My eye is drawn to Death in the centre and it's a shame the people/advertisments are in the FG.

I might also crop out a chunk of the sky because the interest on on the lower 2/3rds.

None the less, works for me.

Cheers.

I can only agree with what you say about the people in the foreground, hung around for a while but they where not going anywhere fast.
Not the place i wanted to take it from either the original place which would have been a much better view is under scaffold so there was no access
thanks for looking Andy (y)

Frog crowd is the one for me; I've seen this in my own pond.

#2 for me. You might have even caught me on the benches on the left if you'd been there a few hours earlier...!

It's a wish-I'd-thought-of-that shot for me. Reading about Sir Terry Pratchett's last tweet (link) I think I can spot the Caps Lock fan in the middle of your scene. Coupled with e-cig placards and the dreamy long exposure ghosting these things make it a sublime shot. Brill stuff.

Not the place i wanted to take it from either the original place which would have been a much better view is under scaffold
I felt your pain today when I had exactly the same idea and saw the boarding.

Yay. :(

Reading about Sir Terry Pratchett's last tweet (link) I think I can spot the Caps Lock fan in the middle of your scene.

@Harlequin565, I'm a big fan to Sir Terry Pratchett and I was so tempted to add DEATH but settled for Death. DEATH was an absolutely fantastic character and it pains me that Sir T has passed away. Think I'll dust off the Discworld books. I spent hours reading them.

Cheers and apologies to Allan for the thread drift.

@Harlequin565, I'm a big fan to Sir Terry Pratchett and I was so tempted to add DEATH but settled for Death. DEATH was an absolutely fantastic character and it pains me that Sir T has passed away. Think I'll dust off the Discworld books. I spent hours reading them.

Sorrryyyy, just had to quote, "DEATH isn't cruel - merely terribly, terribly good at his job"

More thread drift apologies...

I didn't read your comment to be honest... Funny how 2 minds etc etc... I think I'll stick book 5 back on my Kobo.

#2 for me. You might have even caught me on the benches on the left if you'd been there a few hours earlier...!

It's a wish-I'd-thought-of-that shot for me. Reading about Sir Terry Pratchett's last tweet (link) I think I can spot the Caps Lock fan in the middle of your scene. Coupled with e-cig placards and the dreamy long exposure ghosting these things make it a sublime shot. Brill stuff.

I felt your pain today when I had exactly the same idea and saw the boarding.

Yay. :(

Sorrryyyy, just had to quote, "DEATH isn't cruel - merely terribly, terribly good at his job"

I didn't read your comment to be honest... Funny how 2 minds etc etc... I think I'll stick book 5 back on my Kobo.

@posiview and @Harlequin565 no apologies necessary, not read any Terry Pratchett although I am very aware of what he did, maybe it's time to catch up

the character of death was just a lucky coincidence, Jane noticed him first while I was setting up the tripod, had to wait for him to stop someone in the right place that wasn't obscured by the placards

Fantastic shots Allan, No 2 for me, not just because the one of the frogs made my skin crawl and has given me nightmares (I have a phobia of frogs)

However no 2 is stunning, I like the muted tones, the ghostly movement and death in the middle talking to the bloke being clear. It reminds of something out of the Discworld series, which given the weeks events is a fitting tribute. Top marks from me (y)

I too didn't read any of the comments until after replying, I always do this as that way I know I am not being influenced by others opinions....... That makes 3 minds :)

I too didn't read any of the comments until after replying, I always do this as that way I know I am not being influenced by others opinions....... That makes 3 minds :)

Glad it's not just me! Spooky how three people have made the connection...

Two very good, very different, Crowd shots Allan.

I'm interested ... #2 ... is it one long-exposure? and/or layers?

Hi Allan,

As dood says, two good shots, both work for the theme. You can't go wrong with a frog shot as far as I'm concerned. I do like the second shot though, with the figures ghosting - I've no idea how you did it.

I'll second Andy (posiview) - Terry Pratchett's books are well worth reading - I've read all of them. There are loads of really good characters in them :)

Frogs: A lot of crowding going on there - great shot and nails the theme, for me.
I liked the second one too, but the frogs have it!

Karl

Back