weekly alsjazzeras TP52 2015 week 52 CHRISTMAS added FINISHED

Hi Alan

Effective white BG as always. I thought you used some kind of lightbox as your white BGs seem to have a lovely muted glow (if that makes sense). I would like to see more fern detail though. And yes it's on theme. :)

Hi Alan

Effective white BG as always. I thought you used some kind of lightbox as your white BGs seem to have a lovely muted glow (if that makes sense). I would like to see more fern detail though. And yes it's on theme. :)

thanks d00d

That's a nice image and I like it a lot. Sharp with nice texture and composition.

Thank you

Very nice Allan... I think the focus is drifting away a tad towards the tip, other than that great detail, well lit and a very effective high key shot again, you have these off to a tee mate (y)

Thanks DK was aware of the focus, but I didn't mind it fading out as to me it was more about the shape

Quick off the mark aren't we? There was I still debating how to respond to the theme - had a couple of thoughts but not housing and certainly not high-rise. Good idea - I like the grid-like geometry with harsh lines set against the softness of the sky. Good take. :clap:

Good idea to de-saturate / B&W that shot. I don't think it would have had the same impact against a blue sky.
I might have tried to warp the top right to straighten the verticals (but for all I know you already tried and it didn't work out).

Quick off the mark aren't we? There was I still debating how to respond to the theme - had a couple of thoughts but not housing and certainly not high-rise. Good idea - I like the grid-like geometry with harsh lines set against the softness of the sky. Good take. :clap:

Thanks Carl

Good idea to de-saturate / B&W that shot. I don't think it would have had the same impact against a blue sky.
I might have tried to warp the top right to straighten the verticals (but for all I know you already tried and it didn't work out).

You are right have already tried to straighten the verticals but this is the best I could do without it looking really odd, I suppose it always a compromise

Hi Allan,
Great shot for Organise. Works well in mono. lots of detail too.
Living works well in mono too. I like the composition. Nice and crisp detail too :)

Hight rise living. Very well spotted and thought out. Would not have thought of this as an idea.

Plenty of variations on this one. Get in closer for an abstract or go for a wider a little more narrative. Yours works well.

I had a quick zoom in to see if anyone was at their window. That would have added another level.

Anyway, good show.

Cheers.

Living space, yep good idea, works well Allan (y)

Hight rise living. Very well spotted and thought out. Would not have thought of this as an idea.

Plenty of variations on this one. Get in closer for an abstract or go for a wider a little more narrative. Yours works well.

I had a quick zoom in to see if anyone was at their window. That would have added another level.

Anyway, good show.

Cheers.

I also checked to see if anyone was at their window , it was taken late afternoon so they where all probably still in bed :LOL:

Living space, yep good idea, works well Allan (y)

Thank you

Like it, composition works well, as does the b+w.

thanks

Super choice Allan, perfect for the theme, love the aspect and the choice of Mono.

Thanks Susie, I seem to do a lot of mono

WEEK 52 CHRISTMAS

Sprouts by Allan Howe, on Flickr

Christmas hors d'oeuvres
I did a couple of others earlier in the year of a similar style, have added some colour to this one after all it is Christmas :beer:

Mini cabbages Mmmmmm :)

Nice idea Allan (y)

Bloody hate cabbages and Brussels sprouts :)

Nice detail in the cabbages/sprouts and lovely soft lighting.

Also works well as a square crop.

Been a please following you this year....see you next year :)

Cheers.

Nice festive finish mate, especially like the rustic timber background, loads of texture there (Real or Printed not sure...) well placed sprouts aligned around the red hearts too, I'm glad you did a slight twist of the bowl rather than level sprouts... nice shot to finish another good year :clap:

Mini cabbages Mmmmmm :)

Nice idea Allan (y)

Thanks

Bloody hate cabbages and Brussels sprouts :)

Nice detail in the cabbages/sprouts and lovely soft lighting.

Also works well as a square crop.

Been a please following you this year....see you next year :)

Cheers.

I have to say I like a sprout Thanks for stopping by all year (y)

Nice festive finish mate, especially like the rustic timber background, loads of texture there (Real or Printed not sure...) well placed sprouts aligned around the red hearts too, I'm glad you did a slight twist of the bowl rather than level sprouts... nice shot to finish another good year :clap:

Real wood, well as real as an Ikea chopping board gets, Thanks DK

Very nice simple and uncluttered shot there Allan.
Not a shot I was expecting, but all the better for that.
(y)

Thank you

Loving your response to Living Allan. Greattake on the theme and the desaturation really suits it. Well done :clap::clap::clap:

And a Merry Christmas picture too! Sprouts are my favourite but really difficult to get over here for which MrB says thank the f*** for that ;)

My only crit would have been to put the bowl a little off centre.

I've really enjoyed following your thread this year and look forward to more of your brilliance next year (y)

Great interpretation and excellent execution. The brussels look fabulous - I love 'em. Hope you had a great Christmas and now ready to rumble for TP52 2016.

I thought I recognised the bowl!

Very Nicely done Allan.

Congrats on completing the '52 and all the best for 2016. (y)

Hi Allan

Living ... really liking this, a touch abstracty, geometrical in the fame (tho not perfectly so, as pointed out above). :clap:

Christmas ... a trio of sprouts in a bowl ... haha ... sums it up for some I suppose.

Excellent, see you next year!

Back