weekly Anitacv's 52 for 2015

Companions - a good shot fits the theme and the composition works well for me.

Watery - nice idea behind the theme I like it, love the inclusion of the blue die in the water. My only crit is I would prefer a much whiter background and a slightly closer crop.

Watery: Lovely idea of using food colouring. Have some of these on a disc somewhere. If memory serves me right I had t paper taped to a window and used natural light.

Hi - watery, great idea and I'm no expert but it looks like you've pulled the flash off pretty well :)

Bold by anitacv.1, on Flickr

Not the prettiest of oranges but they were bought to make marmalade and thought they fitted the theme.
Suppose I should have made :jaffa: :)

I rather like that they're older, gnarlier oranges. They're Dave oranges....they have character :LOL:
I think they fit the theme comfortably :)

Hi Anita, very bold colour and the focus on the stalk is excellent

Great take on the theme the colour is certainly bold and the dof is fantastic.

I really like the colour and texture of those oranges, focus and dof spot on

Yep ... nice colour, nice focus, nice texture. (y)

smashing bold colour Anita, and I think the marmalade oranges work really well, nice detail in the peel there :)

very bold and I like the tight crop :)

Hi Anita

Really like your BOld shot...cracking focus , stronger color & good use of DOF :clap:

Hi Anita, he looks very relaxed, nice and sharp too, do you keep all your cats in boxes :p

aw kitteh looks very relaxed so bang on theme. I wonder how it would look with more of kitteh in the shot and not just the head? :)

I might have tried to go lower and look up at the cat's face as although he/she does look relaxed he also looks -- how can I say this? -- dead ;):cool:. Yes, I know sleep and death are pretty difficult to resolve in a picture but in this case I can't see enough detail in the cat's closed eyes or it's mouth to be able to make out the difference.

Cat-in-a-box. Made me smile when I saw it on the main images thread. However the @ShinySideUp comment actually made me laugh out lout. And I think that's what's missing for me too. Interaction with the subject.

As for Bold. What a great shot. Really fits the theme and your choice of focal point shows thought behind the image.

Scenic - Your write up already beat me to my comment regarding the branches covering the main subject and maybe the need to get lower.

Companions - I find the noise on this image a bit distracting but love the look on the dogs face and the fact the cat is looking at the dog. If only we could know what they were both thinking.

Elegant - The head on composition works well. I’ve found swans quite difficult to shoot as they are very white and usually on quite dark water. You've done well with the exposure on this one.

Watery - Not a bad attempt with the colouring adding some interest as does the sloping water surface. I feel the background just needed a bit more even lighting across it though. Keep experimenting with the flash. The ability to use one is very handy especially on this darker evenings.

Bold - Definitely a bold colour. The shallow DoF has been well used to bring the eye to the stalk. The texture of the skin has also been captured nicely.

Relax - Does that cat live in a cardboard box? LOL A nice capture and again the DoF has been used well.

Relax - I recognise that behaviour :) Definitely a relaxed cat but needs a little something extra tho I haven't a clue what that might be :coat:

Bold - good dof and certainly a bold colour I like it.

Relax - on theme cat looks very happy in that box, it looks a little over exposed to me as well. Non the less it's a great image, looking forward to what comes next.

Nice little catch up there :clap:
Mouth is ok and on theme little busy surrounding but not alot you could do about that without pinching the ballon.
Vertical i like think you have the angle you have taken just about spot on. the ceiling looks very low makes me feel a touch clostrofobic.
Crowd is my fav of the 3 like the mono conversion works well (y) not that many have gone this way for the crowd shot so it actually stands out as being different this week which is surprising given its the most obvious thing to do.

Good catch up Anita.
All great fits for the theme (Mickey Mouth making me grin :LOL: )

The high street looks familiar!! Where is it?

Back