ANY RUGBY PHOTOGRAPERS OUT THERE

lol, Running boy!

I know of one who can go in that catergory and will also be doing Halifax v Leigh Id imagine

Who's at the Hudds V St Helens game on Sunday? apart from me that is:LOL:, Guess Magi will be there?:eek:. Kind regards Graham.
oh & I should have said ONE mother & ONE mother in law cheeky git!:D

Who's running boy

Probably the fittest rugby tog about..esp for his age.. he just runs up and down the line all the game.... Maurice :)

Is that who you thought ste? he cant do that at widnes surely?

It is mate. A good guy too. He does do it at widnes aswell, the only time I've seen him stay put is Wembley. He covers Leigh so looks like Dave has 2 men at the shay this week.

Last edited:
It is mate. A good guy too. He does do it at widnes aswell, the only time I've seen him stay put is Wembley. He covers Leigh so looks like Dave has 2 men at the shay this week.

Yes top bloke.. I met him absoloutly years ago at a Leigh RMI game.. he had two Canon 10Ds at the time and one had just siezed up.. meant he missed the team shot so I sent it him ... He was at salford the other week running about.. I let him have a play with my mkIV cus he wasnt happy with his mkIII.. yes real nice bloke... Just a surprise first time you see him running up and down the line with a 300 and the monopod full lentgh as he shoots stood.

Any of you guys at the Warrington game tonight?............might come and say hello:wave: if you are. I will be in West stand.

I am giving up rugby on a friday night unless commisioned.. Too many togs trying to get what.. one 2 inch pic published on sat ? hmm

I am giving up rugby on a friday night unless commisioned.. Too many togs trying to get what.. one 2 inch pic published on sat ? hmm

i couldnt beleive how many "unpaid" togs were at Castleford last week on the hope they got something published, i personally wouldnt do anything on the hope of payment.

Its also annoying to see paper editors publishing utter dross just to keep certain togs happy and in the fold so to speak, once again i got front covers on both the RL weeklies from the Cas v Wigan match yet inside the League Express decided to go with a totally non descript photo with the match report, those who saw the paper will realise why im fuming about this practice, the photo in question was a totally binnable shot which any tog worth his salt wouldnt even consider saving let alone submitting for publication.

Stupid thing is the papers have in affect already paid me and i submitted 12 quality pics for them to use, however the League Express decided to pay another tog the princely sum of £12 to publish his dross, why oh why is beyond me.

Trouble i have with this is people might actually associate the crap photo with me, especially if they know i was submitting to the same paper.

Not trying to be picky about the industry but i also wouldnt work for 12 quid a pic either :( I dont mind a small commision though and happy to do it for your guy gary :)

Your right about the paper publishing binners.. but what worries me is why it was sent in by the tog in the first place?

i couldnt beleive how many "unpaid" togs were at Castleford last week on the hope they got something published,

I don't seem to have that problem at Doncaster... Theres at most 3 or 4 togs there, each either representing a newspaper, or a club.

Not trying to be picky about the industry but i also wouldnt work for 12 quid a pic either :( I dont mind a small commision though and happy to do it for your guy gary :)

Your right about the paper publishing binners.. but what worries me is why it was sent in by the tog in the first place?
If you mean the quality of the photo sent in then im at a loss as it would have been binned by everyone else i know, if you mean why did he send anything in on just the hope of being paid then im at a bigger loss, the guy runs his own agency if you want to call it that and should know better than to undercut, i cant blame the papers for trying to get stuff cheaper but they had already agreed a fee for my stuff through Dave (my agency) so why on earth pay extra for crap even if it was only £12.

Trouble with the League Express is they dont usually give accreditation with the photo so people are wrongly assuming the tosh was mine :bang: :bang:

Trouble with the League Express is they dont usually give accreditation with the photo so people are wrongly assuming the tosh was mine :bang: :bang:

The thing is, I'm getting good at picking out your photos in LEx and LW, and can normally tell when you've got more than one in there.

If you mean the quality of the photo sent in then im at a loss as it would have been binned by everyone else i know, if you mean why did he send anything in on just the hope of being paid then im at a bigger loss, the guy runs his own agency if you want to call it that and should know better than to undercut, i cant blame the papers for trying to get stuff cheaper but they had already agreed a fee for my stuff through Dave (my agency) so why on earth pay extra for crap even if it was only £12.

Doesnt the said same guy submit to them for free though as his lens is owned by said paper, Ive heard that twice of 2 different people. I was asked to cover Wire-Wigan few weeks back and the guy who submits for free sat right next to me, I was already set up and teams were on the pitch by the time he came, I was on a non starter right away, Buy mine or get his for free, Only 1 winner. The cover shot he had wasnt worthy. So glad Im now being paid by club/local rag/away team local to produce and not chasing 2 or 3 published pics a week in the trades.

As I do it as club tog LE ring me often asking for shots, yet last weeks big game, despite being asked to cover for them they still used other images. No offence to Kipax (and we had good little meet up) as he was asked on comission by Dave but LE asked me to submit, which I duly did and didnt get used, Shame they cant send someone down on a wet Tuesday to cover Widnes v amateurs Wigan St Judes. My association with LE has now ended. :D

If you mean the quality of the photo sent in then im at a loss as it would have been binned by everyone else i know, if you mean why did he send anything in on just the hope of being paid then im at a bigger loss,

I know why poeple send them in the hope to get paid.. I meant quality.. if the pic is so poor why has he sent it in..

As I do it as club tog LE ring me often asking for shots, yet last weeks big game, despite being asked to cover for them they still used other images. No offence to Kipax (and we had good little meet up) as he was asked on comission by Dave but LE asked me to submit

Well this is news to me... When I spoke to you ste you said you where doing for LE so to be absoloutly 100% honest i didnt even look (hard to find round here) I just presumed nothing of mine would be in LE as you where doing it... Honestly this is the first I know that they even used owt of mine..

I am a little suprised after they asked the club tog

At least you know its not me submitting to the LE mate .. I woudlnt do that to you or anyone.. even if I am in this for money... mates v 12 quid aint even a contest :)

Last edited:
Doesnt the said same guy submit to them for free though as his lens is owned by said paper, Ive heard that twice of 2 different people. I was asked to cover Wire-Wigan few weeks back and the guy who submits for free sat right next to me, I was already set up and teams were on the pitch by the time he came, I was on a non starter right away, Buy mine or get his for free, Only 1 winner. The cover shot he had wasnt worthy. So glad Im now being paid by club/local rag/away team local to produce and not chasing 2 or 3 published pics a week in the trades.

As I do it as club tog LE ring me often asking for shots, yet last weeks big game, despite being asked to cover for them they still used other images. No offence to Kipax (and we had good little meet up) as he was asked on comission by Dave but LE asked me to submit, which I duly did and didnt get used, Shame they cant send someone down on a wet Tuesday to cover Widnes v amateurs Wigan St Judes. My association with LE has now ended. :D
The 400mm he uses is owned by them but is beyond producing good images so he usually prowls the tryline with a 70-200mm, i got fed up of offering him advice so dont bother anymore, i think the final straw came at Wakey last season when i was shooting a D3 at ISO 3200 and only getting 1/500th dropping to 1/250th in the corners, the tog in question shooting a MK3 with a 70-200mm f/2.8 came to me and asked if i could look at his photos as they were all blurred and OOF, i had a look at the info on several pics and he was slumming it at 1/100th to 1/250th sec and ISO 3200, i advised him to shoot at ISO 6400 to get something he could use but didn't have the heart to tell him to take off the extender. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Well this is news to me... When I spoke to you ste you said you where doing for LE so to be absoloutly 100% honest i didnt even look (hard to find round here) I just presumed nothing of mine would be in LE as you where doing it... Honestly this is the first I know that they even used owt of mine..

At least you know its not me submitting to the LE mate .. I woudlnt do that to you or anyone.. even if I am in this for money... mates v 12 quid aint even a contest :)
LE do it all the time Kipax, they know they have to take at least 6 SL games a week from Dave yet still have other togs covering the same games for them, i can only assume that because they dont use the other togs pics they dont pay him but are sneakily building up stock for use at a later date hoping the tog doesn't notice.

That fine mate, no probs at all and soo glad you didnt read it wrong and think im having a pop at you, defo not ! I know you havent underhanded me, Neither has Dave. Its twice Ive been asked to submit and used other images so feel Im now having the pee taken so it stops with regards that paper

Think it was 3 used including "image of the week" ;) (y)

The 400mm he uses is owned by them but is beyond producing good images so he usually prowls the tryline with a 70-200mm, i got fed up of offering him advice so dont bother anymore, i think the final straw came at Wakey last season when i was shooting a D3 at ISO 3200 and only getting 1/500th dropping to 1/250th in the corners, the tog in question shooting a MK3 with a 70-200mm f/2.8 came to me and asked if i could look at his photos as they were all blurred and OOF, i had a look at the info on several pics and he was slumming it at 1/100th to 1/250th sec and ISO 3200, i advised him to shoot at ISO 6400 to get something he could use but didn't have the heart to tell him to take off the extender. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

hahahhaaaaa love it regards the extender !!!
He is gash BUT in the loop, gets all the games and all the published shots. What does Dave think of him (being a fellow agency owner) ?

ooooer I gotta get it now :(

morley.jpg

This is what Saints fans thought of him when they were playing Wigan at the 2008 Magic Weekend

Bear in mind He is wearing a Wigan shirt and sat in front of the Saints fans

clicky link as its a copyright image

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/80984322.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA548284B1638DA55E7E02F65B8C8FBA3AF6D874DD20BE60AE9C6

Bear in mind He is wearing a Wigan shirt and sat in front of the Saints fans
[/QUOTE]

never met him..

But as an aside.. i think its in the football licence small print that photographers are not allowed to wear club colours.. I know its a rule for sure. seems common sense .. who would want to be a leeds tog with a leeds shirt then go in front of millwall fans say haha

Christ...you leaguers are all a bit inbred up there arent you?! ;)

Everyone is everyone's bezzie mate...

why would you wear club colours?!?!?! I've never done it and i've still been pelted with teabags before! They burn! :crying:

Mind you, that might've been because I was blocking their view...

why would you wear club colours?!?!?! I've never done it and i've still been pelted with teabags before! They burn! :crying:

maybe its just you! hahaha :)

worst I got was like a thousand lacky bands at man city new council house.

the odd toffeee from annoying kids...

am hoping for lots of coins at burnley v blackburn on sunday... nice bit of spare change :)

oh yeagh and the now infamous trampled on at blackpool v pne :(

Think it was 3 used including "image of the week" ;) (y)

remembered you can buy it online digital (and grab screen shots) yup three pics on a double page and the pic of week.. thats the one they used in league paper quite big.. yet it was a very long pull 3/4 of pitch on a night match.. :)

maybe its just you! hahaha :)

worst I got was like a thousand lacky bands at man city new council house.

the odd toffeee from annoying kids...

am hoping for lots of coins at burnley v blackburn on sunday... nice bit of spare change :)

Maybe...it's always annoying kids, teabags were at Bath Rugby actually, i think because i was blocking their view. Not my fault...blame Sky.

Got Doncaster Knights v Exeter this Saturday coming up.

Was up narf for Blackheath v Manchester, that's the in the other version of the game and I picked up a copy of the LE. First time I have seen it. We don't have it down here. I mean the world ends at Sheffield.

Now I know what you lot are on about ;-)

Leeds v Bradford on Thursday night, Wakefield v Castleford on Friday night, Siddal v Leigh East Saturday afternoon (amateurs) and Castleford v St Helens Monday afternoon. Busy, busy, busy, then down to Bath on Tuesday for a few nights break.

I may have Hunslet v Doncaster on Friday, but can't do Doncaster v London Skolars on Monday as I'm working.

I may have Hunslet v Doncaster on Friday, but can't do Doncaster v London Skolars on Monday as I'm working.

Dou you have a RFL press pass?? you wont get past the reception without one at Hunslet and you need to book in to pick up a day pass from the office.

Back