ANY RUGBY PHOTOGRAPERS OUT THERE

Got Doncaster v Swinton on Sunday at the Keepmoat, and Scunthorpe v Leeds Akkies at Ashby on Saturday.

Anyone interested in doing a few shots on Saturday, let me know..

I had a call of Dave to cover a job but had to turn it down. Ive got 3 games on Saturday and at the mo Im split into doing 2 on Sunday, Will only be doing 1 though but for regional and trade (not trades, dont do League Weekly)

I had a call of Dave to cover a job but had to turn it down. Ive got 3 games on Saturday and at the mo Im split into doing 2 on Sunday, Will only be doing 1 though but for regional and trade (not trades, dont do League Weekly)

Are you covering Warry on sunday?

not now, Widnes Batley it is.

Hope you enjoy tomorrow, I even more hope the seasiders do it !!

Dave said last night you were doing Widnes v Batley, how can you do this for Dave but not for League Weekly ??? (might have misunderstood what you meant in post 446)

Anyone doing England v France at LSV in a couple of weeks time

No Gary, Dave wanted me to do tomorrows National Confernce Grand final at Widnes.

Dave said last night you were doing Widnes v Batley, how can you do this for Dave but not for League Weekly ??? (might have misunderstood what you meant in post 446)

Anyone doing England v France at LSV in a couple of weeks time

Im going to ask for it :) be good to catch up if your there

I will be there..............

.........In a box on the lash ! Engerland v USA straight after it too, oh dear !!

Afternoon all, quick question if I may. I've just been made redundant and things aren't too great out there in the job market. One thing I would love to do is get into photography a lot more and maybe make a living (ultimately one day perhaps). Now obviously the season has just ended, but if anyone could be so kind I would be grateful for tips on what I could do to put myself in a better position. Is there any professional qualifications I could look at, is the best way in to get in touch with the local paper (once the sports seasons start!) with shots I have? Basically how can I get started in this business? I hope this doesn't come across as cheeky, it's not intended too but I'd like to ask those that are doing this for a living if you have any guidance?

I know I'm starting from the very bottom and this is looking to the future, next year and beyond.

Bad news getting the P45. Tough indeed at this time.

If I were you, I'd get another job and work on the sports photography in your spare time. The supply of premier league rugby images vastly exceeds demand, and as you'll know from A-level economics that means that the price you'll get for any image that you are lucky enough to sell will be very low. There's a lot of togs out there chasing an ever dwindling amount of money, so be warned!

That being said, I'd get in touch with the local paper as you said. They may pay you a few quid for a picture or more likely they'll want them for nothing. It's a good place to start though as it will get you used to working under some pressure and having to deliver results to a deadline.

And what do you mean "once the sports seasons start"? There's a pile of stuff happening in the summer - cricket, athletics etc etc - get out there and practice at everything that you can find.

Bad news getting the P45. Tough indeed at this time.

If I were you, I'd get another job and work on the sports photography in your spare time. The supply of premier league rugby images vastly exceeds demand, and as you'll know from A-level economics that means that the price you'll get for any image that you are lucky enough to sell will be very low. There's a lot of togs out there chasing an ever dwindling amount of money, so be warned!

That being said, I'd get in touch with the local paper as you said. They may pay you a few quid for a picture or more likely they'll want them for nothing. It's a good place to start though as it will get you used to working under some pressure and having to deliver results to a deadline.

And what do you mean "once the sports seasons start"? There's a pile of stuff happening in the summer - cricket, athletics etc etc - get out there and practice at everything that you can find.

:agree:

sucks on the P45...but to be brutally honest, photography is not the best profession to be going into at the moment. We're facing some very tough times too, just look at how the newspaper industry is going.

If I could do it all again, I'd have done Medicine at uni and I'd be earning at least £60k by now as a junior medic. Instead I'm looking at increased competition for very few jobs and sales.

Tobers...just out of interest, do you go overseas for the England stuff?! ie. Are you doing the summer tour? RWC-11?

Cheers. I'm obviously looking at getting another job in my field but it's pretty much the same issue of a lot of competition for very few jobs. I'd like to get more serious about my photography and I'm looking to perhaps make some money on the side from it. My first passion is sports (mainly rugby hence the end of the season remark, one eyed supported you see! :D ), but I'm also looking at possibly child photography as a side line as I've had a lot of interest from people on this. I'm looking at all options, and doing something I enjoy for a bit of money is highly interesting to me at the moment!

I'd like to get more serious about my photography and I'm looking to perhaps make some money on the side from it. My first passion is sports (mainly rugby hence the end of the season remark, one eyed supported you see! :D ),

Out of all the sports I do.. Rugby seems to have the least money and I have all but given up on it unless commisioned.... Combine the two subjects of kids and sport and you can make money selling to parents.. But you wont be driving a jag to work :)

Cheers. I'm obviously looking at getting another job in my field but it's pretty much the same issue of a lot of competition for very few jobs. I'd like to get more serious about my photography and I'm looking to perhaps make some money on the side from it. My first passion is sports (mainly rugby hence the end of the season remark, one eyed supported you see! :D ), but I'm also looking at possibly child photography as a side line as I've had a lot of interest from people on this. I'm looking at all options, and doing something I enjoy for a bit of money is highly interesting to me at the moment!

If you're interested, go and watch Gloucestershire Warriors Rugby League, they play in the Midlands Premier [at Old Richians RFC in Gloucester]. The level they play at isn't Super League Rugby, but you'll see more than enough action to improve your photography, and learn a bit at the same time.

If you're interested, go and watch Gloucestershire Warriors Rugby League, they play in the Midlands Premier [at Old Richians RFC in Gloucester]. The level they play at isn't Super League Rugby, but you'll see more than enough action to improve your photography, and learn a bit at the same time.

I really should, I keep meaning to but I'll try and make the time to do so. I am an Old Richian myself! Aah them were the days, no worrying about paying the bills, £1 a pint...!!! :D

No mate, i was but ive got a couple of people coming to look at my car ive put up for sale and ive got one to view myself, i need to shift mine before Tuesday as ive been offered a cracking deal on a 6 month old car but only holding for me until Tuesday.

Just got word im doing the England v France game.

Shame, was looking ahead to RWC next year you see...could be my second if "the agency" choose to send me...

If you go I hope you're assigned to the whole comp and not just England games or you'll be on the plane back after not too long. :shake:

If you go I hope you're assigned to the whole comp and not just England games or you'll be on the plane back after not too long. :shake:

I hope I'm assigned to Wales games again actually...that'd be quite nice actually. I know a lot of the Wales regular togs and they're a nice enough bunch.

I wish I could go and cover the French matches.... France v New Zealand is going to a cracker for one reason or another!

Yeah, I'm hoping that the employers see fit to send as many togs to the rugby world cup as they did the football one.

15 from our lot in South Africa apparently...hope it'll be a similar number for the rugby...and I'm one of them.

1 month in New Zealand on full pay with free travel/accomodation. Sounds pretty good to me. :D

I have tickets.... just not sure whether we can afford flights etc yet. I would prefer it if I was going as a tog. 2007 was an awesome experience.

James, if you need an assistant, well ... :)

I have tickets.... just not sure whether we can afford flights etc yet. I would prefer it if I was going as a tog. 2007 was an awesome experience.

James, if you need an assistant, well ... :)

Ugh...2007 was knackering. Fun, but knackering.

I think it was actually made a bit worse by being so close to home (ie. Cardiff) as I felt obliged to stay at home more and then travel to games on the day. I did that with Edinburgh twice as well, first easyjet flight up in the morning, last flight home at night.

I remember having a taxi waiting for me at the Stadium in Nantes to drive me to the airport with 20mins to spare before check-in closed for the flight back to Stansted as well. All these things that as a fan, you never really appreciate!

Next year if I go, it'll be hire-car, hotel and driving around lots. With no worry about peeing off the significant other by arriving home late at night...of course, she won't see me for a month so that's not ideal either.

First warm up pre-season game at Thorne Saturday for me & the Doncaster Phoenix squad.

I may see you there Graham, as its only 5 minutes up the road for me, and I know a fair few of the Thorne lads.

Back