ANY RUGBY PHOTOGRAPERS OUT THERE

Ditto for me - cant beat a floodlit rugby match in winter for testing out high ISO performance. Its getting to the point now where I can recognise a D3 shot versus a 1DIII shot. We'll see what the 1DIV does - for what it's worth I think the Canon/Nikon competition is excellent as it keeps pushing the boundaries to our benefit.

Ditto for me - cant beat a floodlit rugby match in winter for testing out high ISO performance. Its getting to the point now where I can recognise a D3 shot versus a 1DIII shot. We'll see what the 1DIV does - for what it's worth I think the Canon/Nikon competition is excellent as it keeps pushing the boundaries to our benefit.

Just wish the latest breed was made without the not required Video

Yep - this pic with the guy on the left. An object lesson in how not to mount your kit on a monopod :nono: - must have been a mistake as I cant think you'd get that wrong on purpose. Lucky it's only a 300 I guess. Still....hope its nobody on here :D.

s

I know it's still a fair way off but is anyone doing the London Irish match on March 28th against Sale? Our club is going on it's annual outing - 2 coach loads of us all in our club colours, normally we do the guard of honour but we've missed out on it this year. Would be great to meet up with some of you guys

Will take a look at the link, thanks. You going to be there in March then?

Found these links of us from the official togs for Irish, thankfully they didn''t get me, I'm at the back of the line with the kids walking down for the guard of honour!

http://3276.e-printphoto.co.uk/ppa/index.cfm?z=z&y=y&p_id=10908628&c_id=113212&action=view

http://3276.e-printphoto.co.uk/ppa/index.cfm?z=z&y=y&p_id=10908637&c_id=113212&action=view

http://3276.e-printphoto.co.uk/ppa/index.cfm?z=z&y=y&p_id=10908761&c_id=113212&action=view

http://3276.e-printphoto.co.uk/ppa/index.cfm?z=z&y=y&p_id=10908762&c_id=113212&action=view

I'm hoping to cover a few games this year, I primarily cover prem football, and then motosrport in the summer.

Looks like 2 of the games I was shooting this weekend have been cancelled with another 2 in doubt.

I'm hoping to cover a few games this year, I primarily cover prem football, and then motosrport in the summer.

Dont do it! Floodlights are awful, ropey wi-fi etc. etc.

But on the plus side rugby folk are very friendly folk and there's a much more relaxed atmosphere all round.

But on the plus side rugby folk are very friendly folk and there's a much more relaxed atmosphere all round.

Im really looking forward to shooting some rugby but it'll be a steep learning curve as i've only ever watched the occasional six nations and the odd GP highlights

Anyone else doing any Heineken Cup over the next few weeks? I'm at Scarlets next Sunday for the London Irish match.

Andy .. do some amatuer rugby to get your eye in... Blackburn rugby club is good theres rugby league and rugby union on adjoining pitches with slightly staggered starting times so you can do both ... gets you used to it if you ahve a free sat afternoon...

Andy .. do some amatuer rugby to get your eye in... Blackburn rugby club is good theres rugby league and rugby union on adjoining pitches with slightly staggered starting times so you can do both ... gets you used to it if you ahve a free sat afternoon...

Hmmm might give it a try. Preston Grasshoppers are another one that could be worth trying. Focus wanted me to do Sale Vs Sarries this weekend, but not back in time and its postponed anyway :(

Anyone else doing any Heineken Cup over the next few weeks? I'm at Scarlets next Sunday for the London Irish match.

Hahaha!! All that way...for a probably awful game! Lets just hope theres more than the 672 that were there for the Dragons.

I'm at Gloucester v Biarritz next week, then i think i'm back on the football...FA Cup 4th Round!

Munster v Northampton, Leinster v Brive, Ulster v Edinburgh, London Irish v Leinster.

Ken...hope you're registered with the ERC for Press Releases...London Irish v Leinster is now at Twickers!

LOL just like a few prem football grounds then!

I have shot at Twickers last year and it is definately a far more relaxed atmosphere.

My agency has completed prem. registration so now to choose some games...

Last edited:
I've only just signed up for this forum, and this was one of the first forums I wanted to visit. I became interested in photography about 3 years ago so am still a relative newcomer! Someone let me have a go with their camera at a game and I was hooked.

I have a pass that allows me to shoot from the stand at Craven Park - home of the mighty Hull Kingston Rovers ;) and I'm happy to shoot from there as I like to cheer my team on too. But on a Sunday morning I'm on the touchline at my lad's U13's games for Hull Victoria Titans.

Most of my Rovers photos are here:

www.flickr.com/mortonstalker

Just a happy amateur really, but really enjoy it.

PS think i've come across a couple of you on RLFans?

I have a pass that allows me to shoot from the stand at Craven Park - home of the mighty Hull Kingston Rovers ;) and I'm happy to shoot from there as I like to cheer my team on too. But on a Sunday morning I'm on the touchline at my lad's U13's games for Hull Victoria Titans.

PS think i've come across a couple of you on RLFans?

Hi Rovers Trace, even cod eds are welcome :wave:

Good to see another league fan on here

Gary, AKA Shutterbug

Knights should be playing away at Bristol Friday night or even Sunday seems to be in the hands of the snow & frost.

Well, the snow in Bristol is melting (I live about 3/4 mile away from the Memorial Stadium) and the groundstaff have been out in force with the youth teams (both football and rugby)...they seem pretty confident, and the police are happy with the surrounding areas.

Might be tomorrow night!

Wave to me in The Shed, I'll be the one shouting "Glaaaaaaaaaaaaaawster!" :)

I'll be the youngish bloke with a green and black stripy beanie hat on. Battered 1D II and 400, 30D and Siggy 70-200 and a large crumpler rucksack! If you see me, take a pic and post it here! I love being "famous" :D:cool:

Though if you do see me, shout and i'll say Hi!

Well, the snow in Bristol is melting (I live about 3/4 mile away from the Memorial Stadium) and the groundstaff have been out in force with the youth teams (both football and rugby)...they seem pretty confident, and the police are happy with the surrounding areas.

Might be tomorrow night!

I'll be the youngish bloke with a green and black stripy beanie hat on. Battered 1D II and 400, 30D and Siggy 70-200 and a large crumpler rucksack! If you see me, take a pic and post it here! I love being "famous" :D:cool:

The big thaw is on, probably going to have flood problems now!

I shall look out for you, with any luck my 7D should arrive tomorrow so it will be its first outing. I'll of course try and get the most embarrasing picture of you possible, so no picking your nose! :)

The big thaw is on, probably going to have flood problems now!

I shall look out for you, with any luck my 7D should arrive tomorrow so it will be its first outing. I'll of course try and get the most embarrasing picture of you possible, so no picking your nose! :)

Utterly marvellous!! Nothing better than taking pictures of soggy police officers helping old ladies into inflatable boats...damn this News (as well as sport) lark.

Are you at the Leeds Rhinos v Bradford Bulls tomorrow Gary?. Kind regards Graham.

I didn't see anyone with a green and black beanie down by the clock end, I did though see a chap looking uneasy as he walked past The Shed packing a Siggy. Picture to follow...

I didn't see anyone with a green and black beanie down by the clock end, I did though see a chap looking uneasy as he walked past The Shed packing a Siggy. Picture to follow...

Yeah, may have forgotten the hat!! I was probably looking a bit uneasy as I was covering Biarritz attack both halves and after their first 40mins I was looking at bu**er all wired.

Back