ANY RUGBY PHOTOGRAPERS OUT THERE

It's a lonely job this HC rugby...

Haha...fame at last!! I think I was in the process of trying to decide on settings, and places to sit. Can I use that as a facebook profile shot?

Was a good game...if you were covering Gloucester attack. Still salvaged 15 shots though.

Haha...fame at last!! I think I was in the process of trying to decide on settings, and places to sit. Can I use that as a facebook profile shot?

Was a good game...if you were covering Gloucester attack. Still salvaged 15 shots though.

Of course you can :)

As a Glos fan I was most happy with the result. All the action seemed to take place as far from me as it could though, so not many shots!

i wish i could shoot some rugby games but being player myself makes it kind of difficult. all the local games kick off the same time

i wish i could shoot some rugby games but being player myself makes it kind of difficult. all the local games kick off the same time

Hi Stephen,
just out of interest, which team are you playing for?

I cover the Ravens games, that is when we are playing, all this bad weather has been a damm nuisance, probably for you as well !

Anyone got the two rugby league papers this morning.. Anyone know if theres any Blackpool Panthers v keighley pics in ... My small town doesnt have the papers as per :(

Anyone at Twickenham this weekend for the England v Wales game?

Hopefully, still waiting to hear back from my editor as to whether or not we got the 2nd pass that will be for me. If not, then it's boring Swansea v Preston.

Anyone got the two rugby league papers this morning.. Anyone know if theres any Blackpool Panthers v keighley pics in ... My small town doesnt have the papers as per :(

Hi Tony, 1 in the League Weekly about 5" square with the match report (Jon Presley), 1 very small one in the League Express inside back cover (Andy Schickell).

Cheers Gary.. for a last minute job am pleased enough :) Thanks for the info mate :)

League Weekly one credited rlphotos.com, League Express not credited but they dont often bother.

Will be mine... The blackpool tog was there and he didnt know how to get pics in the league papers.. only other guy was from blackpool gazzette who left after ten minutes. in fact I dont think he even stayed that long.. fired a couple of action shots.. said he was freezing.. and left :) usual case for local rags eh.

Will be mine... The blackpool tog was there and he didnt know how to get pics in the league papers.. only other guy was from blackpool gazzette who left after ten minutes. in fact I dont think he even stayed that long.. fired a couple of action shots.. said he was freezing.. and left :) usual case for local rags eh.

Must be a nice life...think I usually leave about an hour after the end of the game.

I've only just signed up for this forum, and this was one of the first forums I wanted to visit. I became interested in photography about 3 years ago so am still a relative newcomer! Someone let me have a go with their camera at a game and I was hooked.

I have a pass that allows me to shoot from the stand at Craven Park - home of the mighty Hull Kingston Rovers ;) and I'm happy to shoot from there as I like to cheer my team on too. But on a Sunday morning I'm on the touchline at my lad's U13's games for Hull Victoria Titans.

Most of my Rovers photos are here:

www.flickr.com/mortonstalker

Just a happy amateur really, but really enjoy it.

PS think i've come across a couple of you on RLFans?

Hi Tracey, another RLFans bod here (donny), don't hesitate to ask questions, as the guys on here are pretty knowledgeable when it comes to this sort of thing.

Anyone doing Wigan on Friday night?

Im sure Rovers_Andy is.

You doing it for Dave? surprised at that as thought Bernard Platt now had Wigan and also supplies Dave. Enjoy anyway mate, I always like it at Wigoon

Last edited:
I'll bet a tenner you get the only one in the country with AF problems :LOL::LOL:

I will be a little more than amazed if all runs smoothly to be honest..

where are you friday BTW?

I was supposed to be at Headingley but ive passed it over, theres no way i would get owt decent with a borrowed and battered d2 and a manual 300mm lens, Daves covering it now.

Im sure Rovers_Andy is.

You doing it for Dave? surprised at that as thought Bernard Platt now had Wigan and also supplies Dave. Enjoy anyway mate, I always like it at Wigoon
Aye, Bernards official tog at Saints and Wigan this season, theres an unwritten agreement that Dave and his togs supply Bernard with Saints/Wigan photos from over this side of the Pennines and he does the same from that side.

Just looked at your photos Stan nothing wrong with them some good action, who are the teams / your team.

Photos from Doncaster Phoenix & Doncaster Knights.
http://www.picasaweb.google.com/fspdoncasterrugby

hi F.S.P. and thanks (y)

the teams are neath RFC[black and white]and glamorgan wanderers.my team are neath :D

report here..

http://www.neathrugby.co.uk/match-centre/17/122/

i'm reasonably happy with them for a first attempt,but i know i made some mistakes which i will hopefully rectify at future events.

Aye, Bernards official tog at Saints and Wigan this season,.

both? not a bad deal fishy tog for two clubs:)

I am thinking salford this friday.. anyone else?

You'll need all the ISO the MK4 will give you at the Willows Tony.

I know I went lasts eason.. this is my thinking.. if i get bright clear shots using the mkIV i might get picked by nationals :)

BIG QUESTION!! I dont buy papers (nationals).. so i really done know... how much coverage is there for rugby league.. am I wasting my time sending to nationals or in with a shot?

Back