1. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Posting this a bit late, really; I meant to suggest it earlier. But, as per the title, is anyone else in F&C taking part in FP4party?

The general idea, for those who don't know about it, was to shoot as much FP4 as possible during "shoot week" (a couple of weeks ago now), then get it devved in "dev week" and post the results on twitter in "post week", which is this week, tagged with #fp4party. A group is forming a shortlist from shots each day, and participants will get to vote on the winner after the end of post week (24th December). The twitter account organising it is @FP4Party.

There are some very nice shots being posted (about 120 per day so far)...

They have other parties from time to time, so I will try to remember to suggest joining in. However there was a suggestion that next would be HP5party, and HP5 is not a film I like.

2. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I also don't like HP5 but I really love FP4, so I'm sad I didn't know about it. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos from it though, sounds like there's a lot to look through!

3. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Sorry I didn't mention it earlier then!

I've just remembered that twitter seems to have a problem sometimes with images when searching for #fp4party. To see all the images, you might need to change your twitter settings to allow display of "sensitive" images (IIRC).

I've seen some great results from HP5 in larger formats, but sadly I shoot pretty much exclusively in 135, where I often find the grain too obtrusive. However, I suppose it would be worth a roll, which is part of the point I reckon!

4. Kevin Allan

Kevin Allan

Name:
    Kevin
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Lots of good work there - thanks for letting us know @ChrisR

5. dmb

dmb

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    If I'd known I'd have thrown a spanner in the works with another of my colour FP4 composites. If only I could find my spare dark green gelatine filter to replace the one that blew away and landed, of course, in long green grass where I could not find it.

6. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    You can enter anything that was shot in Shoot Week (4-10 December) on FP4+... no need to pre-register or anything, so if you've got one that fits, go for it!

7. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    From @FP4Party:

"* BREAKING NEWS UPDATE *
    Day 1 - 120 images posted
    Day 2 - 118 images posted
    Day 3 - 129 images posted
    Day 4 - 124 images posted
    Day 5 - 114 images posted
    Day 6 - 90 images posted

One day left in #FP4PARTY post week. Make it count everyone!!!"

So, last day of Post Week for FP4Party! I had aimed for one a day but threw in a few extra this morning (why not). Twitter search for #fp4party, but as noted above you might need to change Twitter settings to accept sensitive images to see them all (even definitely non-sensitive ones!). Seems like a bit over 100 images have been posted most days:

@FP4Party sent this tweet a little while ago:

"Judges will compile a shortlist for publishing (most likely in January) and party peeps will vote for their favorite from the list. Based on the results from our recent poll, the next party will be in January. Dates will be published within the next 2 - 3 days."

So yes, there will be another FP4Party soon. If there's interest, maybe we could make it a side challenge, adding a #TPFandC tag as well as #fp4party (I checked; it appears that #TPFC is used by a few different groups). Anyone up for that?

8. dmb

dmb

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I got one in - (a reject from TPFandC - Reflections) @dmbloor

9. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I couldn't see it, David...

10. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    News just in from @FP4party:

"PR Newswire For Immediate Release JAN FP4 PARTY DATES SET The tribe voted for an encore therefore an encore the tribe so shall receive [​IMG]

ShootWeek: Jan 1 - Jan 7
    PostWeek: Jan 15 - Jan 21

RT early & often & Par-TAY!!"

That's a bit earlier than I was expecting, but at least confirms I should load another roll of FP4!

11. dmb

dmb

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Odd, FP4Party Retweeted it - but was not on my list of Tweets - so retweeted it to myself - I can see it now.

12. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    ...and so can I!

13. dmb

dmb

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Apparently, according to my IT consultant (son), if you have the @ sign as the first character of a Tweet it goes as a semi-private message. So need to put any character except an @ or a space at the beginning. So that is today's lesson.

14. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Ah yes. One corner of my brain new that, in days of yore, but I sort of thought it had gone by the board with the new ways of working... aka forgot!

15. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I've added a thread with my FP4party shots in it over one the F&C images sub-fourm. D'you want to add yours, @dmb?

Here's a couple that I rather liked: one of the several Kenilworth Castle in the snow shots...

[​IMG]1712BPMXBW33 by Chris R, on Flickr

... and one of the sledging shots...

[​IMG]1712BPMXBW09 by Chris R, on Flickr

Both taken with Pentax MX, Vivitar 35-70 zoom and FP4+ (of course).

16. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I really like the sledging shot Chris. Very nice.

17. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks, Nige. I called it "Echo", with reference in my mind to the shape of the branch and the sledge. Cheesy I know.

FishyFish likes this.
  18. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    So the next FP4party starts in 2 days time! All you need is to take pics with FP4 in those 7 days, choose the better ones and post them in the period Jan 15-21! That's not hard. We could also add the hashtag #TPFandC as well as #FP4party!

19. dmb

dmb

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Got the Nikon N8008 loaded. Will see what i can do.

This was the only one I had (and liked enough) shot in the December shoot window - a reject from Reflections

[​IMG]
    2017-12-06-0012e

by David M Bloor, on Flickr

Yashica FR and Yashica ML f/1.4 - FP4+ ID11

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    ChrisR likes this.
  20. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Happy New Year everyone! Found out a bit more about FP4party etc... @whatsbehindthat tweeted:

"#fp4party is done kinda monthly. February is redscale time #BIFscale18 (look at #BIFscale17 for examples) end of April I think is Pinhole day. in summer there is the #SummerFilmParty, that is done more or less with the same rules of the #fp4party. can't remember more :D"

And somewhere in there is #deltadefjam!

Not sure I can do FP4party monthly!

EDIT: and, I discover, #neopantastic and #Tmaxparty!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  21. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No
  22. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Sorry I didn't answer this, Nige. You just post them on Twitter with a #FP4Party hashtag... but during Post Week, which was something like 15-21 January.

I'm a bit shocked to discover my very last, throw it at the wall to make up the numbers image was shortlisted for voting: see https://emulsive.org/articles/fp4party/the-best-of-fp4party-january-2018

23. dmb

dmb

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Though I'm sure @ChrisR would not say it himself - get on over to the link and vote for our guy.

ChrisR likes this.