Anyone else use 500px?

Yeah, it takes a few hours for google analytics to pickup the code.

I am really struggling to get my stuff on there, not because the site is bad, its because I am out in Florida at the mo and the internet we have here is TERRIBLE!!! it literally allows about 4mb of data to go through and then stops for about 10 minutes... its killing me!

Cheers guys, just checked this morning and its all working.

So I was just wondering have we all agreed that its best to put a watermark on our images if uploading to 500px? I'm just not sure.

I downloaded one of my images of there and it wouldn't be good enough quality to use as a print if someone wanted to do that.

I think the "can you use it as a print" litmus test is at minimum five years out of date, if someone nicks your photos they're going on Facebook, a blog or a website.

Quick and easy to register i must say.

don't think ill be uploading for a while thou. Great place to look for ideas and inspiration

I think the "can you use it as a print" litmus test is at minimum five years out of date, if someone nicks your photos they're going on Facebook, a blog or a website.

Spot on. It will find itself on Flickr or some other photoforum as "look at my amazing new photo"

Trying this out. Can't se where you add tags to the images though?

Anyone:)

Trying this out. Can't se where you add tags to the images though?

Anyone:)

In the tags box when you are uploading the photos (I had "Title" "Description" "Category" and "Tags" iirc....or click edit if you photo is already uploaded on showing on your page.

Can't work out how to get mine on sale as I already have Fotomoto accounts for others sites and clicking on the link they send you in the email does bugger all but take me to be existing account :p

Sounds like you might have a cookie that automatically logs you in - can you log out then try the link again?

In the tags box when you are uploading the photos (I had "Title" "Description" "Category" and "Tags" iirc....or click edit if you photo is already uploaded on showing on your page.

Thanks having to use simple uploader the other one doesn't work. No tags on simple one.

Missed edit button until now doh!

One thing I have noticed is, when adding your flickr link, you only need to add the end part after the /photos/ bit of the URL as this is already set, otherwise you end up with 2 URLs in the same link and it won't work.

Would be handy if they told you that :bonk:

Mrgiggles, yours is doing it at the moment.

EDIT: TXR4x4, Wildy and Jimmy Lemon, yours too!

Last edited:
One thing I have noticed is, when adding your flickr link, you only need to add the end part after the /photos/ bit of the URL as this is already set, otherwise you end up with 2 URLs in the same link and it won't work.

Cheers, changed it so should work now.

Thanks Phil all sorted now I hope(y)

thanks for posting that, wondered why the flickr link didn't work. I am pleased with the speed they dealt with my email when I signed up. I tried to upload and the activation failed. So I emailed the team and within a couple of hours they had activated the account for me. So full marks on that side of things.

Wow! Stunning site
Not sure i'll ever feel good enough to upload anything. Some really inspirational work on there.

PS: id's the same as on here... http://500px.com/BazEP

Last edited:
Hey, this is just what i've been looking for.

A new place to upload some photos. I've never found Flickr very 'professional' it's more just for genereal photo sharing then for photographers to share opinions.

I shall be signing up to this right away ! Thanks

May I suggest people dont visit this site if you hate feeling inadequate!

Quite. I've just joined myself and had a quick look around. I'm really going to have to up my game before anything gets posted there. Which in itself is not a bad thing - there's a whole lot of inspirational ideas there.

To be frank it makes Flickr look like a dumping ground for dodgy holiday snaps.

Back