Anyone else use 500px?

I'm on there as BrianWoods

Some truly jaw dropping images on there.......i'll soon change that :D

Some truly jaw dropping images on there.......i'll soon change that :D

That's funny..... :LOL:

I've had loads of activity today, keep getting emails for comments being left etc. Although, it's not really crit, more like "nice photo" etc. Must invest in the paid for option me thinks...

Nice one. How do you know? Did you just spot it or does it let you know on your profile?

Mine got selected for the fresh photos by the editors, they a comment left with link from them. Currently on page 9 of the popular's :D

I just saw it whilst browsing.

Mine have been on fresh too, I just assumed that was all the newly uploaded photos

I thought fresh was the best new ones of the day for the digest they post on facebook.

But more to the point - when are you going to share how you did those pics Tom (cracking images)???

I thought fresh was the best new ones of the day for the digest they post on facebook.

But more to the point - when are you going to share how you did those pics Tom (cracking images)???

All in good time! Gotta milk it for a while! :LOL:

Just for people who are selling:
Apparently you can upload a low res watermarked image to 500px, and if it sell you can upload a high res image then. Not sure how it's done, as I was asking their twitter, theres no docs on the web site.

Just for people who are selling:
Apparently you can upload a low res watermarked image to 500px, and if it sell you can upload a high res image then. Not sure how it's done, as I was asking their twitter, theres no docs on the web site.

You get an email from fotomoto (who do the selling and printing) tell you you have had an order and that you need to upload the high res image :)

In fact, it will look a lot like:
2011-05-26_200052.jpg

Um... not wanting to risk the ire of a mod but did you mean "photos"?

you win a prize. thanks for pointing out the deliberate mistake

:coat:

You get an email from fotomoto (who do the selling and printing) tell you you have had an order and that you need to upload the high res image :)

Thats good to know. I was wondering about the watermark, as Ive uploaded watermarked images to 500px (purely because thats all I had available at the time due to HD swaps).
Not that anyone will ever buy anything I do, but good to know anyway!

Thanks for the heads up on this one.
Im no-where near good enough for this but it gives me something to aim for...

I was interested in the popularity of this thread so popped over to 500px for a look.

I think perhaps I should put my camera in the bin and maybe take up knitting instead :(

Can anyone upload anything, or is there some sort of quality control?

Jenny

+1! :)

I've got 12 'friends' on there now - keep adding me and i'll add you back :)

http://500px.com/amirkhan

Have updated my "following" list. Matty, still can't find you mate....

Steve

Edit: Found him.. ;)

Last edited:
What upgrades aside from collections in the portfolio do you get for being awesome?

i've just signed up to this, used my facebook login details to avoid registering all my details again.

jesus the quality of the work on there is high :O, it feels ahell of a lot more professional than flickr that's for sure!

once i get some pics uploaded i'll work through and start sending out some friend requests

Is there a way to keep your work prominent?

Once it's disappeared off the fresh page it has little chance of being viewed.

Have signed up, but it will be a while before I post anything there I think!

cant get flickr link to work.....and how do you link to social sites......??????H?ELP

I have signed up. But I have not uploaded anything yet! ONFORM

Back