Anyone else use 500px?

500px down :(
Maybe its all the new signups we've sent their way lately lol!!

Their database server gave up! The images are fine but they are having to completely swap to a new box, why there's not a redundant I don't know but I hope there will be now after almost a full day of down time.

But I suppose these things happen when you suddenly hit critical mass and get big, a similar thing happened to twitter.

The sites cracking me up - added three pics to a blog post this morning. Very much a work in progress - you can only see them in the blog. They don't appear in my photos or anywhere else which is what I was wanted. Somehow folk are voting on them and despite me asking where they see them I've had no one say where. As they're blog posts they don't appear in upcoming or owt like that. Any chance anyone can have a look and tell me if they can see them to vote (I don't want people to vote though). account is

http://500px.com/MarkLJ

three pictures in question are all misty sunrises

The sites cracking me up - added three pics to a blog post this morning. Very much a work in progress - you can only see them in the blog. They don't appear in my photos or anywhere else which is what I was wanted. Somehow folk are voting on them and despite me asking where they see them I've had no one say where. As they're blog posts they don't appear in upcoming or owt like that. Any chance anyone can have a look and tell me if they can see them to vote (I don't want people to vote though). account is

http://500px.com/MarkLJ

three pictures in question are all misty sunrises
Not sure, I couldn't get the pictures to show up individually in your blog, but if I looked on your activity page I could see that someone had commented and when you click on the image from there you get the usual 'vote' option. Not sure how to get to that through the blog page though.

Cheers Lynn - I'm no wiser. Blog was supposed to be a way of doing rough working as a learning plan for my second year. I might just leave it as a straight blog without pictures.

Cheers Lynn - I'm no wiser. Blog was supposed to be a way of doing rough working as a learning plan for my second year. I might just leave it as a straight blog without pictures.
Love your photos btw. :)

Thanks Lynn - I'm very lucky that I'm only 6 miles from Ullswater and the Eden Valley on the other side is also a beautiful place.

Not sure, I couldn't get the pictures to show up individually in your blog, but if I looked on your activity page I could see that someone had commented and when you click on the image from there you get the usual 'vote' option. Not sure how to get to that through the blog page though.

They are probably linked to 500px and the blog, as you have 1000s of affections on 500px

BTW wheres your blog Mark

Just adding you Matt and j

Stil no ones answered my questions,

#1 have you mometised your 500px/

#2 and have you change the prices on fotomoto?

#3 do you use it on your Blog/website

TIA

Dave

Blogs on 500px under the blog button. I haven't changed owt re the fotomoto thing. I'd never thought about trying to sell pictures as it didn't seem a likely thing to happen, but I just clicked on it as it seemed like something to do.

What is mometise?

And I don't have a website.

Blogs on 500px under the blog button. I haven't changed owt re the fotomoto thing. I'd never thought about trying to sell pictures as it didn't seem a likely thing to happen, but I just clicked on it as it seemed like something to do.

What is mometise?

And I don't have a website.

Cool thanks I'll take a look

Soz I meant Monetise, ie adding fotomoto and pricing

its easy to add to your blog

Last edited:
Ah, see what you mean. I'd never tried one before but just thought it was maybe a good idea to set targets for the year and the blog might make me keep up with them instead of dossing. I might look at the other ones.

Now on board all looks good managed to get rated in landscapes already!! which i am happy with, page 1 of 12 at moment, looking at the quality of images on offer i am well chuffed to be amongst them , my only concern my photos which i have added i have had the CLASSIC "nice shot" etc etc on several occasions :shrug: http://500px.com/kcobrian

Last edited:
My pics, and my username, have finally started to show up in searches. (y)

Not that I expect anymore 'likes' or comments, I'm just glad it's working as it should. I don't think I was alone in that though, as Scott Kelby (Photographer, Photoshopper and Media Mogul ;) :LOL:) said he was unable to find friends and friend's images.

Speaking of Scott Kelby and 500px, he posted an interesting article about it on his blog, you can see it here.

I much, much prefer it to flickr (although i'm a bit of a pleb when it comes to flickr), it's just better layed out, more clinical and less "cluttered"

Not to mention the standard on there is breathtaking (y)

I really like it - they just need to keep control of the trolls.

Back