Apple Watch

Most of mine are solar rechargeables these days!

Mustn't overwind them!

I cancelled my order. Once I saw them in the Apple store I realised the smaller size is too small for me. I couldn't justify the extra cost of the larger one.

I had a good play with one over the weekend - i'm just not getting them at all - the plastic one looks plastic and is £300 - to upgrade is horrendous , the battery life is woeful and to cap it all is going to be out of date in 12mnths. added to the fact you've got to have your iphone with you it just lacks the convenience functionality id need as there arew sometimes I just don't want a phone with me.
a better option for me is the Garmin vivoactive which is far more useful

My wife's turned up today.. I'm not convinced yet. It's the small one as is pretty small, also from what I've seen its pretty complicated to use at first.

I hope your wife doesn't have full sleeve tattoos... Not that I don't like tattooed women, more that "smart" watches don't understand tattoos.

I hope your wife doesn't have full sleeve tattoos... Not that I don't like tattooed women, more that "smart" watches don't understand tattoos.

If she did, she wouldn't be my wife! Not my cup of tea afraid.

Had a play with one the other day... like anything apple it is beautifully designed and well made, if they are in stock before the end of my holiday i can well see myself buying one!

Seen a few at work over the last few months honest truth they just look really cheap and plasticcy especially the straps one of my team paid 500 or so for his I was stunned it does look crap

I wouldn't mind getting some feedback regarding real life battery life. The reported 18 hours is what is really holding me back...

I consider myself a tech fan but I just can't get excited about these smart watches.

I consider myself a tech fan but I just can't get excited about these smart watches.
This seems to have been a prevailing conclusion since the first smart watches came out. We want cool gadgets. But if we have to strap one on our wrist, it loses appeal.

People waited to see if Apple were going to do something groundbreaking. But sadly it was not much different from the others, just with a higher price and shorter battery life.

I wouldn't mind getting some feedback regarding real life battery life. The reported 18 hours is what is really holding me back...

By the time I am going to bed I am on 35-40%. It really isn't an issue though unless you wear a watch 24/7. I don't. At night I always remove the watch I am wearing, the only difference is that with this watch I am putting on a magnetic charger.
I am really liking all the fitness and health related stuff. I've started to go to the gym again for the first time in years, and this thing is monitoring all of that. Love the prompts to get up and move if sat down for too long etc. So far, I like it a lot.

By the time I am going to bed I am on 35-40%. It really isn't an issue though unless you wear a watch 24/7. I don't. At night I always remove the watch I am wearing, the only difference is that with this watch I am putting on a magnetic charger.
I am really liking all the fitness and health related stuff. I've started to go to the gym again for the first time in years, and this thing is monitoring all of that. Love the prompts to get up and move if sat down for too long etc. So far, I like it a lot.
Cool, but if you aren't wearing it, how does it do the sleep analysis?

You do know thats the Daily Mash, yeah?

The satirical website, a bit like The Onion.

You do know that we both knew that's the Daily Mash, yeah? I think the ;) and :D are the slight clue to that! :)

2 weeks into ownership and I have no buyer's regret. In fact I'm loving it.

I just treated myself to a series 4. It’s lovely! Noticeably snappier than my old one, and the bigger usable screen is really nice.

I was only playing mate, althought maybe the iPhone and iPad thread should be expanded to encompass the watch and Apple TV?

I got myself a series 4 watch a couple of months ago. I was really on the fence about it given what people were saying about the battery only lasting a day. I have to say, though, I easily get two days of battery life with the battery sitting close to 50% so could even stretch that to three days if I wanted to. I grew up with watches on my wrist so it's nice to have one there again and not have to pull the phone out of my pocket just to check the time.

image.jpg This is a watch face, your picture is of a gadget display?

Back