Ask the TP 'panel' any daft question.

No, but peeing in your wetsuit warms you up in cold waters. (y)
Your not supposed to be posting factual posts here Chris

Why does a brown cow give white milk, when it always eats green grass?

Why do they bother putting "open here" on the corner of a pack of bacon? everybody knows it's a joke and you actually need a knife to open the pack anyway.

What's this butterfly? Its less than 1/2 inch across.

20230819_121931.jpg

Last edited:
Who is this man 'Shake Well ? ' He must be much wealthier than his oil-rich cousins because his name is on so many products.

Why do they bother putting "open here" on the corner of a pack of bacon? everybody knows it's a joke and you actually need a knife to open the pack anyway.

Whenever possible, I buy it in paper packets - much tastier and far less water injected.

I keep a Stanley type knife in the knife draw just for those occsions.

Whenever possible, I buy it in paper packets - much tastier and far less water injected.

I keep a Stanley type knife in the knife draw just for those occsions.
I can't be the only one pulling at the corner tab (desperately) while she's saying " get a knife, get a knife", before sheepishly getting a knife.

Not sure if I've had my ultimate shave or not. Not planning on losing the beard anytime soon, so maybe!

When did GMT become UTC?

Its only just come to my attention, probably the last couple of months or so.
Its always been GMT or BST for as long as I can remember :thinking:

Always will be to me too!

when you cut say, a peice of paper, what is happening on the atomic level? are we splitting the atom every time we snip out the aldi vouchers?

when you cut say, a peice of paper, what is happening on the atomic level? are we splitting the atom every time we snip out the aldi vouchers?

Occasionally you will be breaking covalent linkages, but mostly you will be pulling apart molecules that have settled into place around each other, held weaker associations based on charge, or even simple physical position and diffusion.

How do you eat yours?

That got me thinking, I hardly ever eat Pizza, but when I do, I cut it into 6 pieces
because I could never manage 12 pieces.

Following a "discussion " with Mrs Cockney, (Kaye), I need a definitive answer.
Does cutlery go in the dishwasher basket handle up or handle down?

Why concern yourself with women's work?

:coat:

Er! what's a dishwasher :thinking: ;)

Is it true that of two cats on a sloping roof the cat to slide off first has the smallest 'mew'?

Last edited:

Depends. If it's solid metal, handle down but if there are plastic inserts in the handles (or, if the silver cutlery has bone/ivory handles or indeed, pitch filled ones [in which case they should be hand washed]), handle up.

Sorry for the technically correct answer but that's what my dishwasher advised me when she said she didn't want an electric replacement.

Depends. If it's solid metal, handle down but if there are plastic inserts in the handles (or, if the silver cutlery has bone/ivory handles or indeed, pitch filled ones [in which case they should be hand washed]), handle up.

Sorry for the technically correct answer but that's what my dishwasher advised me when she said she didn't want an electric replacement.
I don't think you people are taking this question seriously enough. :)

When Bees set up a new colony, do they have a house swarming party?

Back