weekly -aurorae- 52's 2012 - week 4 'Sweet' added

Come on, keep up at the rear :D
Glad to have you with us, I like your idea and look forward to seeing your next 51!

Hi
Good start and a really good idea.
Nice to see some blue sky giving a pleasant silhouette and shadow. Possibly better if framed so group was higher than the spinning individual.:thinking:

You are completely right! I'm not so good with photoshop yet, well I know my way around but not enough so the shot was pretty much straight out of the camera. It was near impossible to get the seed to fall where I wanted, edited version added to top post. Thanks for the comment :)

Very nice image Aurorae good luck with the rest of your challenge,

Yes good luck and your off to great start

Thank you.

Sigh

Moody by -aurorae-, on Flickr

Maybe more moody, but there was plenty of sighing going on, half because of the homework and half because of me and the camera :D Not so happy with the shadow in the background but I don't own any lights. This was just using ambient light from the living room.

A very nice couple of images. I like the original landscape downward spiral best.
The sigh is good too. Very familiar expression to me but it is the "will you stop taking photo's!" look rather than homework related. A couple of small things; is the colour temp slightly off, and maybe the pencil case is a bit big in the frame?
It looks good as it is though, and definitely captures the theme.

A good couple of first themes :)

Direction - like the rotated shot, great sky colour, and well caught movement

Sigh - Has a good feel to it for me, theme well caught

Good luck catching up (y)

Thank you :)

A very nice couple of images. I like the original landscape downward spiral best.
The sigh is good too. Very familiar expression to me but it is the "will you stop taking photo's!" look rather than homework related. A couple of small things; is the colour temp slightly off, and maybe the pencil case is a bit big in the frame?
It looks good as it is though, and definitely captures the theme.

Probably :D I didn't know what to do (still learning). The flash was bouncing back off of the wall from behind and made the whole thing look rather grey, so I dropped the flash and tried to open up the aperture as much as I could, however it would only let me go as low as f5.6. Didn't want to slow shutter speed as she was fidgeting so I tried upping ISO to 1600. I then tried to play about with the RAW file, but in all honesty I have no idea what I am doing in that department yet!

I think you are right about the pencil case too, it is rather distracting. Thanks for the honest opinions :)

I like the edited version of the spiral

(y)

I still can't decide :D

Sweet

2 please by -aurorae-, on Flickr

The tea looks rather watery, but I wasn't wasting that much tea/milk to try this shot :D I'm quite happy with the shapes but did edit it slightly to brighten the sugar cube. I need to learn how to edit RAW files really rather than just changing all settings to see what happens.

This was my second try, the first shots of skittles didn't turn out how I'd hoped.

sweet shot works very well, great capture

Sweet - you did well there to capture the moment. But there is something strange about the pic in that above the splash the droplets look like liquid whereas below the splash they look like stains on a card. Doesn't bother me but I wonder how the lower ones could be made to look more liquid. And i can't work out what the light coloured line is at the right. Like you I am still trying to learn :bonk: and I must try some splash stuff. There are some good examples on the forums. Really good take on the theme.

I tried tea on my 'Sigh' and the 'model' holding it would have puked if she had tried to drink it at the end. :)

Yet another thread that has slipped under my rat rader.

Direction - Very good take on the theme, #2 works better for me as it looks like it is falling rather than lifting off. Nice lighting and the blue sky really helps make the shot IMO.

Sigh - Oh I remember that Sigh only too well, I actually enjoy seeing others doing it now..lol

Sweet - Nice capture and another excellent take on the theme.

Look forward to seeing more of you're work as the week progress :)

Sweet - awesome shot...

not thats a very sweet shot..........

sweet shot works very well, great capture

Thanks for looking :)

Sweet - you did well there to capture the moment. But there is something strange about the pic in that above the splash the droplets look like liquid whereas below the splash they look like stains on a card. Doesn't bother me but I wonder how the lower ones could be made to look more liquid. And i can't work out what the light coloured line is at the right. Like you I am still trying to learn :bonk: and I must try some splash stuff. There are some good examples on the forums. Really good take on the theme.

I tried tea on my 'Sigh' and the 'model' holding it would have puked if she had tried to drink it at the end. :)

I agree with you there. I tried to set it up in the same way when I tried waterdrops myself recently here. I guess its the flash bouncing off of the paper in the background that is losing the colour of the background tea. I don't have an off camera flash so I 'tried' to make a sort of funnel using paper to direct the light further back, but obviously apart from the funnel letting light escape (the paper is too thin) it is probably bouncing back and actually highlighting the whole thing too. I really need to get to grips with this RAW editing to see if I could salvage things like the terrible colour in the background.

Thanks though, I genuinly appreciate things like this being picked up, helps me see where I am going wrong and how I can improve :) I'll have to have another play at some point this week when I have some spare time.

Yet another thread that has slipped under my rat rader.

Direction - Very good take on the theme, #2 works better for me as it looks like it is falling rather than lifting off. Nice lighting and the blue sky really helps make the shot IMO.

Sigh - Oh I remember that Sigh only too well, I actually enjoy seeing others doing it now..lol

Sweet - Nice capture and another excellent take on the theme.

Look forward to seeing more of you're work as the week progress :)

Thanks for your comments :) I've a fair bit of commenting to catch up on myself, all a bit over whelming!

Direction - I must admit to not being able tyo decide between the two

Sigh - Fits the theme but would have preferred a colour balance to it

Sweet - Well caught. How many sugar cubes did you go through for this?

I'm way behind on both my own and looking at others so I'm playing catchup :(

Sigh - I think you do have a more moody type shot but guess it could be a moody sigh?

Sweet - well captured but not light enough in the foreground really, not sure if it's the exposure or if it just needed a little more light in that area?

Back