Bargains Thread

Not as good as the £8 for 5 rolls, but AG photographic have some recently expired Provia 100F at £14 for 5, which is rather tempting

Further update on the expired Provia 400

order.jpg

booooo.

7dayshop have this : Fuji Velvia 100 - RVP 100 120 Roll - Colour Reversal Slide Film - 5 PACK - DATED 08/12 £11.99, 10+ £9.99

This may be the wrong thread, but the Kenilworth Oxfam has a number of new cameras. There's a Contina (non-folding, f/2.8 I think), a plastic-looking Kodak Brownie 127, a boxy Kodak Brownie Portrait No 2 (apparently a 120 camera), a Fujica ST-601 body (M42 mount), and a bunch of other stuff including a battered looking Plus-8 (?) movie camera. It was behind glass and I couldn't see the prices but they are normally pretty cheap.

I got a Vanguard tripod for £5 which I thought was pretty good, but see there are/have been several of these for sale at similar prices. Still, since I don't currently own a tripod and seem to be moving in that direction, I reckon it's not a bad buy!

Hi all POUNDLAND have Agfaphoto 200 vista plus 36 expo in date 2014 I bought 10 boxes any thoughts.

Mmm I wonder if there will be any of this Agfa Vista left in the pound shops when I get to the UK next month....Perhaps some kind person could pick up say 10 rolls or so for me and post on to a relative in the UK...I could then pick em up when I visit.

This is assuming that the postage cost wont turn them into £2 films!! lol

Mmm I wonder if there will be any of this Agfa Vista left in the pound shops when I get to the UK next month....Perhaps some kind person could pick up say 10 rolls or so for me and post on to a relative in the UK...I could then pick em up when I visit.

There's always been plenty whenever I've looked - it's not particularly new knowledge amongst film shooters in the UK (the ones on the internet anyway).

There's always been plenty whenever I've looked - it's not particularly new knowledge amongst film shooters in the UK (the ones on the internet anyway).

I actually picked up a couple of rolls when I was in Yorkshire earlier this year...tbh I wish I'd picked up more as it is ideal for both testing cameras and for manipulating into other formats; ie: 828

If all goes pear shaped then it's only a quid lost!

Asha, I can pick you up some if you want, they have loads in my local PL.

Asha, I can pick you up some if you want, they have loads in my local PL.

Don't be making a special journey Nick....as and when you next go in then if you can pick up about a dozen rolls then that would be superb.....I'll PM you my mother in laws address in Yorkshire and of course will get some pennies to you if you let me know your paypal details.
Much appreciated.

I am going to see if they have some in the central Norwich store tomorrow. I went to the out of town PL earlier in the week and their stock had gone. I asked the manager if they had any out the back and he said it had all gone and he couldn't understand why his entire stock had sold out!

Do you think TP started something?

Unfortunately not a bargain for anyone to try and get, but someone paid £46 for a Jobo CPA2 with a lift - which is almost daylight robbery.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271097840...l?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=271097840329&_rdc=1

And the fact that it was verified as thermostat/heater working, comes with the 6-bath E6 template rather than the usual 3-4 bath... any of you the lucky one?

I don't have such good fortune as whoever it was who got this bargain.....mindst you I did win the last film challenge so perhaps my luck is on the up :D

Kodak TMax 400 120 x 5 £16 incl delivery from mymemory.co.uk :):)

Kodak TMax 400 120 x 5 £16 incl delivery from mymemory.co.uk :):)

David, thanks for the alert, just ordered some. It will be a new experience for me shooting this emulsion. All I need to do is settle on a developer and will have broken the HP5/ID11 habit!:LOL:

Acros looks lovely. I'm rather tempted to try it, especially at that price

Last edited:
In T-Max Dev, I always found the results a little lacklustre and unappealing. Personal preference really; grain is very well controlled though.

:thinking: they look a bit grainy to me...

They look like USM has picked out grain that normally wouldn't be apparent.

Maybe selective rather than global sharpening could be the conservative choice, or maybe I'm just too used to 6x6....I dunno ??

:thinking: they look a bit grainy to me...

They look like USM has picked out grain that normally wouldn't be apparent.

Maybe selective rather than global sharpening could be the conservative choice, or maybe I'm just too used to 6x6....I dunno ??

I think I'm seeing "sharpening artifacts" rather than grain in those shots on the blog - perhaps due to their being sourced from flickr, and flickr's own (often rather harsh) resize down and sharpen algorithms... shame he didn't link the files properly, passing through to the flickr sources, so we could have a shuftie at the original uploads :shrug:

I think I'm seeing "sharpening artifacts" rather than grain in those shots on the blog - perhaps due to their being sourced from flickr, and flickr's own (often rather harsh) resize down and sharpen algorithms... shame he didn't link the files properly, passing through to the flickr sources, so we could have a shuftie at the original uploads :shrug:

Seems a shame to comment on the virtues of stand development citing super smooth grain, and back it up with grainy pictures.
Still, if that's what Flickr does, that's what Flickr does..:shrug:

Here's his flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/danimalweb/ but the photos are only available at small sizes :(

When i get round to scanning it, i have a roll of Acros in 120 i rated at 100 and devved in 1:100 Rodinal for 1 hour stand dev, will post a 100% crop of the grain

(I scan 35mm and 120 at the same resolution so the 100% crops should in theory be the same)

Mathers seem to have some 35mm Ilford Delta 400 expired 6/2012 at £1.95. Plus their delivery charge of course. I've bought one roll (in among other stuff) as I've no idea what it's like (sounds stupid when you write it like that, doesn't it?).

Blo*dy Hell, lets all chip in and get this....and a large shed to put it in.:LOL:

that depreciation is insane

that depreciation is insane

I remember when I was helping a mate of mine do his business plan for setting up a minilab shop. The purchase of the minilab setup was of a similar size to that unit, but with the estimated throughput the lab would generate, it would pretty much pay for itself within 3 years.

In the end, my mate actually opted for a 3 year lease on a Agfa machine, direct from Agfa, who gave reduced rate leasing provided you purchased the chemicals from them (not a hardship, as their price was very competitive at the time anyway) and at the end of the 3 year lease they all but gave you the machine (think it was something like £10 option-to-purchase :thinking:)

Either way, I'd guess that that particular machine had paid for itself many times over, and frankly, getting paid £25 by someone who was prepared to take it away is probably a good deal compared with getting someone capable of de-commisioning and re-cycling it to deal with the brute!

Not sure this is the right thread, but a local camera shop has a couple of Carl Zeiss Jenazooms. One is a M42 thread (I think it might be 80-200mm), the other is an unknown bayonet fitting 70-210 (the shop owner doesn't know either, I think these lenses were in the cupboard when he moved in!). I know they are not real German Zeiss, but made under licence in Japan. The thing is, they are nice and light; I don't use my existing Tamron 85-210mm because of its weight (750 gm). I have a couple of Pentaxes, ME and MX.

The M42 thread is obviously a possibility with an adapter, but AFAICS it means zoom, focus wide open then stop down to meter, which sounds a lot of faff.

I'm not sure if there are other lens fittings with adapters that do allow open metering on a Pentax K mount?

Anyway, this is what the other lens mount looks like (sorry about the terrible shots)...

DSCF4571_zps104a5ec4.jpg

DSCF4570_zpsde1e1788.jpg

An one that I'm quite ashamed of as it is terribly OOF but the only one that shows the top of the lens fitting...

DSCF4569_zpsf392859b.jpg

I don't have a price yet, but I suspect the price could be right for me... if they are going to work! Any thoughts on the fitting and whether it would work well on the Pentax?

Unless the zooms are dirt cheap (£5 each) I'd check em out on the net before buying at a higher price. Don't forget you can use a Tamron adapter for their lenses on nearly every camera.
In the pics it looks like a Praktica bayonet AFAIK wont work properly on a Pentax.

Last edited:
I've read around a bit, and opinion seems to be mixed. This comparison is interesting; you can see the size advantage, and the CZJ is in the middle of the pack for results (against MUCH more expensive lenses).

http://kertkley.com/docs/photographyrelated/lenses/7080-210200.htm

I think I'm willing to pay a bit more than £5 but less than the £65 or so currently on fleebay eu...

Ah. This post shows what looks like the same mount, and the work he needed to make it fit http://oomz.net/kadapter/... I think the registration distance is 44.4mm, so it won't work. M42 or nothing then :( .

Back