Bargains Thread

Edit My Images
No
I'm sure like many others here I often trawl sites and spot bargains, but kit that isn't what you want but surely must be of interest for someone else - so hopefully this will be handy for those people with GAS!

Bronica ETRS + 75mm f/2.8 + plain prism + WLF - £169

http://www.lcegroup.co.uk/Used/10-ETRS+-75mm+wlf_41436.html looks like it has gone!

I reckon that's a decent price for a medium format SLR!

Last edited:
I was originally going to post it there, but I reckon there's very little market for Film equipment from 90% of the people who frequent that subforum, unlike here obviously!

true - but if we don't let anyone else have a crack at the kit, there'll be no more filmies come along to join us... we're a dying breed you know, just look at poor old Sean O'Cold - victim of a tragic darkroom accident :LOL:

Yeh, but he was exposed as a fake! :razz:

I'm sure like many others here I often trawl sites and spot bargains, but kit that isn't what you want but surely must be of interest for someone else - so hopefully this will be handy for those people with GAS!

Bronica ETRS + 75mm f/2.8 + plain prism + WLF - £169

http://www.lcegroup.co.uk/Used/10-ETRS+-75mm+wlf_41436.html

I reckon that's a decent price for a medium format SLR!

whaaa where? I can't see it :( searching 'bronica' gives a etrs kit for £299 'on sale' :|

ah well, another time!

Probably wouldn't hurt having a separate thread for film I guess, more dedicated interest...

I got a good condition Canon EOS 650 with bag, 50mm f1.8 mark 1, 35-70mm and a basic flash all for a tenner at a carboot :LOL:

I think you'll find the "gloating" thread is here ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------

I ran it past the rest of the staffroom, and the general consensus was that notices need to be posted in the existing Shopping, Suppliers and Bargain's section. If we're going to have this notices thread in F&C, can we please try and keep things tidy...

1 - post the "bargain notice" in the existing Shopping, Suppliers and Bargain's section.

2 - post a link to the bargain notice in here

3 - try and keep discussion to a minimum on this thread - leave it for notices only.

If everyone's amenable to this, I'll clean up this thread and sticky it.

Let me know what you think :)

This is a good idea but would be wasted/lost in the bargains section, film always comes up cheap in random places so it would be good to have this in here as well...

This is an incredible deal that realistically won't ever happen again I think.

5 rolls of Neopan 1600 for £17.99 - that's £3.59 a roll (cheaper than Neopan 400!). Expiry is July 2012.

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_1&products_id=113399

Most of the world can't get Neopan 1600, bizarrely it's pretty much only the UK left and this is the last stocks - I bought a roll of Neopan 1600 about half a year ago and it was the same dated stuff.

Much better than their current clearance deal on Ektachrome 100D Super 8 at the moment.. 7DS price was £14.69, Special Price £11.29, UK RRP £10.49, You Save -£0.80

Typo somewhere.. ..

Haha, just saw that today; definitely a typo somewhere! Looking around most of the US based fora show that the Neopan 1600 is treated like gold dust by them - a film that people absolutely love. I'm tempted to get a bit more...

Yes, 7DayShop at £6.09.

That Mailshots price doesn't include delivery; cheapest option is £2.92+VAT, which works out at £6.15 per roll.

Keep an eye on the 7dayshop price as it fluctuates wildly. I grabbed a load of 35mm 400 portra @ £4.29 per roll last week.

Thanks for the replies - forgot to add in the postage. Was hoping to find cheaper than 7dayshop really - even if its about to expire.

Oh well. The search goes on! :D

even if its about to expire.

I reckon you won't find much of this - Portra 400 is an awesome emulsion but it's quite expensive, and I think that premium C-41 film has a limited market, so I doubt shops and businesses buy that much in one go; they probably prefer to order as necessary, i.e. less likely to have some discounted, leftover, about to expire.

I reckon you won't find much of this - Portra 400 is an awesome emulsion but it's quite expensive, and I think that premium C-41 film has a limited market, so I doubt shops and businesses buy that much in one go; they probably prefer to order as necessary, i.e. less likely to have some discounted, leftover, about to expire.

Yeah i'm sure you're right - ive just been spoiled with fuji pro 400h at £2.50 a roll as it was expiring. (can't for the life of me, remember where the hell i ordered it from :crying: )

hoped to find something similar. I'll just have to keep looking.

thanks anyway.

Sounds like Mathers of Lancs. I wish Portra was cheaper, £6 is just too dear for me personally, but film R&D costs!

Sounds like Mathers of Lancs. I wish Portra was cheaper, £6 is just too dear for me personally, but film R&D costs!

yeah just found them - such a steal. :D

yeah £6 is just pushing it. going to see if overseas friends can get a bulk order for me or something.

That is cheap, good catch! I bought a few rolls when it was that price on their website, but the price drop was only for about 48 hours tops. This might be an overhang from another price drop... likely to increase soon. This is almost certainly THE cheapest way of getting Tri-X in the UK for anyone potentially interested!

Don't forget that come 1st April 2012 - Low Value Consignment Relief (LVCR) ends.

LVCR applies to some goods imported from the Channel Islands - including some photo accessories.

After 1st April Channel Island retailers will have to add 20% VAT to many of their prices

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/news/removal-lvcr.htm

That is cheap, good catch! I bought a few rolls when it was that price on their website, but the price drop was only for about 48 hours tops. This might be an overhang from another price drop... likely to increase soon. This is almost certainly THE cheapest way of getting Tri-X in the UK for anyone potentially interested!

I think you're right.. 7DS will assign a certain quantity to a price on their website and a certain quantity to their Amazon Marketplace account. It might be worth remembering this if the 7DS own site sells out quicker, flick across to their Amazon sales and see if there's still stock left!

Alastair said:
I think you're right.. 7DS will assign a certain quantity to a price on their website and a certain quantity to their Amazon Marketplace account. It might be worth remembering this if the 7DS own site sells out quicker, flick across to their Amazon sales and see if there's still stock left!

Same works for their listings on eBay as well. Slightly more because they lose out with sellers fees, but still cheaper if they hike their website price up - still the delay in updating their eBay page. I'm done buying film for now! (y)

And it's back up to £4.39 on Amazon from 7dayshop. Hope someone benefited from the advice to buy quickly!

I was pretty sure I ordered some last night, it seems to have cancelled and gone back into my basket today. :(

Another heads up on Tri-X 120, 7DS now have the 5x packs on special at £16.99 delivered, that's £3.40 per roll

Also 5 rolls of Tri-X in 35mm for £16.49. Kodak is only selling Tri-X in pro-packs now, which might be the reason for the 5 rolls of 120 (although that said, 7dayshop always ignored that and sold individual rolls from packs).

RiceNettie said:
Wow thank you guys for your advice! I haven't had a chance to browse all your links but some of them were very useful. I made a list and now just have to make my choice :) cheers

Most of them tend to disappear after 24-48 hours so most of them posted are probably expired!

Back