Bargains Thread

sadly amazon doesnt work like that for marketplace.

Order Summary
Items: £19.70
Postage & Packing: £45.90
Order Total: £65.60
I've just emailed them asking they can justify £45.90 for something that would only cost £7.20 even if they sent it RMSD, just waiting for a response :D

marketplace doesn't combine postage, that's why
I kind of get that if you're buying a bunch of different items but when there's an option to make a multiple purchase charging £49.50 for something that would only cost a maximum of £7.20 even if it they were to send it RMSD is really just taking the p***!

6pm today Amazon are doing the Sekonic L308s in their Black Friday sales, might get a decent price on one if anyone is looking.

Picked up a Konika film picker day for 99p. Bit tricky and clearly not as good as the jack the hat one in the video I watched to learn how to use it but I can now retrieve film in daylight. Stuff trying to trim the leader in the dark!

I thought it was a bit odd having 24+3 on the packaging. They used to have that years ago but I haven't noticed it on any recent films.

Yeah, I remember that. You could often squeeze another frame or two out of 35mm anyway, until you managed to rip the film off the spool inside the cassette. That was a pain in the neck!

Not specifically to do with film photography, but if anyone shops on Amazon and has a Mastercard, you can get £5 off a £10+ spend at the moment, as long as the item is fulfilled by Amazon.co.uk. So, for instance, this propack of Portra 400 in 120 works out at £15 delivered:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kodak-Portra-Roll-Film-Professional/dp/B004ABHKZ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418137285&sr=8-1&keywords=portra 400

Details here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?docId=1000842343

If I hadn't already used the deal on something else today (you only get one go at it) I'd have been doing the above.

Last edited:
Not specifically to do with film photography, but if anyone shops on Amazon and has a Mastercard, you can get £5 off a £10+ spend at the moment, as long as the item is fulfilled by Amazon.co.uk. So, for instance, this propack of Portra 400 in 120 works out at £15 delivered:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kodak-Portra-Roll-Film-Professional/dp/B004ABHKZ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418137285&sr=8-1&keywords=portra 400

Details here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?docId=1000842343

If I hadn't already used the deal on something else today (you only get one go at it) I'd have been doing the above.

You, sir, have made my day. Shame the 5 rolls of HP5+ isn't fulfilled by Amazon though!

I do love a bit of Portra 400 and that's an offer too good to miss. Order placed :)

Cheers!

If anyone didn't get the email, AG-photolab have a discount off everything (including processing) with the code XMAS2014 at checkout. Ends on the 31st.

the magazine, Black and White Photography have a free book offer on. go to www.thegmcgroup.com and pick from "Photographing weather" "Understanding composition" or "Digital nature and landscape photography" (Ok digital but im sure it wil be ok :) ) and enter the code f4736 at the checkout, only a couple quid for delivery. while stocks last etc. I got the weather one.

Might have to swap at some point. I got the composition one but did swither over that one.

the magazine, Black and White Photography have a free book offer on. go to www.thegmcgroup.com and pick from "Photographing weather" "Understanding composition" or "Digital nature and landscape photography" (Ok digital but im sure it wil be ok :) ) and enter the code f4736 at the checkout, only a couple quid for delivery. while stocks last etc. I got the weather one.
I must be missing something, do you have to sign up or something? I can't find any of those books just a 30% off offer on subscription.

yeah i had to register. I then did a search for "photographing weather" put it in my basket, at the checkout i entered the code and it was all discounted at that point.

Mine arrived today. Not bad actually. Very good value...

yeah mine turned up last week, worth a couple of quid for postage.

If it is not too old I'd offer £50, as Vista is fresh and about the same quality for results. i.e. VG in the right conditions and subject.

7dayshop have significantly increased the number of films that they now supply with no added postage cost. I just ordered some and it came from Netherlands I think, so it seems they have new delivery arrangements to before...worth a look perhaps if anyone's buying film. What's more, they now have free delivery on any order of two or more items if one is from their clearance section (which to be honest most of us could easily find something useful in, eg AA batteries). http://www.7dayshop.com/clearance-and-sale-items/

There are some amazingly cheap photo books at Natural History museum shop. Book on pinhole: £1, Master Photographers (£80 usually): £5. Worth a look if your are there over half term...

There are some amazingly cheap photo books at Natural History museum shop. Book on pinhole: £1, Master Photographers (£80 usually): £5. Worth a look if your are there over half term...

Interesting, was it a sale, stock clearance? Doesn't seem to be any mention online about it.

Interesting, was it a sale, stock clearance? Doesn't seem to be any mention online about it.
I think it is just stock clearance. There is a little mini-shop just outside the main museum shop which has the clearance items. All sorts of stuff in there, I also picked up Ice-Age 2 Bluray for £1 so my daughter was very happy.

Back