Beach Photo (can it be saved)

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Here is a photo I done on holiday I'm not so happy with this it wasn't 100% in focus and I cant seem to get the PP right and get it how I want it its kinda blown out on highlights was a very bright day though? landscape is new for me so this was my first attempt! gone wrong any advice would be great :( lol

what's peoples thoughts on this ? anyway this can be saved?

@Kodiak Qc you able to advice on this one as I see you do this alot or anyone else I have the Raw file available if that's better but its terrible before PP ?

or is this fit for the Recycle bin lol!!

Heres the photo I'm not happy with how its turned out :( had to upload from computer so its compressed to 350kb

IMG_1323-Edit.jpg

Regards
Broken

Last edited:

I don't see the picture!!!

Chris
For me it is shot with the sun in the wrong position as shooting into the sun was never going to help this.
Have you use a polariser and if not what caused the vignette?
The composition may have worked with better light but this is harsh.

Probably the kind of time of day to enjoy the holiday or shoot another subject like shadows/details.

Chris
For me it is shot with the sun in the wrong position as shooting into the sun was never going to help this.
Have you use a polariser and if not what caused the vignette?
The composition may have worked with better light but this is harsh.

Probably the kind of time of day to enjoy the holiday or shoot another subject like shadows/details.

Yeah was a rather harsh light we was messing around at the beach so took a few shots of where j was sunset would of been better but we had gone by this point and wasn't too much about to shoot just a few rocks

Not a great picture but the rest I got rid off

But do think a sunset would of been a better time here

Theres some strange processing on this? Thrown a grad filter on the sky in post?
You could stick up the raw unprocessed and let people have a go at it?

Theres some strange processing on this? Thrown a grad filter on the sky in post?
You could stick up the raw unprocessed and let people have a go at it?

yeah that photo had a Grad filter on the PP was my last attempt as was getting late so posted what i was left with, ill post the Raw file when I'm home its terrible I'm prob going to just scrap this one not working too great :/

Last edited:
yeah that photo had a Grad filter on the PP was my last attempt as was getting late so posted what i was left with, ill post the Raw file when I'm home its terrible I'm prob going to just scrap this one not working too great :/

It is a learning oportunity so maybe carry on for now?

It is a learning oportunity so maybe carry on for now?

yeah this is true was my first proper attempt at landscape style photos, but i should of let them all go and wait for sunset then walk an hour back to the caravan! would of made a much better shot then bright over blown sky!

Back