weekly Bebop's 52 2021 - Week 52: Showcase

Very well thought out Bee, great idea well executed (y)
Amazing, thats certainly thinking out of the box Bebop!. Where did you find the tiny camel?
Thank you both :) It all started with thinking of something small... the eye of a needle...
I photographed the camel in Tangiers in 2016. I've just noticed the light is coming from the other side on the camel so I might have to do something about that now :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Still life - great historical story to the silver ware and well done on the lighting.

Minuscule - interesting to get a composition in as well.

Nice jobs on both.

Pete

I've had to flip the needle so that the light is from the same direction for both camel and needle... I shall sleep better tonight :LOL:
:LOL: in all honesty I hadn't notice :)

That's excellent! The whole composition is great including the "sandy" background colour. :clap:

Very funny! Well done.
Thank you!

Still life - great historical story to the silver ware and well done on the lighting.

Minuscule - interesting to get a composition in as well.

Nice jobs on both.

Pete
Thanks Pete. I'm relieved to get the technique sorted :)

:LOL: in all honesty I hadn't notice :)
I didn't until I posted it, but I think it's meant to be something you're always meant to think about.... hmmm...

That's excellent! The whole composition is great including the "sandy" background colour. :clap:
Thanks Simon. I did have a bit of a dilemma about the colour choice, it was nearly blue :) I felt the radial filter almost gave the camel a halo.

That's a class idea! Nicely done too!
Many thanks Nick. I'm glad you like it :)

Can't add any more to the comments other than say the same: Great idea, really well executed. And the flippage to resolve the lighting was worth the extra effort IMO. Have a lovely Christmas Be.

Excellent idea and well put together
Many thanks Allan

Can't add any more to the comments other than say the same: Great idea, really well executed. And the flippage to resolve the lighting was worth the extra effort IMO. Have a lovely Christmas Be.
Thanks Ian. I’m so glad you think so. I had to flip it once I’d noticed :) You have a lovely Christmas too!

Week 51: Seasonal

A bit of a rubbish effort this week I'm afraid. I took a few photos last Thursday on my phone of some offerings that had been made for the Winter Solstice at the Longstone. I was hoping to get something better, but have had yet another cold grrr! Plus visitors, so I will just get the tick please.

It was a suitably spooky, foggy, seasonal evening.

20211223-week51-IMG_6791.jpg

And a close up of the offerings.... how kind of them to slice the pomegranate open...

20211223-week51-IMG_6792 1.jpg

That a really interesting picture, offerings to the gods I like it

Really interesting! I never realised there were so many people who would make such offerings. Nice way to finish the year.

Great, and different.... But who on Earth thinks the Pagan Gods might fancy some Brussels Sprouts???

That a really interesting picture, offerings to the gods I like it
Really interesting! I never realised there were so many people who would make such offerings. Nice way to finish the year.
Great, and different.... But who on Earth thinks the Pagan Gods might fancy some Brussels Sprouts???
Strange customs some people have, but fits the theme.

Pete
A great and different take on seasonal. Nicely done.
Thank you all so much for dropping by. Not a great photo but I thought the subject was worthy of sharing. My thought was they'd have been better sharing the food at the food bank.

Week 52: Showcase

I've found it really tricky to choose a showcase image. I have a lot of very mediocre images. Here is one where I was pleased to capture a food pass from the male linnet to the female. The light is not ideal and neither is the twig, but I felt privileged to be there.

20210507-BC130164_1-1_week52.jpg

Amazing shot Be and a worthy cap to a great 52. Well done for finishing, and thanks for getting round to my thread far more often than I got here.

All the best for 2022.

I think ita a great shot. The contrasty light gives it impact.
Have a great 2022.

Amazing shot Be and a worthy cap to a great 52. Well done for finishing, and thanks for getting round to my thread far more often than I got here.

All the best for 2022.
Many thanks Ian. I've really appreciated your input, and I've saved some of your tips on various things for when I eventually get round to them..... all my unfinished projects :rolleyes:
Wishing you all the best for 2022

A very nice image to finish on Bee (y)

Great shot Bebop, if you hadn't explained that it was a food pass, I would have assumed that they were a couple happily bickering away... :D

Great shot Bebop, if you hadn't explained that it was a food pass, I would have assumed that they were a couple happily bickering away... :D
That made me chuckle. You can just see an insect in his beak. I confess I had to get some expert help as I wondered if it was a juvenile being fed.
Thanks for your comments this year Bill and all the best for 2022.

That made me chuckle. You can just see an insect in his beak. I confess I had to get some expert help as I wondered if it was a juvenile being fed.
Thanks for your comments this year Bill and all the best for 2022.
Thanks Bebop, I haven't been the best at adding comments the past two years but I've made a commitment to myself to be better this year...

Hope you have a great 2022!

I think that is a cracking image. You've posted some lovely shots through the year. Well done for getting through the 52 as it hasn't been the easiest.

I think that is a cracking image. You've posted some lovely shots through the year. Well done for getting through the 52 as it hasn't been the easiest.
You're very kind Helen, thank you. It was a magical moment for me. And thank you for your comments throughout the year. I've enjoyed seeing your photos.
Wishing you all the best for 2022.

Lovely picture. Well done on the completion.

Enjoying perusing your images I didn't see at the time, trying to add comments on as many as time permits before it starts all over again :)

Living
That's a great capture and very much alive. Any time I'm near the woods the birds are in hiding, or that's how it seems.

Still Life
Flash with reflective surfaces is one true fire way to tax your photography skills, with it well handled here. Maybe I have OCD tendencies or just picky but the edge of the jug handle intersecting the surface breaks the composition a bit for me.

Minuscule
Lots of detail on the needle which is great, as a a fellow affinity user I know the trials and tribulations you would have gone through with selections. There is a good selection of macros available on one of Facebook user groups, one of which is a six pass sharpening process which I've had good results with.

Seasonal
I'm presuming some animals might benefit from the food being left there. Sparing no expense with the sprouts on the stalk too!!

Showcase
Great capture which personally I see accentuated by the branch shaping helping to define the birds. Did you consider it in portrait format?

All the best for 2022

Enjoying perusing your images I didn't see at the time, trying to add comments on as many as time permits before it starts all over again :)

Living
That's a great capture and very much alive. Any time I'm near the woods the birds are in hiding, or that's how it seems.

Still Life
Flash with reflective surfaces is one true fire way to tax your photography skills, with it well handled here. Maybe I have OCD tendencies or just picky but the edge of the jug handle intersecting the surface breaks the composition a bit for me.

Minuscule
Lots of detail on the needle which is great, as a a fellow affinity user I know the trials and tribulations you would have gone through with selections. There is a good selection of macros available on one of Facebook user groups, one of which is a six pass sharpening process which I've had good results with.

Seasonal
I'm presuming some animals might benefit from the food being left there. Sparing no expense with the sprouts on the stalk too!!

Showcase
Great capture which personally I see accentuated by the branch shaping helping to define the birds. Did you consider it in portrait format?

All the best for 2022
Gosh Stuart that is above the call of duty. Thank you so much for spending the time to look through and add your comments - you have given me some food for thought...

I hadn't noticed the jug handle - well spotted. The top of the caddy thing is wonky and I think I was too busy trying to make that look okay that I missed this. If I've made an effort on a photo, as in this case, I like people to be picky :)

Minuscule was a learning curve, and I'm glad I tried it. I did deliberately try and make the background stand out to make the selection easier. I even tried something green, but it ended up reflecting onto the needle. I've never tried a macro in Affinity, though I have in Photoshop. I will have a dig around facebook and see what groups there are. I don't think I'm in any Affinity ones.

Good idea on Showcase. I agree portrait might work better, now you mention it :) I might print this one up actually.

Wishing you all the best for 2022 and the next one!

lovely image to finish on, I really like the shape of the twig and the way the birds are 'framed' with it. great job and well done for finishing.

That's a great moment captured. I like the positions of the bodies, and the feather detail.
All the best for 2022.

Back