weekly Bebop's 52 for 2020 - week 52: Decor(ate)

I don't think I've ever managed to get an in flight shot of a hoverfly. You got a good one there, it's all in focus and good colours. Buttercup, what buttercup ;)

Week 25 - Snapper's Choice

I'm disappointed not to have taken a shot especially for this week, but here is one from the end of May. I'm currently shielding and somewhat despondent about photography this week. It will only be 3 weeks, so nothing compared to what many people have had to endure... and I have a garden... I'm looking forward to expanding my horizons soon.
20200531-BCO30515_DxO-2.jpg

Nice minimalist composition. Looks like they are shielding too.. a bit more than social distancing :)
Hope you have a better week and Mother Nature comes up trumps in the garden.

I like the colours on that and the yachts on the horizon add to the pic.

I hope you're able to get out again soon.

That's a lovely simpler shot that deserves printing big! If it was mine I'd remove the right side boat for even simpler :)

Nice image, it's almost 'fine art', great range of colour in the sea and the 2 yachts give it great perspective and sense of scale.

Nice minimalist composition. Looks like they are shielding too.. a bit more than social distancing :)
Hope you have a better week and Mother Nature comes up trumps in the garden.
Thank you. Yes don't know what's happened to me this week - usually so keen!
I like the colours on that and the yachts on the horizon add to the pic.

I hope you're able to get out again soon.
Thank you - next week all being well! Looking forward to it!
That's a lovely simpler shot that deserves printing big! If it was mine I'd remove the right side boat for even simpler :)
That's an interesting take. I like that they mirrored each other, and that didn't occur to me - that's when sharing can bring new possibilities. I am thinking of printing it, but when I suggested it to my husband he was most unimpressed :ROFLMAO:
Nice image, it's almost 'fine art', great range of colour in the sea and the 2 yachts give it great perspective and sense of scale.
Thank you. I liked it especially as they were on the horizon, but Mr. Bebop was not impressed. I might print it anyway - the printer needs a run :)

As others have said a very nice minimalists image Bee (y)

but Mr. Bebop was not impressed. I might print it anyway -
What does he know ? :LOL:
You know what they say? publish ( or print in this instance) and be damned :D

I like the serenity of this and the symmetry of the yachts frame it nicely.

As others have said a very nice minimalists image Bee (y)

What does he know ? :LOL:
You know what they say? publish ( or print in this instance) and be damned :D
Exactly! He does have a better eye for a photograph than I do, but I shall just ignore that fact. :LOL: and thank you.
I like the serenity of this and the symmetry of the yachts frame it nicely.
I like the symmetry and I like the view, I have stayed clear of the beach since the nasty virus arrived and I am missing the sea.
Thanks Graham and Clive. I had to wait for them to get close enough to fit in the frame. In fact I'd have waited for them to get a bit closer if I didn't have the family getting impatient. I have been shielding so I haven't been there since this trip either. This was a lockdown walk and it was empty.

It's a lovely example of minimalism can't add anything else that hasn't already been said.
Im sure you will get your mojo back soon, Ive no idea what a mojo is by the way :thinking:

It's a lovely example of minimalism can't add anything else that hasn't already been said.
Im sure you will get your mojo back soon, Ive no idea what a mojo is by the way :thinking:
Thank you. I don't know what a mojo is either, but when I find it I think I'll be happy.... I think it might be at the beach ;)

That's why we added the "re-edit an archive" option, for those weeks when we simply can't go out. Stay Strong !
That's quite a cool photo isn't it and nice to have an excuse to use it on the 52. Loving how you've lined up the yachts on the 3rds.

That's why we added the "re-edit an archive" option, for those weeks when we simply can't go out. Stay Strong !
That's quite a cool photo isn't it and nice to have an excuse to use it on the 52. Loving how you've lined up the yachts on the 3rds.
Thanks Tim and the extra leeway is much appreciated.

I did sneak out today - only a day early, so I have been quite good :) I took my camera down to the beach to catch some kitesurfers and I must say it was great to be out. and just what I needed

Reactions: LC2
Week 26: Mother Nature

Whoppee! First trip out with the camera for a while - captured some kitesurfers at the local beach (I know this could get boring) harnessing the power of mother nature.

I would have liked a slightly wider crop, but this is what happens when you have 600mm on your camera and they come too close!

200628141812-BCO30202-Edit-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
That's a cracking shot and very sharp. Great sense of power.

Great shot, wave breaking behind shows the wild nature of these surfers (good exposure- I must practice !)

I will look out for you next time I am that side of our beautiful island..

That's a cracking shot and very sharp. Great sense of power.
Thanks Graham :)
Great shot, wave breaking behind shows the wild nature of these surfers (good exposure- I must practice !)

I will look out for you next time I am that side of our beautiful island..
Many thanks Steve. Yours were not far off exposure wise at all - nothing a tweak in post processing couldn't sort out. I didn't exposure compensate at all on Saturday, but the light was better than when you were there. Yes come and say hello if you see me on the beach :)

Snapper's choice - great composition and colours
Mother nature - great action shot

Great action shot, there's a lot of detail.
You've definitely caught mother natures power.
If they're were getting to close, just tell them to go further away, don't they know you've got a theme to fulfill ;)

Snapper's choice - great composition and colours
Mother nature - great action shot
Cracking Action shot for Mother Nature nicely done.
Fab capture on the action shot... looks like good fun
Great action shot, there's a lot of detail.
You've definitely caught mother natures power.
If they're were getting to close, just tell them to go further away, don't they know you've got a theme to fulfill ;)
Thank you all for your kind comments.

Great capture for Mother Nature, well taken, shows the action very nicely :)

The Wind Power is Mother Nature looking very powerful.
very good action shot Can’t fault it
Great shot - great action and sharpness. Lots of power in Mother Nature there - nicely done.
I don't think that needs to be any wider, it gives a great sense of the action exactly as it is there.
Thank you for your kind comments. I'd have liked just an incy bit more space above his head and on the left I think.

Back