weekly Bebop's 52 for 2022 - Week 52: Showcase

Lovely squirrel shot.

We used to have quite a number come into the garden but they moved on when I had to clear-fell the softwood timber parcel. I'm currently re-planting with UK hardwoods to create a permanent woodland of about 5 acres ... 600 trees planted and another 1500 to go in in October. Hopefully the reds will re-appear and re-establish. We did have a few greys however they have been dealt with.
Thankyou. That sounds amazing. How fabulous to have your own woodland. Fingers crossed for you that they return. I joined in some local research collecting hairs as I think there are a few strains/types/can't remember the right word. No results yet though.

That's a great squirrel shot.

We only get the little grey ones in our garden and while they are still nice, they're nowhere near as nice as the reds.
Thanks Kell. The grey ones seem so huge when I see them.

Who doesn't love a Red Squirrel shot. It's a fantastic pose!

More lovely wildlife pics, Bebob. I think you’ve chosen the right one for the theme but I do like the cat and pheasants one.

Week 11: Technology

I've been thinking about how to do this all week. I have deliberately not sharpened my chosen pic. I might even have sneaked in a bit of glow :ROFLMAO: It was taken using off camera flash, and also my phone as a remote trigger, so lots of technology involved.. and then run through Film Pack 6 with a layer of condensation added... does it look like I'm sitting on a train?

I didn't really achieve what I wanted, which was to make it look like the phone was lighting up my face. I could really do with a model which would make things so much easier - preferably a beautiful one :ROFLMAO: It was really tricky when using the snoot on my flash, to try and get myself in the right place for the light and the camera.

My back up was this 'thing' enclosed in a perspex box which my Dad was presented with. If anybody knows what it is, I'd love to know. He was an engineer and ended up in management at BT. He was also presented with a piece of the first transatlantic cable - though I've no idea which sibling ended up with that. I was getting a bit frustrated trying to square it up, so it's still a bit wonky.

20220323-BCR_6070_week11.jpg

20220323-BCR_6121_1_week11.jpg

Your chosen shot is superb. Love the expression and illumination.

That works rather well Bebop. I like the lighting and the ”raindrops” add a little extra to the shot. It would have tested my patience setting it up!

I like it.. I'd be happy with that as a portrait - although probably need a few more "filters" to achieve the same effect ;) .

The blue thing (well, the thing in the blue picture!) is a thingy doobrie effort and it used to do something important.

IMO the second (blue) shot meets the brief better than the first but that's probably just me!

Great idea. Sounds like you needed a lot of tech to get the result you wanted.
Sorry but I see no train!

I like it.. I'd be happy with that as a portrait - although probably need a few more "filters" to achieve the same effect ;) .
Thanks Helen. I upped the opacity on the filter :ROFLMAO:

The blue thing (well, the thing in the blue picture!) is a thingy doobrie effort and it used to do something important.

IMO the second (blue) shot meets the brief better than the first but that's probably just me!
ah well you’re not a lot of help :) I thought using a mobile fitted, and the technology to get shot was definitely taxing on my little brain. I assume the thingy is something to do with phone exchanges going digital. I’d love it if someone knew.

Great idea. Sounds like you needed a lot of tech to get the result you wanted.
Sorry but I see no train!
Thanks Pete. Yes I was awash with technology to get it and all the batteries were low too. I didn’t quite get what I wanted as the phone is too bright. I think I needed a different angle so that it looks like the light is coming from the phone.

Ha!

Is there any shot you can't sneak a Red Squirrel in?

I really like the lighting. If I'm totally honest I could live without the condensation, it's a great portrait and I don't feel the image needs it. Doesn't really do any harm though.

Your chosen image certainly has had the input of quite a lot of technology, and does look rather train like.

Ha!

Is there any shot you can't sneak a Red Squirrel in?

I really like the lighting. If I'm totally honest I could live without the condensation, it's a great portrait and I don't feel the image needs it. Doesn't really do any harm though.
:LOL: I keep trying.... Thanks Nick. I am quite fond of using the snoot but the harsh lighting was not ideal... the condensation was to help disguise my less than youthful looks :eek:

Your chosen image certainly has had the input of quite a lot of technology, and does look rather train like.
Thanks Paul. I wasn't even sure if it would all work, but it did. I also had to use high speed sync to get the dark surroundings.

Your chosen shot is great. Sounds like a lot of work to set it up, but was worth the effort For the result!

That is a great image and bang on theme Bebop, I can't see where Miss World was the set theme.
:LOL: what can I say? I spared you the swimming costume :ROFLMAO:

The studio lights would have been easier with the modelling lamp (by the way one of mine has blown), but I didn't have a low enough stand or snoot, so it had to be flash.

This a wonderful shot Bebop, I didn't think you were in a train but possibly through the window of a coffee shop.

Week 12: Discarded

I've been mulling this over all week. I wanted to develop this idea, and it did involve drinking more, however I've run out of time, so I've discarded that idea.

I was going to call it 'Wasted' :ROFLMAO:

20220331-BCR_6505_1_week12.jpg

Last edited:
Nice image, great use of the colour palette and the motion blur on the tin (I presume it's a tin?) works well. Lovely detail and a good idea.

Nice image, great use of the colour palette and the motion blur on the tin (I presume it's a tin?) works well. Lovely detail and a good idea.
Thanks Jim. Yes it's a tin of tonic water (which is full!). I had wanted to get a faster shutter speed so that you could tell, but I couldn't do that without getting my studio light out and I was being lazy. Now I think of it, I could have taken a still shot of the tin and blurred it in post.

That's a fun shot Bebop! I was left wondering what you were dropping in the bin until I read the previous post. My first thought was a tennis ball. I really like the motion blur.

That's a fun shot Bebop! I was left wondering what you were dropping in the bin until I read the previous post. My first thought was a tennis ball. I really like the motion blur.
Thanks Bill. I had planned to do a slice of lemon as well, and try and make them recognisable, but I realised it wasn't all going to come together in time for today

Nice take on tyhe theme and cleverly done :)

Week 13: Flora

Last minute effort again. Some chives picked from the garden this afternoon. The sun kept coming out and ruining my background :)

I planned on doing a stack, but am cutting the corner now and this is just one shot. I have run out of time to clean up the vase a bit and reshoot.
Onward and upward.

20220406-BCR_6953_1_week13.jpg

Back