weekly Bebop's 52 for 2022 - Week 52: Showcase

Good images Bee. Looks a really interesting place to visit.
Many thanks Simon. It is a fascinating place. I only had a couple of hours free, but we plan to go back - out of school holiday time :) We sat in on a great talk about gasses in the mines.

Good image - but is it square?
aghhh you got me! :LOL:
Good phone images BB.
Internal you can see the cogs so I say yes.
Square - square enough for me.
Thanks Peter. Phew… perhaps stretching it a little on both counts.

Liking both images Bebop, my favourite is the old pump.
Thanks Dave. :)

Internal; Nicely done - I like pieces of industrial machines.
Square - The petrol pump is lovely and well spotted for the theme.
Thanks Pete. I like machinery too. Man’s ingenuity has always fascinated me. It’s all so clever!

Catching up:
Internal: I like the perspective Bebop, suits the remit well
Square: I thought that this was a watch face when I first saw it. Very interesting.

We're all playing catch up somewhere along the line. Good to see you're out and about at least.
Looks like an interesting visit and some nice items to include.

Catching up:
Internal: I like the perspective Bebop, suits the remit well
Square: I thought that this was a watch face when I first saw it. Very interesting.
We're all playing catch up somewhere along the line. Good to see you're out and about at least.
Looks like an interesting visit and some nice items to include.
Thank you both. It seems I'm late again this week :rolleyes:
It is a very interesting place and definitely worth a visit if you're in the area. Perhaps a bit far for you Bill :)

I must catch up on commenting myself soon!

Week 34: Small and Tech - Dappled light.

I thought I was going to have to set something up at home but luckily I spotted this small spider in dappled light... although I've cropped so much it's probably hard to tell!! (Look away Tim - I won't tag him!)

It is a tarmac road and taken with effective 820mm lens - I'd been out looking for birds.

20220830-O8300603_1_week34.jpg

LOL, glad to see you are also waiting to the last minute to get the technique! I don't feel quite alone anymore...

Nice image, suits the theme well and the tech. Lovely level of detail too.

LOL, glad to see you are also waiting to the last minute to get the technique! I don't feel quite alone anymore...
Yes it was a bit tough this time - oops!

Well spotted. You must have good eyesight.
Eyesight getting worse by the day it seems, but strangely I did spot this one.

Nice image, suits the theme well and the tech. Lovely level of detail too.
Thanks Jim - phew! Amazing what you can get with a long prime plus extender!

Lovely spider shot Bebop. Great for tech too.
Thanks Pete. I've definitely seen a lot better, but are they in dappled light? Mostly to be avoided I would think :)

Week 35: Snappers Choice

Thanks to the Bournemouth air show I had a B52 fly over my garden twice last Saturday. Sadly the best light and shot coincided with our telephone wires grrr! Still exciting to see. It went right over my head, but I quite liked this approach shot.

20220903-BCR_0080_1_week35.jpg

I like the angle you've chosen.
The contrails give it movement.
Looks a big beast.

What a beast - and a nice shot of it!

Small. Gives me the heeby jeebies slightly but well spotted.
Snappers. That's a great shot - I love the angle of the composition.

Don't see those every day.
Did you get the Lancaster as well, as that circled low down over our house at the weekend, It was a glorious sound and sight, but I was cutting back some bushes at the time so no photo.

Pete

Nice shot, those things are huge!!! I bet it was noisy too.

That's a great shot Bebop. I'd like to see the one with the telephone wires.

I like the angle you've chosen.
The contrails give it movement.
Looks a big beast.
Thanks Peter. It was a beast, for sure.

What a beast - and a nice shot of it!
Cheers Dave. I took a lot of shots in a few brief moments.

Wow!!!!! Great shot - its a bit of a unit isn't it?
Thanks Simon. It certainly is... my heart rate went up a bit as I realised it was going to come close :)

Small. Gives me the heeby jeebies slightly but well spotted.
Snappers. That's a great shot - I love the angle of the composition.
Ha ha! Yes I'm fascinated by them, but am not particularly keen to have them too close. I was pleased that the B52 banked round. It definitely added to it.

Don't see those every day.
Did you get the Lancaster as well, as that circled low down over our house at the weekend, It was a glorious sound and sight, but I was cutting back some bushes at the time so no photo.

Pete
You certainly don't see them here every day. I saw the Lancaster on my phone app, but sadly it didn't come close enough for me. I know the feeling on missing the shot. The previous day I'd had two spitfires come right over our garden fairly low and banked round. That would have been a good pic, except I was sat in my lounge :rolleyes:
Nice shot, those things are huge!!! I bet it was noisy too.
Thanks Jim. Yes it was noisy - added to the excitement :)

Thanks Bill. I haven't got the hard drive to hand at the moment, but will try and remember to share it when I next plug it in. Though I seem to be very poor at getting onto my computer lately.

I had a look and it's actually far too near the edge of the frame and perhaps too much of a silhouette, but here is the one with the telephone wire. At this point it was directly overhead. I did have one or two either side but then there was no light on it at all. I think perhaps the approach shot is better.

20220903-BCR_0104_1-week35.jpg

Week 37: Looking Up

My insurance shot of the flag is the one that screams looking up, but I did have a go at looking up at the Horseshoe Pass. I prefer the second, but I think the flag meets the theme best, so that's the one I'll go with.

20220916-O9160077_1-week37.jpg

20220920-O9200110-week37.jpg

Both for the theme BB.
Fluttering flag is good against the blue sky above.

Thanks Peter. Yes fortuitous bit of blue sky.
I was starting to wonder if my thread was invisible, so thanks for visiting and commenting :)
Well I try to comment on every shot but sometimes I miss a few. Of course I always look for yours:D
But I was away last week so I've been playing catch up.

Well I try to comment on every shot but sometimes I miss a few. Of course I always look for yours:D
But I was away last week so I've been playing catch up.
I try to as well, but I did slip for a couple of weeks. Looks like you’ve had fab weather for your trip. I’m currently in a very grey Ireland with an ill husband so our holiday not quite going to plan :rolleyes: On the plus side, I get some time on my iPad.

They do both work for me although I think i'd also have chosen the flag one as it is more obvious (that's not taking anything away from the lovely landscape though :) )

Like the composition of the flag in the blue sky surrounded by the cloud and the pole leading up from the corner . Great pic

Both are good shots, Bee, and I quite like the one of the Horseshoe Pass - looks a little mystical!

They do both work for me although I think i'd also have chosen the flag one as it is more obvious (that's not taking anything away from the lovely landscape though :) )
I did choose the flag shot :) I agree It seems to fit the theme better.

Like the composition of the flag in the blue sky surrounded by the cloud and the pole leading up from the corner . Great pic
Thanks Simon. I did do a few contortions to get it into the corner :)

Both are good shots, Bee, and I quite like the one of the Horseshoe Pass - looks a little mystical!
Thanks Simon. Sadly light rain ruined a few shots - I didn’t even notice it was raining but it was quite a magical place and more so for the low cloud I think.

The perspective and colours in the flag shot are really nice, but I love the mist on the hills in the Horseshoe Pass shot, and the light to dark fade in the greens from the bottom.

The perspective and colours in the flag shot are really nice, but I love the mist on the hills in the Horseshoe Pass shot, and the light to dark fade in the greens from the bottom.
Thanks Nick. Yes I think the mist added to the shot too. I can now see a few other people had the same idea with mountains :)

I just love that photo of Horseshoe pass. Lovely shot!

Nice shots Bebop but I'm thinking that I like the second shot the best...

Scape:
Love the composition and light.

Looking up:
The flag works well against the sky and it’s a nice, strong composition.
I do rather like drama in the pic of the Horseshoe Pass.

Nice shots Bebop but I'm thinking that I like the second shot the best...
Thanks Bill - me too... and I'm about to do the same this week ha ha!!

Scape:
Love the composition and light.

Looking up:
The flag works well against the sky and it’s a nice, strong composition.
I do rather like drama in the pic of the Horseshoe Pass.
Thanks Pete. It came out better than I expected as it was a grey day. As I walked away 3 more photographers started walking around it, so I think I was lucky to get it to myself. :)

Week 38: Electrical

In an action replay, I have one pic that fits the bill and another that I prefer. The corridor on the Stena Line ferry from Ireland had lots of lights, but I wasn't sure if it was electrical enough, so I choose my husbands toys which scream electrical.... probably with a bit of overdrive and compression :ROFLMAO:

Both taken on my iPhone but looking decidedly downgraded on here - compressed, you could say! Downsized with Capture One which isn't my normal software of choice, so perhaps I am doing something wrong. I am so late in the day, I will leave as is. I've tweaked the output sharpening a bit which did improve things a little. Happy for any advice from Capture One users....

Chosen shot....

20220929-IMG_8081-week38.jpg

and my preferred one...

20220929-IMG_8069-week38.jpg

Both nice pix. If pushed I'd chose the corridor.

Back