weekly Bebop's 52 for 2022 - Week 52: Showcase

I've never seen one on the bush! Nice!

Cracking images, your chosen shot is my preferred too. Lovely colours and very evocative of the theme.

Thanks Dave. I hope you’re feeling better now. I’ve managed covid and a cold virus myself in the last 6 weeks :rolleyes: I hope you’re fighting fit again.

Feeling pretty good, but sadly the rain is stopping me getting out with the camera to do the theme, will give it till Wednesday then just put an old shot in.

Great capture of the colours.
Shutter speed becoming more of an issue as we enter the winter months !

Catching up with my comments...:rolleyes:

Some great shots Bebop.
Rustic: Interesting to see how they bale the hay. We usually have them in rounds or smaller rectangular bales.
Precision: Good idea! I hadn't thought of that.
Vehicle: Love this shot.
Autumnal: This really captures the turning of the season well.

Well done with the pomegranites. The colours have come out very well and really capture a feeling of autumn. Both shots are equally pleasing.

You've chosen the best shot BB.
The bokeh is good with the right colours for autumn.

Both nice shots. Do pomegranates grow in UK or is it somewhere warmer?

Both nice shots. Do pomegranates grow in UK or is it somewhere warmer?
Thanks Nick. This was in Órgiva, Spain.

First one makes the stronger image for me. Love the shallow DOF and the colouring/grade on it.
Thanks Kell. I’ve slightly warmed the white balance to be more how I remember it. The light was fading fast, so I think this was f/2.8. I was certainly switching lenses fast to get the wide aperture :)

I've not often seen pomegranates in the wild! Some great detail and colour in there despite the breezy conditions.

Week 45: Snapper's Choice and tech- Leading Lines

An insurance shot taken on my phone as most of this week I have been travelling... and now I'm home to this rainy weather! We did have a bit of rain this day in Spain too.

I've had to take the quality down and down to get it small enough for here.

20221111-IMG_8405-week45.jpg

Good shot Bebop and definitely ticks the technique box.

Nice shot that fits the theme and tech Bee. Trust you enjoyed your travels.

I like the juxtaposition of the palm trees and white building against the threatening sky. The leading lines work nicely.

Week 46: Destruction

This fence panel was taken out by a branch from our tree whilst we were on holiday. I've tried and failed to get anything remotely arty, so I present you with a record shot, taken during the golden hour, for what it's worth :D.

20221118-OB181043_week46.jpg

Ouch definitely fits the bill of destruction, that's the last thing you need when you come back from holiday!

That sucks Bebop, not a great thing to come home to. I hope that nothing too significant was damaged.

Good use of leading lines.

Nice light on the tree:), fits the theme.

Pete
Thanks Pete. It was a bit of a heap that was hard to make interesting :)

Ouch definitely fits the bill of destruction, that's the last thing you need when you come back from holiday!
That sucks Bebop, not a great thing to come home to. I hope that nothing too significant was damaged.
Thank you both. Our neighbours sent us a text and thankfully there was no serious damage - just a few branches and fence panels down. One of our trees once blocked the road whilst we were away - that was tricky!! The perils of having old trees in your garden!! :)

Could have been worse - it missed the house (and people!)

That's bad luck, but hopefully your insurance will cover it. the image certainly ticks the theme off.

Could have been worse - it missed the house (and people!)
Very lucky no serious damage was done.

And also fortuitous that it fitted perfectly with this week's theme.
Yes thank goodness nothing serious. A tree surgeon is booked to trim some precarious looking branches. Our once luxurious macro carpa is beginning to look rather spindly.…. But a good subject for this weeks theme, yes :)

Spot on for the theme, even if annoying to have to repair.

Snappers Choice: Looks lovely, fits the bill and nice and dry to boot!
Destruction: Shame about the fence but I believe that's called "handed to you on a plate" ;)

Spot on for the theme, even if annoying to have to repair.
Thanks Simon. It may be a little while yet before repair :)

Good for the theme but not so good for your bank balance BB.
Thanks Peter - yes, not ideal. High winds again today but my OH is out on the waves enjoying them.

Snappers Choice: Looks lovely, fits the bill and nice and dry to boot!
Destruction: Shame about the fence but I believe that's called "handed to you on a plate" ;)
Thanks Helen. It is a very nice hotel - have stayed there a few times now :)

Week 47: Ornamental

A snapshot of an ornamental pattern on the wall. I'm not sure if a statue counts as an ornament too?

Taken at St. Pancras Old Church which I visited last week for the first time - fascinating to see that it is still a functioning church and yet also a venue for live music. A great way for churches to finance themselves.

20221125-OB250008_1-1_week47.jpg

Back