weekly Bebop's 52 for 2022 - Week 52: Showcase

Week 51: Christmassy

Composition not ideal - lights and card competing for attention. Vignette is from the homemade bokeh filter. Tried to stick with the 50mm lens although a wider angle might have made it easier.

Wishing my fellow 52ers a very Happy Christmas.

20221224-BCR_0317_week51.jpg

Last edited:
Nicely done - Merry Chrimbo :)

Competition between card and lights actually works well in many respects, I liked it because of that contrast

Catching up.

Construction: What a wonderful machine Bebop, I love when form and function comes together do well
Christmassy: Beautiful shot Bebop, I hope that you and yours have wonderful Christmas.

Competition between card and lights actually works well in many respects, I liked it because of that contrast
Than you kindly Alan. :)

Catching up.

Construction: What a wonderful machine Bebop, I love when form and function comes together do well
Christmassy: Beautiful shot Bebop, I hope that you and yours have wonderful Christmas.
Many thanks Bill. That’s very diligent, catching up on Christmas Eve. You can relax now and enjoy the day :)

Works for me Bee, and I wish I had the ideas to be more creative with my photography like this!

Nice on.. the bokeh is great. Hope you had a very merry festive season.

A card, robins, lights, Christmas tree- ticks all the boxes BB.
Creative blur as well.

Christmas has now passed so Happy New Year and thanks for all your kind comments on the 52 challenge.

That will do nicely Bebop and merry Christmas to you.

Pete
Works for me Bee, and I wish I had the ideas to be more creative with my photography like this!
Nice on.. the bokeh is great. Hope you had a very merry festive season.
A card, robins, lights, Christmas tree- ticks all the boxes BB.
Creative blur as well.

Christmas has now passed so Happy New Year and thanks for all your kind comments on the 52 challenge.
Many thanks all. Your comments much appreciated all year through :)

Well captured. Great shot in very special circumstances. Well done

I have a similar shot somewhere - an Eagle Owl flying down the throat of the lens BUT mine was a trained bird and the handler was stood behind me.

Stunning wild bird shot.

Wow Bee! What a shot that is!!!! :clap::clap:
Thanks Simon. Lucky! :D

I have a similar shot somewhere - an Eagle Owl flying down the throat of the lens BUT mine was a trained bird and the handler was stood behind me.

Stunning wild bird shot.
Thanks Nod. I have a similar one from the Hawk Conservancy too. They’re never easy. The next shot in the series will be going in to the league - with better separation from the teasel, but the wings aren’t so nice. I expect they’ll think it’s not wild - if you look closely there are some marks on its legs - I expect they’ll think I’ve cloned out the jessies.

IIRC, mine was from the Barn Owl Trust near Gloucester. We've been to the Hawk Conservancy near Thruxton but that was a flying day rather than photography.

Love the Barn Owl shot, that would be on my wall if I took it

Fantastic shot BB. Great timing and great colours.
As they say over the pond "that's a wall hanger"

Love the Barn Owl shot, that would be on my wall if I took it
Fantastic shot BB. Great timing and great colours.
As they say over the pond "that's a wall hanger"
Wow... what else can I say! Stunning shot.
Many thanks everyone, both for these positive comments and all the other visits you've made here through the year.

I think I will have a go at printing this at A3.

Wishing you all luck in the next 52 if you go for it. I'm still a little bit on the fence :whistle:

Back