Daily Bend The Light's 2013 365

Excellent start to your 365. One thing I don't like in the baby pic is the yellow centre of the flower :shrug: It really draws my eye, other wise I love the "candidity" of it ;)

Excellent start to your 365. One thing I don't like in the baby pic is the yellow centre of the flower :shrug: It really draws my eye, other wise I love the "candidity" of it ;)

I agree, however this was for a customer and those were the clothes. :)
If it were mine, I would probably have taken that down some. :)

The detail in that Monkey shot is awesome craig nice capture bud

Cheers! :)

Hmmm, a difficult day. I decided at first to take a few photos of my youngest at her Horse Riding, but they didn't work out. I took a photo of a flower that had just bloomed on the dining room table, but it looked rubbish. :(

So, here we are with a few minutes to go (well, 2 hours) and I decide on the selfie. With the tripod at the studio, and no good light anywhere, I go for the mirror selfie!

I like it, anyway. :)

4-1-2013 Me by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

Well, that would be why I didn't recognise your avatar! :D

Firstly, that little beast you took yesterday - I think you have personified evil! :LOL: Great looking little thing but I just don't trust him!

Good SP - interesting lighting and exposure - works well for me and a little of your 'dark' side!

For some reason this shot reminds me of the terminator ..don't know why and no offence meant :)

Well, that would be why I didn't recognise your avatar! :D

Firstly, that little beast you took yesterday - I think you have personified evil! :LOL: Great looking little thing but I just don't trust him!

Those monkeys are quite safe, although your camera gear is not. I once took a flip video camera to the wildlife park and one of these decided he wanted it...only just managed to keep hold of it!

Good SP - interesting lighting and exposure - works well for me and a little of your 'dark' side!

Yeah, I am Darth Fat Bloke. :coat:

The interesting lighting would be the long-life bulb in the light at the bottom of the stairs where the mirror is! :)

For some reason this shot reminds me of the terminator ..don't know why and no offence meant :)

None taken...The other thing it reminds me of is Borg. :)

I think that it works well the really hard contrast processing set it off for me it looks menacing, is that a camera or a sniper scope your looking through :LOL: :eek: :exit:

Thanks...and remember - I shoot with a CANON!

Sounds like we were both struggling for inspiration today. Glad it all turned out for the best though, that's a terrific selfy!

I like this - like the grittier feel to the mirror SP.

Thanks. :)

Sounds like we were both struggling for inspiration today. Glad it all turned out for the best though, that's a terrific selfy!

Not so much struggling for inspiration, just getting crap shots that weren't going to be good enough. But yes, it worked out well...absolutely no prep, pick up the camera, frame the shot, "pop", into the 'shop and done in 4 minutes flat!

:0

Chuff me! With one thing and another I didn't have an image for 5th...up until about 11pm!
Then I was again looking around for something. No planning...this is not good, really, but then I did say at the start that there'd be days like these, hence the lack of targets/themes etc.

anyway, onwards and upwards...my daughter's noise-making machine is the subject. it is pink, but I prefer mono. :)

5-1-2013 Guitar by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

Is this noise maker one for Annie or Ruby? I think that it works well (y) maybe you should see if once a week Ruby want's take a photo too (y)

This is Ruby's Noise-Maker. She wants to be a rock star. :)

She might want to take pictures for a 52 or something...I will ask her. Ince upon a time when I ran my own forum, she did an October Challenge...got part way through, but it was hard for her to keep up. Once a week might be ok...:)

This is Ruby's Noise-Maker. She wants to be a rock star. :)

She might want to take pictures for a 52 or something...I will ask her. Ince upon a time when I ran my own forum, she did an October Challenge...got part way through, but it was hard for her to keep up. Once a week might be ok...:)

Would be good to see some more of Ruby's work :D see did very well at the NMA meet

I'm liking that, I really need to improve my B&W conversion skills, What do you use?

Thank you :) As does it would appear the rest of the world - I fear an Investment is called for *sighs*

It is great. Starting with a preset, then lots of sliders to slide to get the desired effect. It's also good for doing different blend modes between layers, allowing some colour through from the original, something like this:

7797401606_af44be3f34.jpg
7797400936_cb09fe15ac.jpg

Last edited:
This is Day 6...:)

I had the fabulous Kathryn back to the studio - second time in a week. :)
This was i alst minute take from the shoot...

I decided to process it with Silver EFEX Pro and layer it with the colour, faded the colour layer. Like you say, Matt, you've seen me use this style before...I like it. :)

6-1-2013 Kathryn by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back