Daily Bend The Light's 2013 365

I get the feeling that you're not that pleased with day 8 but I actually quite like it (y) the hint's of the colours coming through works well, I do think that it would be vastly improved with a different crop thought, I'm thinking that it would be improved by cropping quite a bit from left and maybe a little from the bottom (y)

Day 9 is a cracker, a really family moment, though I'm sure Annie will go nut's over it in about 10 or so years time ;)

7 and 9 are excellent. Loving how you went all out with the processing on your selfie! It's scary what you can do with the right tools. Not saying there was anything wrong with the original *ahem*... I'm sure you're beautiful! :p

And we all have those "day 8" days, I'm expecting plenty of those myself!

The look of attention on the bath foam is great! Lovely to capture moments like that.

I get the feeling that you're not that pleased with day 8 but I actually quite like it (y) the hint's of the colours coming through works well, I do think that it would be vastly improved with a different crop thought, I'm thinking that it would be improved by cropping quite a bit from left and maybe a little from the bottom (y)

Day 9 is a cracker, a really family moment, though I'm sure Annie will go nut's over it in about 10 or so years time ;)

Yes, it's definitely one I want to explore more...but I wasn't happy with it as it is. :(

7 and 9 are excellent. Loving how you went all out with the processing on your selfie! It's scary what you can do with the right tools. Not saying there was anything wrong with the original *ahem*... I'm sure you're beautiful! :p

And we all have those "day 8" days, I'm expecting plenty of those myself!

Thanks. No, the original "me" is considerable more, erm,...lived in, shall we say?

The look of attention on the bath foam is great! Lovely to capture moments like that.

Thank you. Wished I had been there on the first squirt of the stuff...apparently her face was really funny. :)

And here we are in double figures!!

So I asked Ruby, my eldest (7) to stand still for a second - in the house, high ISO, slow shutter, daughter who won't stand still.

I got what I wanted, really, in an image to just "play about" with. So been messing with various layers/plug ins/stuff to get this. It might not be the best I've taken, but it was a good half hour of playing about. :)

9-1-2013 Ruby by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

Marmite :D

Not at all keen on the processing. Looks a bit like newsprint

Love her expression - she looks so happy. Would maybe like to see a bit more light into the eyes but her personality sparkles plenty in this shot.

Marmite :D

Not at all keen on the processing. Looks a bit like newsprint

Yes, I'm not really happy. But enjoyed the messing int'shop anyway. :)

Love her expression - she looks so happy. Would maybe like to see a bit more light into the eyes but her personality sparkles plenty in this shot.

Thanks. She was...Light wasn't anywhere really. There's more light in them now that there was in the actual shot. :)

Playing is half the fun and for all the ones that aren't quite there, you get a cracking shot. This is a fun capture with a good attempt at processing.

I noticed the eyes are quite dark and you could use a reflector or something like tin foil if you dont have one, to bounce some light in and lift the shadows, hope that doesn't sound rude/telling you stuff you already know! Have a look at Annabel Williams website for some really useful tips!

Craig , not perfect but fun and that is what I love about photography!

Indeed. :)

Playing is half the fun and for all the ones that aren't quite there, you get a cracking shot. This is a fun capture with a good attempt at processing.

I noticed the eyes are quite dark and you could use a reflector or something like tin foil if you dont have one, to bounce some light in and lift the shadows, hope that doesn't sound rude/telling you stuff you already know! Have a look at Annabel Williams website for some really useful tips!

Not rude, but this was just a snapshot - cathc her before going to Brownies. No reflector to hand (or even a makeshift one). Actually more of a snapshot at high ISO "Just to see what happens". :)

But yes, I do some studio work and getting the light in the right place is something I work on, am not perfect at, but getting there. :)

That's brilliant and I love the song too (y) I think there is only one issue with today's photo's it's going to cost you a fortune ;) as I can see that this is going to have to be on your wall and grandparents etc :bang: big print run coming ;)

That's brilliant and I love the song too (y) I think there is only one issue with today's photo's it's going to cost you a fortune ;) as I can see that this is going to have to be on your wall and grandparents etc :bang: big print run coming ;)

Great Triptych! That's what I'd call a wallhanger!

Thanks guys...I'm afraid if they want it, they'll have to pay for it! :)

Yesterday's really made me smile, love your daughter's expressions. Very nice work.
Today's is somewhat more unusual but we could all do with our own dino dog in the garden I suppose!

Yesterday's really made me smile, love your daughter's expressions. Very nice work.
Today's is somewhat more unusual but we could all do with our own dino dog in the garden I suppose!

Thank you...Can't beat a DinoDog. :)

Oooh, loving the Dino Dog, saw some statues like this the other day and loved them.

Now need a welder :D

Ok, so it's now the 13th. And I had a shot in mind but it needs to be kept really quiet. If my wife gets wind of this I am in bother! BIG bother!

So, I ask the wife for a photo. she hates having her photo taken. But she agrees, under the tungsten bedroom light, cradling our youngest. She sorta smiled, but not much. Ah well.

Anyway, then I get to PP...Portrait Professional - and give her the works. You see? That's why she can never know...imagine the scene when she finds out I had to do a host of smoothing and wrinkle removal and so on to put the picture up here? I'd be diced stewmeat in a second, I can tell you!

So here it is...and remember: "SHHHHHHHH!"

13-1-2013 My Wife by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

Hey, Mister, just because you HAD to do that to yourself to try and look young and gorgeous doesn't mean you HAD to do it to your beautiful wife.....and I'm telling on you!! :razz::razz::razz:

:LOL:

She doesn't look very happy with you :thinking:

Hey, Mister, just because you HAD to do that to yourself to try and look young and gorgeous doesn't mean you HAD to do it to your beautiful wife.....and I'm telling on you!! :razz::razz::razz:

:agree:

:razz::razz::razz: from me too!

:LOL::LOL:

:agree:

:razz::razz::razz: from me too!

:LOL::LOL:

Awwww...my wife is fabulous. She (and my daughters) are everything. She was beautiful to start with, honest guv! I did nothing wrong! NOTHING WRONG, I TELL YOU!!!!

:eek:

Awwww...my wife is fabulous. She (and my daughters) are everything. She was beautiful to start with, honest guv! I did nothing wrong! NOTHING WRONG, I TELL YOU!!!!

:eek:

Apart from iron out all the memories and the things that make her HER!! If she is everything, she comes with everything and if you are proud of her, that would be all that counts!

Unless you KNOW that every one of her hard earned wrinkles has a little bend of the light behind it? :thinking:

;);):D

Sorry, but the PP is just too obvious for me :(

That's ok. It wasn't intended to be invisible, or even subtle really. Just playing. It's what I do. :)

Apart from iron out all the memories and the things that make her HER!! If she is everything, she comes with everything and if you are proud of her, that would be all that counts!

Unless you KNOW that every one of her hard earned wrinkles has a little bend of the light behind it? :thinking:

;);):D

Ha ha...no, I know. Wouldn't change her for the world. Seriously.
Anyway, she's seen it now. I'm still alive. Mind you, I am also in a completely different room 9on the settee). I may have to get used to that! :)

Catching up here, loving Day 11 shot, a great triptych (y) liking Day 12 too :), but I'll be honest, not a big fan of all the pp-ing for Day 13 shot, sorry fella :(

Back