weekly Ben's Photo 52 - Week 5 Secure Added

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everyone, got my first camera in August last year and have been happily snapping away since but thought I'd give the 52 a go this year as I thoroughly enjoyed reading through the threads of the people who did it last year.

Week 1 - Direction - Edited Direction
Week 2 - Fear
Week 3 - Sigh
Week 4 - Sweet
Week 5 - Secure
Week 6 -
Week 7 -
Week 8 -
Week 9 -
Week 10 -
Week 11 -
Week 12 -
Week 13 -
Week 14 -
Week 15 -
Week 16 -
Week 17 -
Week 18 -
Week 19 -
Week 20 -
Week 21 -
Week 22 -
Week 23 -
Week 24 -
Week 25 -
Week 26 -
Week 27 -
Week 28 -
Week 29 -
Week 30 -
Week 31 -
Week 32 -
Week 33 -
Week 34 -
Week 35 -
Week 36 -
Week 37 -
Week 38 -
Week 39 -
Week 40 -
Week 41 -
Week 42 -
Week 43 -
Week 44 -
Week 45 -
Week 46 -
Week 47 -
Week 48 -
Week 49 -
Week 50 -
Week 51 -
Week 52 -

I will update this post when I upload each week :)

Last edited:
A good take on the theme Ben. I like your use of a shallow DoF. Did you brighten the white of the arrow as well because I think that helps it stand out?

A good take on the theme Ben. I like your use of a shallow DoF. Did you brighten the white of the arrow as well because I think that helps it stand out?

Thank you for your comments, I just adjusted the brightness of the whole image but brightening the arrow could of been successful too.

Very shallow DOF, good take on theme. Good luck with your 52.

Thanks Joe, how are you finding yours?

I like it, as said good use of dof, only niggle is the bright spot lower right.
Good luck with the rest of your challenge.

As already said, nice DoF. I've been looking at similar shots because the weather has been so poor!

I like it, as said good use of dof, only niggle is the bright spot lower right.
Good luck with the rest of your challenge.

Thanks for the comment, yeah thats actually part of my trackpad. Should of edited it out or cropped it a little more!

As already said, nice DoF. I've been looking at similar shots because the weather has been so poor!

Yeah this was very much an evade the weather and stay indoors shot :LOL:

Great picture,

The only thing I would have done slightly different would be to focus on the up/down arrows. It would then have made the other direction arrows slightly out of focus but still visible.

Chris

Good start to your 52, and good use of DOF. As others have mentioned, just the bright light on the right takes your eye away from the arrow.

Thank you all for the time to comment I really appreciate the advice, this is my first 52 so should I upload an edited version or leave it as it is?

Feel free to upload an edited version if you wish, or you could revisit the idea when a re-shoot comes out of the bag one week, entirely your shout :)

Thanks for the comments, yeah it was lit from the right with a Jessops 360AFD. Yeah I agree with that, somebody else said get the focus on the up and down arrows instead. Might set it up again and try it later.

Hi Ben...great start to your project....edited version works better for me...lovely use of DOF :clap:

ps...Don't forget to update the spreadsheet...link in 1st post where the themes are listed....makes life so much easier for seeing who's done what...I've updated wk 1 for you (y)

Hi Ben...great start to your project....edited version works better for me...lovely use of DOF :clap:

ps...Don't forget to update the spreadsheet...link in 1st post where the themes are listed....makes life so much easier for seeing who's done what...I've updated wk 1 for you (y)

Thank you for the kind comments, I didn't realise there was a spreadsheet. I've just found it thanks for sorting week 1 out for me I really appreciate it :)

Hi Ben, edited version for me as well. (y)

Thanks Michael, I'm really looking forward to week 2!

Hi Ben, agree with the the DOF comments and I personally prefer the 2nd version also.

Don't forget if your on flickr to join the 52 2012 group, link in my signature :)

Hi Ben, agree with the the DOF comments and I personally prefer the 2nd version also.

Don't forget if your on flickr to join the 52 2012 group, link in my signature :)

Thank you, can always rely on the 50mm for some nice DoF :D I think I joined the Flickr group a few days ago and added the edited version in :)

I like it.

Certainly the expression of the eye says fear added to the red and makes a great shot on theme.

Nice and sharp too, is it your own eye?

Thanks Dan, I wasn't sure on the red but then I really liked it. I didn't know if it was more anger than fear but I'm not sure yet! Yes it was my eye taken by myself last night before bed, very tricky indeed!

Great start to your 52 im liking the eye

Thanks Daryl, I was unsure on whether people would find it fitting to the theme but I quite like it too :)

Works for me, like the selective colour also.

Back