weekly Ben's Photo 52 - Week 5 Secure Added

It's like one of those pop-up messages designed to freak it you out as you click through. Good colour selection but I would say you could go even stronger on the contrast to make the blood vessels in the outer parts of the eye even more freaky.

Thanks for the comments everyone, I wasn't expecting this idea to go down well but I'm pleasantly surprised with your reactions. I'll give the image another edit and boost up the contrast :)

Says fear to me as well, and a very nice and sharp image.

Wondering if it would look better if the eye ball was looking up just a touch so you can see the whole thing and a little neater with the selective colour as some of the edges aren't quite there.

Just read again and think this is your quick idea?

Good work and different from what's already been posted, well done :)

Good use of selective colour for this theme.

Thanks Peter. Already itching to have a go at the next image, also I should of took a picture of myself last night after dropping my 50mm 1.8 on concrete, I thought I'd broke it!

Direction, it's clear and fits the theme... good use of DOF and I think the edit is better

Fear, sure looks afraid to me, good and sharp eye, and the red adds to it.

Your photo for 'fear' is just terrifying. A less saturated red would have been better for me, as this makes me think that the subject may be evil, but i'm just nitpicking really. Good take on the theme.

Thanks for the comment Daniel, I agree about the red. I wasn't sure when I first uploaded it but the more I look at it the more I like it.

Really like the fear shot. Did you try color on the blood vessels?

Cheers Tony, I didn't but I might give that a go now (y)

Brilliant use of selective colouring. Nice sharp shot, worked well. Good take on the theme (y)

Thank you Simon, appreciate your kind comments :)

Direction, it's clear and fits the theme... good use of DOF and I think the edit is better

Fear, sure looks afraid to me, good and sharp eye, and the red adds to it.

Thanks for stopping in and commenting John, I appreciate your feedback :)

Hi Ben,

Great start to your 52, keyboard right on theme, but you excelled yourself with week 2.
Great idea, well photographed and kinda freaks me out everytime I look at it !

Carol

Really sorry about only just getting this one sorted, I've been on work placement all week and not been getting home till late. But here is my attempt at sigh, I fee it is more fed up than sigh but she certainly was sighing while I was taking the image

3/52 - Sigh by bensambrook, on Flickr

Nice one Ben.. the processing works well.. I think... I'd probably agree with you... she does look a bit fed up... but that can induce a sigh.

Nice one Ben.. the processing works well.. I think... I'd probably agree with you... she does look a bit fed up... but that can induce a sigh.

Thanks John, I agree with you on that one. She certainly let out a huge sigh when I asked her to model for me anyway :p

A great shot! Not an easy thing I capture in an expression but I think you've done well. (y)

Thanks Phil, glad you like it :)

Now that IS a sigh, and beautifully captured too; it looks candid, so you/she did very well if it's staged, and well spotted if not!

I'd not expect a shot without eyes to work -

I don't know why you'd think that; it worked OK for the 70's tennis player and her bum! ;)

Now that IS a sigh, and beautifully captured too; it looks candid, so you/she did very well if it's staged, and well spotted if not!

Thanks Mark, it was a staged shot yes. These were my exact words 'sigh for me' and she pulled this awesome pose so I had to capture it :)

I'd not expect a shot without eyes to work - but here it's spot on. Great stuff!

Thanks Joe, appreciate your comments :)

Hi Ben

great capture for SIGH...love the mono ...conveys the theme really well ...some emotions are sooo hard to capture in an image but you've done really well.....keep up the good work mister :clap:

Hi Ben

great capture for SIGH...love the mono ...conveys the theme really well ...some emotions are sooo hard to capture in an image but you've done really well.....keep up the good work mister :clap:

Thanks Lynne, all these positive comments keep me going :D

Ben, yet another cracking shot from you fella (y)

Looking forward to seeing more of your 52:D

:D Thanks Simon, just taken week 4 as Saturday morning seems to be my only bit of free time lately!

So here we have week 4, again I appologise at it coming in on a Saturday morning but that's the only free time I'm getting recently :( Anyway enough excuses, here it is. Nothing special, just I like the colours and the sugar crystals really give off the theme of sweet. All in my opinion of course :)

Week 4/52 - Sweet by bensambrook, on Flickr

ChickenDipa said:
I like it, nice coloured sweets. Bit different from the normal vibrant jellies.

Nice DOF too

Thanks Alex, can always rely upon the 50mm to give a nice DoF :D I should have more time this week, so I can get Secure done early.

Like Phil think everything's been said, really like sigh and the mono conversion suits it well. Like the colour and dof on sweet, lighting and sugar crystals are really nice :)

Great shot Ben. Can't say anything more than has already been said (y)

Like Phil think everything's been said, really like sigh and the mono conversion suits it well. Like the colour and dof on sweet, lighting and sugar crystals are really nice :)

Thanks guys, just had a quick go at Secure but not really sure I like it. I've tried to show the friendship and security two people can give each other.

5/52 - Secure by bensambrook, on Flickr

Secure works well, nice interpretation of the theme.

Back