weekly Ben's Photo 52 - Week 5 Secure Added

So here we have week 4, again I appologise at it coming in on a Saturday morning but that's the only free time I'm getting recently :( Anyway enough excuses, here it is. Nothing special, just I like the colours and the sugar crystals really give off the theme of sweet. All in my opinion of course :)

Week 4/52 - Sweet by bensambrook, on Flickr

Good shot, think you've used on camera flash there which can usually be harsh but seems to have worked ok there bringing out some of the sparkle of the sugar (y)

Thanks guys, just had a quick go at Secure but not really sure I like it. I've tried to show the friendship and security two people can give each other.

5/52 - Secure by bensambrook, on Flickr

I like this and seems to be a common theme too on this one, evokes a very reassurance type feel too.

Sigh - A B&W approach works well for this theme

Sweet - Good use of DoF

Secure - Nice idea and fits the theme well.

Thanks Peter, I find myself adding the B+W approach a little too often I think :LOL:

Secure - I like the lighting on here and your use of depth of field. A good idea and yes it def does show secure!:)

Well done!

Thanks Sarah I appreciate your comments, I love using DoF with the 50mm :D

I like the idea and the black and white suits it very well. The sleeve is a little bit of a distraction and also I think this would work better if you had the hands resting on a flat surface. The lighting is really good.

Thanks Michael, I agree with the sleeve and the flat surface, I might reshoot this one at a later stage but thanks for your comments.

Secure works well, nice interpretation of the theme.

Thanks for taking the time to comment Gramps, glad its working for everyone as Secure.

Yeah I like that Ben, nice lighting, and I like the squeezed look - Nice shot (y)

Thank you, I wanted to get the squeezed look in there to really show the secure grip she had on my hand. Glad you like it :)

Good shot, think you've used on camera flash there which can usually be harsh but seems to have worked ok there bringing out some of the sparkle of the sugar (y)

I like this and seems to be a common theme too on this one, evokes a very reassurance type feel too.

Glad you like them both Paul and thank you for spending the time to comment :)

I love the secure pic. An excellent take on a difficult theme.

St-ephen said:
I love the secure pic. An excellent take on a difficult theme.

Thanks for your kind comments Stephen, I can't wait to get stuck in with this weeks theme :D

Hi Ben

Sweet....great shot...lovely DOF,sparkle from the sugar & right on theme...(y) only slight niggle is the front most jelly slightly oof

Secure....another simple & effective shot , great mono , & again on theme :clap: lose the sleeve though

Cheers,Lynne

Hi Ben, many apologies for not getting to your thread before, it looks like you've made a great start to your 52, stand out for me so far, is your fear shot i like it alot, its simple and well shot

Hi Ben,

A good start to your 52 so far, I think your secure shot works really well but as has already been mentioned the sleeve could go.
You have used DoF to great effect in Sweet and for me your Sigh shot is bang on. :)

Back