Best shows on Prime/Netflix?

Just started watching The Man in the Really High Up Castle and enjoying it a lot after five episodes. And the second season comes on on Friday too.

been watching Continuum for a couple of weeks (up to ep6 s2 now) & that's pretty good :)

sense8 Season 2 (Christmas Special) is on Netflix as of early hours this morning.

Some help please :D

I've been given a Netflix subscription for my birthday, do I need to set up a VPN for the US content to access most of the photography documentaries? - I keep coming across lists of documentaries on Eggleston, Maier, Crewdson, et al that say they're available on Netflix but Search is drawing a blank.

Just started watching Beyond. not bad so far (3 episodes in)

Some help please :D

I've been given a Netflix subscription for my birthday, do I need to set up a VPN for the US content to access most of the photography documentaries? - I keep coming across lists of documentaries on Eggleston, Maier, Crewdson, et al that say they're available on Netflix but Search is drawing a blank.
I don't know about Netlix, but a smartDNS service is a popular and easy way to get round such restrictions.

My husband and I have just started watching "Designated Survivor" on Netflix. Only up to episode three so far, but we are really enjoying it.
I've just binge-watched to the end of season 1A, looking forward to the next half of the season. Plenty of cliffhangers in the last episode of the half-season.

I've just binge-watched to the end of season 1A, looking forward to the next half of the season. Plenty of cliffhangers in the last episode of the half-season.
1A or OA?

Ohh and Van Helsing starts slow but does get better with twists and turns. 13 episodes in season 1, no idea if it's getting a second.

Season 1A of Designated Survivor, at least that's how I've seen it referenced.. only the first half of the first season has been aired. Hopefully the second half will be aired on ABC in March and I hope Netflix will pick it up quickly.

Season 1A of Designated Survivor, at least that's how I've seen it referenced.. only the first half of the first season has been aired. Hopefully the second half will be aired on ABC in March and I hope Netflix will pick it up quickly.

That would have made an excellent mini series or film but not a long series. It's just too formulaic and uninspired to keep running for multiple seasons (imo).

That would have made an excellent mini series or film but not a long series. It's just too formulaic and uninspired to keep running for multiple seasons (imo).
The first season is supposed to be 22-part, I can just about see it making it that far without completely losing it..my worry is that it's going to turn into an X-files sized conspiracy and a second season might be too much.

Really liked Breaking Bad. Homeland is good but thought it got worse after the first 2-3 series. Recently been watching 'Dexter', another one that just makes me want to keep watching the next episode straight away.

Power is amazing

Stranger things is amazing

Sherlock

Narcos

Orange is the new black

The list goes on.

Just finished The Expanse. Enjoyed it but (to me anyway it seemed) it finished without answering the questions/completing the plot. Hate series like that.

Really liked Breaking Bad. Homeland is good but thought it got worse after the first 2-3 series. Recently been watching 'Dexter', another one that just makes me want to keep watching the next episode straight away.

Season 2 of Dexter is EPIC :banana:

Second half of the first season has now started, took me a while to pick up some of the subtleties and convolutions of the plot after a break from watching the first half.

Season 2 of The Expanse is due on NetFlix in April/May apparently.

sense8 Season 2 (Christmas Special) is on Netflix as of early hours this morning.

I've only just got round to watching this, loved it. Thought the first season was intriguing, can't wait for the 2nd

Did you get round to watching it? Just binge-watched it and thought it was excellent.

I enjoyed preacher, bit strange but watchable.

I'm still churning my way through breaking bad, I'm on the last season. The episodes are difficult to get through to be honest, very tense.

For those with Prime, Life in Pieces is a good laugh

Van helsing on netflix is fairly lame but I shall see it through to the end now

I've just finished watching series 1 of Sneaky Pete on Prime. Enjoyed it the whole way through and it kept me interested.

There are a lot of rubbish films on Prime but some good ones too if you hunt through. Legend, Nightcrawler, Lawless are a few that I noticed the other day. Some classics on there like Apocalypse Now. For what little it costs it's not too bad.

Don't know if it's on anything other than NowTV, but if you enjoyed Preacher, then Legion is probably up your street as well.

Santa Clarita Diet, I'll give that a whiz this evening ;)

Designated Survivor, episode 12.. didn't see that one coming..

Back