Best shows on Prime/Netflix?

I watched it dubbed at first then switched to subtitles. I'm still undecided as it's always better to hear the original actors' voices but I do find subtitles rather distracting.
Yeah same here, I'll try dubbed first and see how it goes, cheers

Just watched the first two episodes of Clickbait and enjoying it.

Just finished The Defeated on Netflix
Set in Berlin just after the war ended, US detective assisting the local polizei.
Very atmospheric and enjoyable, think there will be a second series.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but a new (half) series of "Money Heist" is now on Netflix. Don't watch TV but enjoyed this so far

I watched it dubbed at first then switched to subtitles. I'm still undecided as it's always better to hear the original actors' voices but I do find subtitles rather distracting.

Finished this series, went on a bit of a binge the second night, went from e4 to finish. I found it enjoyable, just on the right side of quirky/cringe [one or two characters in particular I found irritating but in general good cast] - Apparently there will be a season 2. I'm glad I finished it before all the hype [at least I'd not heard of it till you mentioned it] - there's rumbles about it being a bit of a rip off of another Asian series from 2014, but Squid Games was in the works since 2008 according to the director.

Finished this series, went on a bit of a binge the second night, went from e4 to finish. I found it enjoyable, just on the right side of quirky/cringe [one or two characters in particular I found irritating but in general good cast] - Apparently there will be a season 2. I'm glad I finished it before all the hype [at least I'd not heard of it till you mentioned it] - there's rumbles about it being a bit of a rip off of another Asian series from 2014, but Squid Games was in the works since 2008 according to the director.
Yeah, I read something about that.

I've just finished Ep5 so 4 to go.

We've started "Sneaky Pete" on Amazon and are sort of liking it. It's about a con man who is released from prison and sets about his quest to con and steal and along the way rescue is brother from gangsters.

I say sort of liking it as it always bothers me a bit when the main characters are crooks and really awful terrible people. But, if it's possible to hold ones nose and hope that the baddies are eventually brought to justice it might be worth a look.

I saw an ad for "Foundation" and having read the books I thought I'd like to see it but Googling tells me it's on Apple. I might sign up to see it and then cancel, if the reviews are ok and if they don't deviate too far from the plot.

As if there could be an elite seeking to control our thoughts :LOL:

I saw an ad for "Foundation" and having read the books I thought I'd like to see it but Googling tells me it's on Apple. I might sign up to see it and then cancel, if the reviews are ok and if they don't deviate too far from the plot.

As if there could be an elite seeking to control our thoughts :LOL:

I'm told it's very good, waiting to see it on Amazon myself.

I'm told it's very good, waiting to see it on Amazon myself.

It's coming to Amazon?

I thought it was Apple only?

I remember not being too happy with the end of the books. It'll be interesting to see if they keep to the story.

It's coming to Amazon?

I thought it was Apple only?

I remember not being too happy with the end of the books. It'll be interesting to see if they keep to the story.

Just hoping..eventually.

Just started watching The Night Manager.

Blimey. It's good.

Olivia Coleman is as good an actor as I've ever seen, and I include Daniel Day Lewis, in that assessment.

Just started watching The Night Manager.

Blimey. It's good.

Olivia Coleman is as good an actor as I've ever seen, and I include Daniel Day Lewis, in that assessment.
Yup. We all liked that and watched it twice.

I've mostly been watching the X files on Disney+. Never seen many of them before. Also been watching Scandal which is another Shonda Rhimes.

Re-watching Endeavour and Grantchester on Britbox.

I've mostly been watching the X files on Disney+. Never seen many of them before. Also been watching Scandal which is another Shonda Rhimes.

Re-watching Endeavour and Grantchester on Britbox.

I liked the ones which weren't about aliens the best. I think they went too far with the alien storylines.

Also liked the X Files spin off The Lone Gunmen, it's worth checking out if you can find it. I wish they'd made more.

I bought my mam a new TV from Currys and I've just received an email telling me I can get Apple TV free for 3 months. So, I might be able to see the first few episodes of Foundation free.

Mare of Easttown on Now TV is excellent, haven't enjoyed a series this much for ages

The Guilty on Netflix is a tense cop thriller with a good twist - well worth 90-odd minutes of your time.

Is that the first series? We watched that on Sky/Netflix/Prime (can't remember which) and enjoyed it too.

There is only one series so far.
You probably saw it on Sky, their shows are often on Now too.

The Danish original is much better
It most certainly is. (y)

There's been some great stuff coming out of Denmark and Sweden over the last few years - far better than the crap America seems to be turning out. The French aren't far behind them either . . .

We're enjoying Future Man, a 1/2 hour sci-fi comedy series but it is quite rude in places.

just started "how to get away with murder"..so far so good, my birds a bit worried because im taking notes as the series progresses

Britbox has added the rest of Bergerac I think. 9 series now instead of just two.

Binged the first season of 'Into the night' on NF, pretty easy one to get through with only 6 eps at 35mins a pop. French mainly, with various other languages, sub titles of course - you can watch it dubbed but I'd suggest going native on this one. The idea here is simple enough, bunch of strangers from various nationalities on a night flight to Moscow discover that sunlight is killing people around the globe, they must stay in the night to survive. It's decent enough, some oddball characters, some nut jobs, all from differing backgrounds ... will prob get through S2 over the weekend

I might also give 'Bad sports' a go, think it's just a 5 ep docu, heard it was worth the watch

just started "how to get away with murder"..so far so good, my birds a bit worried because im taking notes as the series progresses

You should see my TV viewing list, Sky Crime will be top with shows like - Killer in my village, Britain/US most evil killers, How I caught the killer etc ... lol, I'm for whatever reason fascinated by them. My missus might be worried only she watched them just as much

Squid Games on Netflix was good as was the final series of Lucifer.

Not sure what to watch next.

as was the final series of Lucifer.
I enjoyed the whole series, even if it was a bit daft in places.
I've recently finished "Sweet Tooth" S1 waithing for S2
Again a bit daft in places and does take awhile to get going.

I'm going to try 'Schumacher' tonight, if I can wrestle my sofa in the bay from my daughter.

Binged the last 3 episodes of Squid Game last night, looking likely there'll be a season 2.

It's already been announced (y) They could have left it to our imagination based on the end of S1, maybe they wanted to gauge the popularity - which has soared, and easily worth investing into

We've just watched a couple of episodes of "Foundation" on Apple. It seems to be well made and is holding peoples interest so far :D but there seem to be considerable deviations from the original books which I think is a shame, and an all too predictable one. Why can't they leave stories alone...

Watched Greg Davies’ “Magnificent Beast” tour show on Netflix last night. Definitely not for the mild mannered types as it’s full of swearies and sexual references, but it’s absolutely hilarious

Back