Daily Big Soft Mooses 1000 challenge

day 37 : backlit leaves

day_37.jpg

Day 38 : dinner time
fry.jpg

day 39 : anyone for some hot pork :naughty:

day_39.jpg

Day 40 : if only that was all it cost...

day_40.jpg

day 41: feeling a little sheepish

day_41.jpg

Day 42 : Hop It

a little story to this one - I just found this little dude hopping accross my lounge floor, and captured him in a glass before the dog could get him - by way of scale he's about the size of my thumbnail. Ive no idea where he came from or how or why he came in, but ive relocated him to our flower bed

day_42.jpg

the weathers okay , but i'm so overloaded with work its not funny

like the Cross Canadian Ragweed song says 'i'd have a breakdown but i can't find the time' so no real opportunities to get out and take pictures for a while

the weathers okay , but i'm so overloaded with work its not funny

like the Cross Canadian Ragweed song says 'i'd have a breakdown but i can't find the time' so no real opportunities to get out and take pictures for a while

That is not good mate, not good at all, I have a feeling it's going to get busy for me soon :(

day 43: high key

day_43.jpg

I rather foolishly let a backlog of these build up - but ive finally found time to clear it - you'll notice a theme to some of these, as since good weather has finally arrived ive been playing in the garden

day 44 : campanula

day_44.jpg

Day 45 : alium explosion

day_45.jpg

Day 46 : Clematis seed head

day_46.jpg

Day 47 : Alien Being

day_47.jpg

Day 48: A rose by any other name

day_48.jpg

Enough flowers for a little while

Day 49 : Kim

day_49.jpg

Day 50 : wind chime abstract

day_50.jpg

Day 51 : Horseshoe rust

day_51.jpg

Day 52 (today) : Get Knotted

day_52.jpg

day 53 : back lit leaves (again)

day_53.jpg

Some really nice photo's since I last visited Pete, all I can say is don't let it build up, you need to try and post every day as it's so easy to drown in the backlog :eek:

Loving the high contrast string (y)

Matt

I've made a slight cock of the order as this one is actually todays pic - but yesterdays was a raw and i havent got round to converting it , so i'll post this one as day 54 - and post yesterdays and tommorows, tommorow as 55 and 56 (clear as mud i know)

anyway

day 54: Snackeroonie

day_54.jpg

cheers vince

I've made something of a cock of the order as i nhave a number of unprocessed shots now (numpty :bonk: ) so anyway this here is todays but i'll put it in sequentially and catch the rest up this evening or tommorow with a bit of luck

day 55 : life through a lens

lens_back.jpg

I took this for a for sale thread , but i rather like it so i thought i'd make it my POTD

Last edited:
To be honest mate i'm a little behind in photography - total carnage at work as we try to rephase the budget to close various performance holes so i just havent had the time or the energy

I'm going to resume from this weekend (plus i have four shots from last week not processed yet)

Last edited:
cheers vince - I've sort of stalled , totally overworked and stressed at the moment and subsequently lack the energy or motivation to do anything much outside of work apart from eat and sleep

part of the problem was that the 1000 challenge was becoming a chore rather than fun , and rather than driving my photography to new heights the pressure to do one every day in often very limited time was leading to quickly taken mediocre shots of any old crap , which is counter productive to what i wanted to achieve when i started this

Accordingly I will be back once ive put a couple of work projects put to bed , but i'll be changing the rules of the challenge , to be 1000 top line shots within 3 years of the start date (ie the same time frame as before), but not necessarily taken one per day

Last edited:
cheers vince - I've sort of stalled , totally overworked and stressed at the moment and subsequently lack the energy or motivation to do anything much outside of work apart from eat and sleep

part of the problem was that the 1000 challenge was becoming a chore rather than fun , and rather than driving my photography to new heights the pressure to do one every day in often very limited time was leading to quickly taken mediocre shots of any old crap , which is counter productive to what i wanted.

Accordingly I will be back once ive put a couple of work projects put to bed , but i'll be changing the rules of the challenge , to be 1000 top line shots within 3 years of the start date (ie the same time frame as before), but not necessarily taken one per day

Look forward to you re-commencement (y)(y)

aaand i'm back - playing by the new rules as above

shot 56: Exe estuary at low tide

day_whatever.jpg

this was my insurance shot from TP day - but as it wasnt needed for that i thought i'd use it as a relaunch shot for the moose extravaganza. I'm not entirely happy with the sky -imo i needed a ND grad filter - but i don't have an adaptor ring for the lens this was taken with.

Last edited:
Shot 57 : Branscombe beach towards sunset

day_whatever_2.jpg

slightly random - in the spirit of the upcoming disposable camera challenge , i set myself a challenge to see what i could get with my phone (Blackberry disorganiser) , and this was the result - given that its shot straght into the sun i think its done pretty well for a phone.

It not bad actually, and if the forground were lifted a tiny bit in PP the actually I think would be really good :D

:plus1:

People are so hung up on gear. Lovely shot, works really well. I might almost prefer it without the dog in find it a little distracting but I love the light!

Day 15 in a spin...

two shots today because i couldnt decide which i liked better (thoughts on that welcome) - both abstracts of the inside of my washing machine (ive left the WB inspired blue cast on deliberately because i think it adds to the shot) - from which you can understand that yes, its still heaving it down

day_15_a.jpg

day_15b.jpg

Super idea!

It's a pain when there's "nothing" to photograph, but it brings out the creativity at times too. :)

Back