weekly Bilko's 52 for 2012 - Week 48 Shadow Added

This works well with your description as it look like your son is holding your hand and not you his, looks a tad over exposed to me too. (y)

Robert, can't believe i haven't been back since commenting on your fear shot!!! apologies

Sigh - caught really well, its difficult ro focus on something like that and i think you've got it bang on.

Sweet - again bank on theme and well exposed

Secure - really nicely composed it does envoke security, but it also looks a tad bright on my screen as well

'Secure' I like your interpretation again this week Robert, very nice skin tones and bang-on theme !

Looks a little cool for me, like the idea though.

I'm not sure that you're too close there though, I only want to see the lips and sugar not every follicle ;)

Me too.

I really like the linked hands. The adjusted one is definitely better and the square crop adds to it. Very nice.

First up, apologies for not seeing your thread sooner Robert.
Great work so far in this 52 (y)
Direction, a great sense of movement in this, the arrow is a good touch which adds to the overall composition.
Fear, a powerful image which suits the B&W conversion.
Sigh, a simple but effective take on the subject. I do like the abstract feel to it also.
Sweet, liking the colours in this a lot. It is bang on theme too on a couple of levels, the sugar being the more obvious one but as Gramps said above, sweet kisses.
Secure, again another strong image with feeling behind it. It works well and the personal story attached really works. Definitely one which you should print and hang.
Now that I have found your 52 Robert, I will look in regularly.

Iain

Thank you so much for all the support and advice. It helps a lot. I hope one day I'll be able to get better at photography so the pictures will be worthwhile.

Hi Robert

Secure....everythings been said so just a (y) from me

Thank you.

Here's my week 6.

I was stuck between 2 pictures.

I think this shot is the weaker of the two (and overexposed) But, for me it has a story. Those delapidated old gates with overgrown weeds had thousands passing them each day. Harland & Wolff had as many as 35-40,000 workers. Now there's next to none.

A fallen industry. While the cranes (Samson & Goliath) stand as landmarks.

I won't use the other image for my 52. This is about making choices too, right or wrong. So if I'm wrong, I hope to learn!

As usual, it's up for critique

week 6 Industry by robertalexandershaw, on Flickr

Good composition with the crane being framed by the fence pillars but the crane looks a bit too yellow for my tired eyes! ;)

Love he colours, great shot.

Yep, all works well in my eyes, though I'm not a fan of borders on photos but that's personal preference.

As said that yellow is very yellow but stands out beautifully against that sky.

The rusty dilapidated gates and rusty pillars add to the whole scene of industry (that was) and for me, the clincher is the bloke walking through the frame perfectly on the third and walking into the frame not out of it.

Well done!

I like it - in my imagination the man is walking past a gate he used to go through.

Phil

Week 7 Root.

Tried to think of something original and struggled. :(

So I took a walk up the road to a small spot that's full of trees on banks. Though this picture looks like I just did a point & shoot, but I got down low to try and get a better angle. I don't think it really makes a difference. :thinking:

Week 7 Root by robertalexandershaw, on Flickr

Hi Robet

love your Industry shot...great contrast between the crane colors & the rusty gates & weeds...really nice & on theme too :clap:

Great Root shot ....nice low POV , good detail ( though may stand some more contrast ?) possibly a bit squiff to the right.... but , yup on theme & a nice shot to boot (y)

Big (y) from me for both your industry and root photographs.
I especially like the industry one Robert, particularly the bold yellow of the cranes in the background against the blue sky. IMHO you can't go wrong with colours like that, especially seeing as we are in winter. I dont think the photograph needs the border you've added because the image frames itself with the composition you've taken.
I like the root photograph too, the bold green moss growing on the roots really add to the subject, nice low POV taken. Good work. Iain

Nice root opportunity, I would have liked to also see some closer options to bring out the root detail a bit more.

Back