weekly blakesters 2014 52 - Retired Gracefully

Vertical - lovely images for the theme, if I was to choose a fav I would go for the last image with the planters.

Yum - good take on the theme, nice clean composition nicely lit good work.

Thanks Mandy (y)

Hi Iain

Vertical
#1 - excellent perspective and i do like the steely colours set against the muted green of the tree. Very sharp, which must have been difficult taking account as to how you are holding the camera
#2 - does nothing for me, altho I think that i understand what you were trying to achieve.
#3 - another super shot. Like the comp and the crop. Again nice handling of the colours with neutral tones offset by the punchy green. Agree with others about the pavement, not because of the comp but the messy lines in it.(y)

Yum
Creative, humorous and very much on theme. Well lit and good attention to detail(y) Very minor crit would be that it looks a touch bright on my screen and i would like to have seen the blocks arranged in such a way that I could not see the words - however i don't know that game and there may be a connection that i am missing.

Thanks Alan (y)
My thinking on yum, the game is Jenga, it's a stacking blocks game. The reference is to those chunky chips you can get at some pubs/restaurants, they look like Jenga blocks (well to me they do:D) but I may have missed the mark with it as it needs explaining :(

Well up to usual standard, agree with all other points bar any part being too bright, looks fine to me.

How about having the chips a bit farther left, leaving room for a nice shiny dollop of tomato ketchup, :) yum.

Thanks Graham (y)
I must admit, it doesn't look too bright to me either but monitors etc differ.

Hi Iain, can't add to whats already been said but its an excellent take on the theme, you do these kind of pics so well :clap:

Bloody hell, this means you'll have more time to spend on your POTY....I'm outa here :)

Without blowing smoke up your **** your creativity and humour will be missed.

See you around dude :)

Chests.

Hi Iain
From the thread title do I assume that you have finished?
If so, sorry to see you go, but best of luck in whatever area you choose to move into.

Yes Alan, 52 has run it's course for me, so I decided the halfway point would be a good time to call it quits.

Bloody hell, this means you'll have more time to spend on your POTY....I'm outa here :)

Without blowing smoke up your **** your creativity and humour will be missed.

See you around dude :)

Chests.

Thanks Andy
Yes I will see you around (y)

We're gonna miss you Iain but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

Come back and see us sometime. (y)

You sound a little down - hope that is not the case

Not down Alan no, thanks for the thought (y)
I would just like another/different challenge.
I want to take my photography in a different direction, more people oriented.
I have a few ideas in mind.

Cheers

I am sorry to see you go your sense of humour and outstanding quality of work will be missed round here. The very best of luck in whatever direction you travel in now.

Thanks Mandy :D

We're gonna miss you Iain but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

Come back and see us sometime. (y)

Cheers David (y)

Vertical - Definitely #2 for me. Nothing wrong with the others I just find it a stronger image. You could have even got away with the image just being the top half inverted.

Yum - Clever thinking for this one. Nicely exposed as well.

Shame your leaving the 52 but if now is the right time for you then that's the best time to leave

Sorry to push this back to the top if you wanted to leave without a fuss... but have to say farewell. :(

Your seemingly effortless creativitity and inventiveness will be missed. Along with your inspirational attention to detail.

All the best Iain. :mooning: ;)

Vertical - Definitely #2 for me. Nothing wrong with the others I just find it a stronger image. You could have even got away with the image just being the top half inverted.

Yum - Clever thinking for this one. Nicely exposed as well.

Shame your leaving the 52 but if now is the right time for you then that's the best time to leave

Thanks Peter(y)
Yes, its time for a different project I think.

Sorry to push this back to the top if you wanted to leave without a fuss... but have to say farewell. :(

Your seemingly effortless creativitity and inventiveness will be missed. Along with your inspirational attention to detail.

All the best Iain. :mooning: ;)

Cheers Graham :mooning::D

No apologies necessary for pushing it to the top, your kind comments are much appreciated, as have been your critique over the months, thank you.

All the best to you too :mooning:;)

Hi Iain

I too am saddened that you're leaving but can fully understand your reasons...it's been a slog this year ! Your creativity & helpful crit will be missed but I look forward to seeing what you venture into next ,whatever challenge you set yourself I'm positive you'll come up with some cracking results :clap:

Hi Iain

I too am saddened that you're leaving but can fully understand your reasons...it's been a slog this year ! Your creativity & helpful crit will be missed but I look forward to seeing what you venture into next ,whatever challenge you set yourself I'm positive you'll come up with some cracking results :clap:

Thanks Lynne :)
I will still be lurking around these parts though.

Oh, balls. Don't go. Stay with us.

Staaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy.

:D Thanks Tony but it's a done deal I'm afraid.
Keep up the good work, your imagination is incredible (y)

Hi Iain,Your work in the '52 has been inspirational and I am already looking forward to seeing what you do next. Keep in touch mate. (y)

Well what can I say... have loved your images and comments mate, I can't say i'm surprised even in the slightest, it has been on your mind a good while, good luck with your new challenge, really looking forward to seeing what it will be... and of course, see you on the next meet, London Monopoly I hope (y)

Hi Iain,Your work in the '52 has been inspirational and I am already looking forward to seeing what you do next. Keep in touch mate. (y)

Thank you for such kind comments Brian (y)

Well what can I say... have loved your images and comments mate, I can't say i'm surprised even in the slightest, it has been on your mind a good while, good luck with your new challenge, really looking forward to seeing what it will be... and of course, see you on the next meet, London Monopoly I hope (y)

Cheers Dean (y)
Yes, London monopoly, will need to get that planned.

Back