weekly Blondie606 52 2015...Wk 17 Heat

Relax, nicely put together and photographed Lynne (y)

'ello, you are really improving your PPing. A well set up scene. I do like the little glass and jug :)

Crit, just a few bits of green are visible - above the RH of the umbrella and on layingdownWoody.

Good show (y)

Cheers.

Hi Lynne Finally getting round to individual threads. Love your bold shot - really sharp and the centre of the flower looks great. The relax shot is really well done too! (Thanks for your kind comments on mine!)

Hi Lynne -relax -that's a great composition, it sums up the theme very well and well done for having the patience to do all the work on it :clap::clap:

Great work again Lynne. Its a makes me smile image which can only be a good thing as I'm a grumpy old git (so i'm told)

You've been having fun with your props and with your PP-ing ... well done. :clap:

Relax
Like it. It's different. I like the colourfulness of it. But I think its a bit grainy (sand, wood, grain ... get it?? :tumbleweed:), the sky that is, whereas the rest isn't.

Cor what a lot of work went into Relax Lynne (and at least you didn't get wet :D)

Love the image and definitely fits the theme :clap:

Hi Lynne, I would just like to echo what everyone else has said above.
Lovely lighting on the figures, it's creative, funny, and bang on theme. Your PP skills are none too shabby either.

Good work missus (y)

Bold - fab use of colour and great detail in the flower :clap:

Relax - a really fun image cleverly done. Nice to see Woody back - and in duplicate :)

Hi Lynne, nicely put together image that tells a story, though I don't know who's relaxed as one of them seems annoyed at the other one :mad:
As mentioned already nicely lit and nice PP
Still waiting for woody to be involved in a little moto x

Great little montage of bits and bobs that fits the theme well. No one else has mentioned it, so it might be my monitor, but the overall image looks a bit bright - with a lack of darker tones. I think it adds to the "brightness" of the image if you get me, almost making me feel like I need sunglasses to look at it :)

relax: Super interpretation of the theme absolutely love it.

Delightful little montage, you must have a lot of patience.

Cheers Martin...I find setting this type of shot up relaxing & frustrating in equal measures :)

That's great fun Lynne, nicely done. (y)

Thanks Brian...good to see you again at the weekend...looking forward to the Balloon festival (y)

Great idea. This is why i'm enjoying this challenge ... it's making me look at other people's idea and try new stuff myself (with varying degrees of success .... but hey .... ).

You've carried this one off really well. Nice one ...

Thanks Sara :)

Beautiful shots Lynne,

certainly on theme, i love both watery shots but if i had to pick i love the canal/river shot, the colours and composition draw me in perfectly. the Bold shot, well... its most definitely bold, brilliantly sharp and excellent light, nice job!

edit: whoops forgot relax, nicely lit, im not always fond of these wooden model shots but you've swayed me, its a nice take on the theme and different. i like it

Thanks Nathan....Woody is an invaluable help at times :)

BOLD.....Absolitely love it. The end :)

RELAX....What amazes me is that you have the "bits and peices" to come up with this, just laying around the house! :LOL:
Most definitely fits the theme. :)

Many thanks Viv (y).... I tend to collect shells whenever I get to a beach....& the rest of the props were purchased for a POTY shot last year so wanted to use them again....& Woody senior & Junior have been with me for a couple of years now ...very helpful chaps they are too :D

Relax, nicely put together and photographed Lynne (y)

Thanks Chris :)

'ello, you are really improving your PPing. A well set up scene. I do like the little glass and jug :)

Crit, just a few bits of green are visible - above the RH of the umbrella and on layingdownWoody.

Good show (y)

Cheers.

Cheers Andy.....:mad:I spotted that little bit of green whilst I was faffing & thought I'd clone it out before I posted...then promptly forgot ! The green on Woody is he effect of the sun casting a shadow on his bonce :D

Hi Lynne Finally getting round to individual threads. Love your bold shot - really sharp and the centre of the flower looks great. The relax shot is really well done too! (Thanks for your kind comments on mine!)

Cheers Michalene (y)

Nice and fun. Really like it :) well lit and composed too. Is it really week 9 (I make it 8, but I'm not sure ;) )

Thanks Chris...I am getting confused with the weeks as some shots are on the pc & others on the laptop .....& think I may have counted the trial week as week 1......heyho :rolleyes:

Hi Lynne -relax -that's a great composition, it sums up the theme very well and well done for having the patience to do all the work on it :clap::clap:

Thanks Lorraine (y)

Love it Lynne

Spotted this on flickr, bang on theme.....

Cheers Darren , on a rainy sunday I needed some pseudo sunshine (y)

Great work again Lynne. Its a makes me smile image which can only be a good thing as I'm a grumpy old git (so i'm told)

cheers Simon.. & i'm sure your not really a grumpy old git ;)

You've been having fun with your props and with your PP-ing ... well done. :clap:

Thanks David :)

Relax
Like it. It's different. I like the colourfulness of it. But I think its a bit grainy (sand, wood, grain ... get it?? :tumbleweed:), the sky that is, whereas the rest isn't.

Lol....cheers Mike.... think the grainy effect maybe something to do with flickr as looks ok on my pc & when viewed big on flickr which is most odd...only see the graininess on here :thinking:

Cor what a lot of work went into Relax Lynne (and at least you didn't get wet :D)

Love the image and definitely fits the theme :clap:

Thanks Jill.....it was bucketing it down outside so doing this shot made me think of sunnier times :D

Hi Lynne, I would just like to echo what everyone else has said above.
Lovely lighting on the figures, it's creative, funny, and bang on theme. Your PP skills are none too shabby either.

Good work missus (y)

Awww..thanks for popping in Iain, much appreciated (y)

Bold - fab use of colour and great detail in the flower :clap:

Relax - a really fun image cleverly done. Nice to see Woody back - and in duplicate :)

Cheers Elaine...I wouldn't be without woody these days :)

Hi Lynne, nicely put together image that tells a story, though I don't know who's relaxed as one of them seems annoyed at the other one :mad:
As mentioned already nicely lit and nice PP
Still waiting for woody to be involved in a little moto x

Thanks Allan.....hmmm....you could be right:D & yes...me thinks Woody may have to make an appearance at the moto x sometime soon (y)

Great little montage of bits and bobs that fits the theme well. No one else has mentioned it, so it might be my monitor, but the overall image looks a bit bright - with a lack of darker tones. I think it adds to the "brightness" of the image if you get me, almost making me feel like I need sunglasses to look at it :)

Cheers Iain...yup , bright it is but that was the intention & if you need sunglasses for it my mission has been accomplished ;)

relax: Super interpretation of the theme absolutely love it.

Thanks Mandy (y)

Guess I ought to post my shot for Vertical before sunnier climes take all my attention ;)

A cracking meet at the NMA was always going to provide the shot but wanted something a little less obvious .Possibly the most moving memorial of them all this one gets me every time.........taken at the foot of the " Shot at Dawn" statue.....

Wk 9 Vertical by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

For reasons that escape me ( but possibly due to the fact I'm a lazy bugger ! ) I decided to shoot all day just using the sigma 10-20mm & when I saw the poppies at the base I knew I'd found my shot .Laid on the floor to get a lovely low POV & focusing on the poppies , using DOF to throw out the memorial stakes but leaving them in focus enough for it to be obvious what they were .Had to do a little perspective correction as the siggy is quite bad for that , boosted the red a smidge but other than that pretty much sooc.

Thanks for looking (y)

Hi Lynne, the most annoying thing about that is I didn't even see the poppy there, my observation skills are poor obviously

love the red of the poppy with the vertical poles in the BG a different take on the monument but definitely works for me :clap:

Bold - good interiptation of the theme, good use of colours as well. The placement of the flower I think works well for the image.

Relax - a great creative take on the theme, looks like Mr woody is having a nice time.

Vertical - great composition, I really like the low point of view for this image.

Hey Lynne

That's a beaut. You didn't really lie on the ground did you? Looks awfully wet & muddy.

Sigma 10-20 eh! Doesn't look terribly wide but there seems to be no distortion. Just thinking out loud ... thinking of getting a 10-20, 12-24, something like that (not fisheye).

Hey Lynne

That's a beaut. You didn't really lie on the ground did you? Looks awfully wet & muddy.

Sigma 10-20 eh! Doesn't look terribly wide but there seems to be no distortion. Just thinking out loud ... thinking of getting a 10-20, 12-24, something like that (not fisheye).

Hi Lynne ... Great capture. My own efforts from that angle didn't come out as well. Love the poppy in the foreground. David ...I can vouch for the fact that this image was captured with Lynne flat out!! I have photographs to prove it!! :)

Really nice for vertical Lynne - like the composition of the shot and colour of the poppies add to it well.

Hi Lynne.

Vertical (although it would have also suited Bold!).
A very striking image. :)
The shots I've seen this week from the NMA have made me want to visit even more.

Hi Lynne, the most annoying thing about that is I didn't even see the poppy there, my observation skills are poor obviously

Me neither. I smell shenanigans ;)

The FG really holds my attention, and my eye then drifts nicely to the BG. The water drops are a nice addition.

Cheers and sunnier climes indeed :banana:

Hi Lynne, Lovely work again!
BOLD well that just really smacks you one in the eye! Understatment i'd say Bold;) I love the absaloute pin sharpness of the flower, really nice and the backdrop really stands it up perfectly. My only tiny comment would also be the joint in the backdrop, but its something and nothing, as is, i dont mind it at all, but there is a slight deeper green vertical line running down just to the right of the joint....I'd be tempted to lose that, alternatively a direct vertical transition from Orange to Green? Dunno minds just in neutral thinking out loud just nitpicking i guess. Love the shot, and the Great colours think they really work together!

RELAX how clever is that! i struggled my backside off trying to relax:rolleyes:. I think thats really clever and fun, brilliant take on the theme, bit risque posting naked figures on the forum without a warning;). Clever lighting even got the shade under the umbrella, tide must be out or over the sandbank;).... I love that sky! Can you do a sunset shot later:). Only one tiny thing above the RH brolly there's a bit of green something on the sky, needs cloning out or is that the lesser spotted green, high speed seagul:D.
Love this, Brilliant idea great lighting and nicely executed. Nice Work Lynne.

VERTICAL this is beautiful, its absolutely pin sharp on the poppy. I get the verticals in the background nice use of DOF. A really poignant and very strong and moving image. I really love this. As Andy says dew on the grass is just the icing on the cake. A great exposure, very nice Lynne.

Last edited:
Vertical,
A really well composed image, Lynne.
The poppy although horizontal makes the shot IMO (y)

Hi Lynne,

Vertical - stunning shot, I love how you chose to focus on the poppy and you've used the dof very well :clap:

We shot our own kids... Insane.

Beautifully poignant, and nicely done. The low angle, foreground poppy and sufficient DOF to keep the posts in make for a great image. The mud in the foreground adds something too.

Bold Fab :)
Relax Faber
Vertical Fabuuuuuuuuuuuulous Darling. Love the pov you have a great eye :)

Gaz

Vertical could be shot of the week great angle with just enough dof :clap:

Hi Lynne .....I'm playing at catch up here.

Love your Bold shot.....fabulous detail in the flower and I really like the composition.

Relax ....what's not to like about Woody on the beach :) great concept there and you must have the patience of a saint to set all that up :clap:

Vertical ...spot on for the theme and beautifully composed.

Excellent shot for vertical Lynne, perspective and composition is key to this image and it really pulls you in to see the whole aspect of the shot, great exposure and great colour.

Nicely done!

Watery - #2 for me. The colour of the sky really makes the image. The positioning of the boat in the foreground and the tree in the background really help strengthen what is a great composition in the first place. Nice one.

Bold - Now those are in your face colours! Super focus in the flower which works well as having only half of it showing.

Relax - Fits the theme and I like the almost postcard feel to it

Vertical - A very poignant image for this week’s theme. A think a slight CCW rotation would just straighten up those posts in the background without affecting the feel of the foreground

love the red of the poppy with the vertical poles in the BG a different take on the monument but definitely works for me :clap:

Thanks Allan...I'm not usually that observant either :)

Bold - good interiptation of the theme, good use of colours as well. The placement of the flower I think works well for the image.

Relax - a great creative take on the theme, looks like Mr woody is having a nice time.

Vertical - great composition, I really like the low point of view for this image.

Cheers Mandy :)

Hey Lynne

Thanks David...& yes , on the ground I was laid :rolleyes:

Hi Lynne ... Great capture. My own efforts from that angle didn't come out as well. Love the poppy in the foreground. David ...I can vouch for the fact that this image was captured with Lynne flat out!! I have photographs to prove it!! :)

Cheers Sara...nice to meet you (y)

Really nice for vertical Lynne - like the composition of the shot and colour of the poppies add to it well.

Thanks Michalane :)

Hi Lynne.

Vertical (although it would have also suited Bold!).
A very striking image. :)
The shots I've seen this week from the NMA have made me want to visit even more.

Cheers Viv...the NMA is an amazing & very humbling place & well worth a visit (y)

Me neither. I smell shenanigans ;)

The FG really holds my attention, and my eye then drifts nicely to the BG. The water drops are a nice addition.

Cheers and sunnier climes indeed :banana:

No shenanigans I promise.....:)

Hi Lynne, Lovely work again!
BOLD well that just really smacks you one in the eye! Understatment i'd say Bold;) I love the absaloute pin sharpness of the flower, really nice and the backdrop really stands it up perfectly. My only tiny comment would also be the joint in the backdrop, but its something and nothing, as is, i dont mind it at all, but there is a slight deeper green vertical line running down just to the right of the joint....I'd be tempted to lose that, alternatively a direct vertical transition from Orange to Green? Dunno minds just in neutral thinking out loud just nitpicking i guess. Love the shot, and the Great colours think they really work together!

RELAX how clever is that! i struggled my backside off trying to relax:rolleyes:. I think thats really clever and fun, brilliant take on the theme, bit risque posting naked figures on the forum without a warning;). Clever lighting even got the shade under the umbrella, tide must be out or over the sandbank;).... I love that sky! Can you do a sunset shot later:). Only one tiny thing above the RH brolly there's a bit of green something on the sky, needs cloning out or is that the lesser spotted green, high speed seagul:D.
Love this, Brilliant idea great lighting and nicely executed. Nice Work Lynne.

VERTICAL this is beautiful, its absolutely pin sharp on the poppy. I get the verticals in the background nice use of DOF. A really poignant and very strong and moving image. I really love this. As Andy says dew on the grass is just the icing on the cake. A great exposure, very nice Lynne.

Cheers for the mega catch up Steve ,the joint line for Bold bugged me as well...should've stuck the 2 sheets together better rather than just top n bottom I think.......lesson learnt :oops: :$ & yes...you have indeed spotted the very fast lesser spotted green seagull :clap:

Vertical,
A really well composed image, Lynne.
The poppy although horizontal makes the shot IMO (y)

Cheers Chris :)

Back