weekly Blondie606 52 2015...Wk 17 Heat

Hi Lynne,

Vertical - stunning shot, I love how you chose to focus on the poppy and you've used the dof very well :clap:

Thanks Lorraine:)

Vertical - a lovely shot that could also fit into Bold. Still gutted that I missed the meet :(

Cheers Chris.....we'll be going again so hopefully you'll be able to make it then (y)

We shot our own kids... Insane.

Beautifully poignant, and nicely done. The low angle, foreground poppy and sufficient DOF to keep the posts in make for a great image. The mud in the foreground adds something too.

My thoughts exactly Nick......I do find it the most moving monument ,so sad

Bold Fab :)
Relax Faber
Vertical Fabuuuuuuuuuuuulous Darling. Love the pov you have a great eye :)

Gaz

Many thanks Gary :)

Vertical could be shot of the week great angle with just enough dof :clap:

Thanks Simon :)

Hi Lynne .....I'm playing at catch up here.

Love your Bold shot.....fabulous detail in the flower and I really like the composition.

Relax ....what's not to like about Woody on the beach :) great concept there and you must have the patience of a saint to set all that up :clap:

Vertical ...spot on for the theme and beautifully composed.

Cheers Susie :)

Excellent shot for vertical Lynne, perspective and composition is key to this image and it really pulls you in to see the whole aspect of the shot, great exposure and great colour.

Nicely done!

Many thanks Nathan :)

Watery - #2 for me. The colour of the sky really makes the image. The positioning of the boat in the foreground and the tree in the background really help strengthen what is a great composition in the first place. Nice one.

Bold - Now those are in your face colours! Super focus in the flower which works well as having only half of it showing.

Relax - Fits the theme and I like the almost postcard feel to it

Vertical - A very poignant image for this week’s theme. A think a slight CCW rotation would just straighten up those posts in the background without affecting the feel of the foreground

Cheers Peter...I was wondering about the posts...problem is some of them aren't 100% straight , when I straightened to one of them another one looked on the squiff...........might have a play with the warp tool......

Figured I'd best get my ass in to gear & catch up with my photo's & then start the mammoth catch up over this week

Week 10 Mouth...was really stumped on this one but got a couple of shots suitable whilst we were in Mallorca ( got told off for calling it Majorca ! )last week on a mini TP meet :D
Huge thanks to @Dark Knight for modelling for me (y)

Wk 10 Mouth by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Saw this as an alternative whilst we were having a drink in a lovely little cafe over looking Port Soller bay in the sun .Not the easiest of shots due to shadows but thought it might work...

Wk 10 Mouth a by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

& Wk 11 Crowd

Needed a bit of outside the box thinking this week as wasn't going anywhere near a place where there was likely to be a crowd of people or animals or insects.......
My 1st thought was Crocus....the verges on the roads round here were showing loads last week....went out this morning & they'd all gone :(
My 2nd thought was "Stand out in the Crowd".... a bouquet of one type of flower with a single different colored one in it......couldn't find a bouquet to meet my needs anywhere :banghead:

So, final thought was this ....

two's company , three's a crowd...

Wk 11 Crowd by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

& it's not colored popped...I discovered I'd bought Topaz adjust at some point last year so loaded it on & went playing...this is the high key preset with a few tweaks...

#1 pic for mouth would be my choice but both spot on
2s company was my first thought (and i have posted my version in my thread) but that is stunning and should be framed and hung and it would sell :clap:

Needed a bit of outside the box thinking this week as wasn't going anywhere near a place where there was likely to be a crowd of people or animals or insects.......
My 1st thought was Crocus....the verges on the roads round here were showing loads last week....went out this morning & they'd all gone :(
My 2nd thought was "Stand out in the Crowd".... a bouquet of one type of flower with a single different colored one in it......couldn't find a bouquet to meet my needs anywhere :banghead:

Totally identify with this. Get an idea in your head then can't do it for one reason or another. I was thinking about a crowd of daffs but a tractor had rolled over the only patch I had seen recently. Yay.

That said, I wish I'd thought of the "three's a crowd" idea for this theme. It would have allowed me to work with less. This is a really nice still life with a lovely colour to the flowers. I'd be inclined to give the vase just a little more room with a less tight crop to the left hand edge but that's really minor.

Lynne, both "mouth" shots make me thirsty! Very well done.

And Crowd. I love it. Composition, desaturation...and the fact you used Gerberas :)

Blimey I need to pull my socks up .... this is quality. (y)

Thanks DK ... warts 'n all

The Oranges most certainly do work.

Crowd .. not colored popped ... whatever ... a very lovely effect.

Hey Lynne :)

B'jesus I'm behind again :bang:

Bold - A wonderfully bright image, the flower is bold in itself but that background is excellent - Love It (y)

Relax - Now woody is getting about, really nicely set up and lit... I gather he was getting prepared and base tanned for the TP on tour trip :D

Vertical - A nice shot of the poppy, but I'd like to see the vertical posts more in focus, the low prospective works really well, and I also like the dew on the grass :)

Mouth - Liking both of these, surprisingly I like the shot with me in, which I do not normally like, so that in itself is an achievement, I really like the condensation on the glass and the detail of my tired skin, BUT my choice is the oranges in the casket, really well exposed and fine detail, the crop works great... well spotted (y)

Crowd - Hmmmmm SC... again oddly liking it, I think it is the muted pastel colours that make it work for me, great idea again, and as always well set up and lit :)

Now I MUST get around more regularly !!!

Hi Lynne ... Crowd ... love the treatment of this subject. Really makes it stand out from the norm. Nice one.

Mouth ... good detail. Prefer the "drink" shot to the oranges. Think the shadows are a bit harsh tbh, but nice idea.

Huge thanks to @Dark Knight for modelling for me (y)
He might have at least shaved for you :D

2's company, I like that a lot, it fits the themes and the processing works well, I have Topaz too, I'd also forgotten about it, You have inspired me to fire it up and have a play (y)

Hi Blondie,

My last thread comment tonight so hopefully these may be of use from what i've seen although don't expect anything to be amazingly helpful as i'm still learning myself :)

Patterns - quite impressed you got that from a windscreen, it looks good and works really well!

Bliss - 2 good photos on here, and im almost copying what someone else said, i prefer the first but like the colours of the 2nd one. Has given me a bit of a nudge to get out there and try some kind of action shots as i've done none yet.

Fragile - no 1 for me, a lovely photo,well taken, sharp, well composed, i would just add that it looks a little to bright on the right hand side, but thats a minor point.

Scenic - Fits the theme well, not many night photos for this one (that i've seen yet), lovely colours for the reflection and its a really bright and vivid photo. I like!

Companions - This is suited to the subject, I didn't notice the frame at first, I don't think it distracts, I like the composition of it, i like the PP you have done mostly but the thing thats bugging me a little is the sky (nothing major) it just doesn't look right for me sorry, but overall it's a really good photo.

Elegant - This is different, and suits the theme, the crit you mention yourself covers one of the things i was going to say, but not massively, its a good example of product photography, but maybe a bit darker on the lhs chain would have helped, and perhaps a little more contrast between the box and neclace.

Watery - No 1 for me, just because i'm random and find seals amusing...don't ask.. I do like the colours in no 2 though. I nearly pointed out a big black mark on your photo until I realised it's on my monitor..... Having the boat there adds to that one too, well thought out.

Bold - wow, definately bold, massively bright colours, i really like this, and it's really sharp. Fits the subjet perfectly

Relax - This is a cool one, i need to get some figures/props etc, works well, different, nicely composed, just a bit noisey in the sky. Very artistic of you though thinking outside of the box!

Vetical - I don't like being negative, and theres nothing wrong with it as such, but it doesnt tickle my fancy and i think it's just the DOF for me. It suits the subject and I like the idea of the poppy in the foreground, so as i say, it still works.Looking at it again, I like the clarity and sharpness of the blades of grass and water on them too, so its overall a well taken photo, perhaps my blurry tired eyes aren't helping..

Mouth - About to run out of time so i'll be quick. I like no 1, but it's no 2 for me, the composition, colours, clarity and difference makes it a winner so nice one on spotting the opportunity.

Crowd - You know what, out of all the photos you've taken, in my opinion and I don't know why, I really really like this, i think its a great photo. The colours and contrast between the bg and flowers works perfectly, and it's just an overall great photo. I'm glad i worked through all your pages now :)

Like all your stuff Lynne, especially the take on CROWD. You say something about Topaz adjust in the description, but i don't know what that means. A filter? Something to do with pp editing? I thought at first you had done some selective colouring and then played around with colour adjusts or something. so, how did you do it? :runaway:

Crowd, that really works well and as stated elsewhere a wonderful Fine Art photograph.

Cheers.

PS I might even nick the idea as I've produced a right duffer as a placeholder :)

Hi Lynne, crowd is superb compositionally, and the processing works well and lovely subtle colours, nothing more I can say just a big :clap::clap:

Hi Lynne, I hope you enjoyed Majorca!

Mouth - #1 works best for me. I'm not sure about the oranges - I like the composition and the tight crop, but it's maybe a shade too contrasty?

Crowd - now that's a belter. One of the best of the week for me, I love the way you've processed it :clap: :clap:

Prefer the glass image for mouth as to me it feels right for the theme. That said the orange photo is great.
Well the crowd image is a belter for sure.

Gaz

Theme fit for Mouth has to be the face and glass, best of the two though is the oranges, love the colour, it's, er, orange...and I like orange.

I do like the flower picture for crowd but the anthropomorph in me feels sorry for the flower that's left out (echo's of childhood here :().

really nice crowd shot lynne - well set up and good composition and love the background too :)

The Dean shot works, on theme and composition, but it looks a little cold to me.

I love the idea for crowd, one of those that's obvious not someone else has thought of it. Great composition, and the processing really suits.

Hiya Lynne. Mouth 2 good pics there, the tight crop suits the picture, but I really like the 2nd one, nice and vibrant colours and i like the lighting on the barrel.

Crowd, Well I really like this one, the colours are really nice and go with the bg very well.

Thanks Michael :)

#1 pic for mouth would be my choice but both spot on
2s company was my first thought (and i have posted my version in my thread) but that is stunning and should be framed and hung and it would sell :clap:

You're way to kind Simon....but I am thinking about getting that one printed :)

Totally identify with this. Get an idea in your head then can't do it for one reason or another. I was thinking about a crowd of daffs but a tractor had rolled over the only patch I had seen recently. Yay.

That said, I wish I'd thought of the "three's a crowd" idea for this theme. It would have allowed me to work with less. This is a really nice still life with a lovely colour to the flowers. I'd be inclined to give the vase just a little more room with a less tight crop to the left hand edge but that's really minor.

Cheers Ian , would love to leave a bit more room on the left but think it was like that from the camera.......think I only cropped the height :thinking:

Great take on "Crowd" Lynne, really nice image.

Phil

Thanks Phil :)

Lynne, both "mouth" shots make me thirsty! Very well done.

And Crowd. I love it. Composition, desaturation...and the fact you used Gerberas :)

Many thanks Viv :)...I find Gerbera's very photogenic

Really like Crowd, it really spells out the saying.
I like the subdued colours too, I think it really suits the shot.

Thanks Tim :)

Blimey I need to pull my socks up .... this is quality. (y)

Thanks DK ... warts 'n all

The Oranges most certainly do work.

Crowd .. not colored popped ... whatever ... a very lovely effect.

Cheers David :)

Hey Lynne :)

B'jesus I'm behind again :banghead:

Bold - A wonderfully bright image, the flower is bold in itself but that background is excellent - Love It (y)

Relax - Now woody is getting about, really nicely set up and lit... I gather he was getting prepared and base tanned for the TP on tour trip :D

Vertical - A nice shot of the poppy, but I'd like to see the vertical posts more in focus, the low prospective works really well, and I also like the dew on the grass :)

Mouth - Liking both of these, surprisingly I like the shot with me in, which I do not normally like, so that in itself is an achievement, I really like the condensation on the glass and the detail of my tired skin, BUT my choice is the oranges in the casket, really well exposed and fine detail, the crop works great... well spotted (y)

Crowd - Hmmmmm SC... again oddly liking it, I think it is the muted pastel colours that make it work for me, great idea again, and as always well set up and lit :)

Now I MUST get around more regularly !!!

Cheers Matey.... Woody was not impressed that I forgot to take him......been sulking all week :D Glad you like your shot...quite pleased with it myself, for someone who doesn't do people shots !

Hi Lynne ... Crowd ... love the treatment of this subject. Really makes it stand out from the norm. Nice one.

Mouth ... good detail. Prefer the "drink" shot to the oranges. Think the shadows are a bit harsh tbh, but nice idea.

Thanks Sara...yeah , wasn't sure about the shadows myself , but short of re-organising the cafe's display I was stuck....had my Spanish been better I would have asked them if I could move it , something to aim for when I go back :D

He might have at least shaved for you :D

2's company, I like that a lot, it fits the themes and the processing works well, I have Topaz too, I'd also forgotten about it, You have inspired me to fire it up and have a play (y)

Thanks Chris...Topaz is quite bizarre....I have no idea how I achieved the finished effect !

Hi Blondie,

My last thread comment tonight so hopefully these may be of use from what i've seen although don't expect anything to be amazingly helpful as i'm still learning myself :)

Patterns - quite impressed you got that from a windscreen, it looks good and works really well!

Bliss - 2 good photos on here, and im almost copying what someone else said, i prefer the first but like the colours of the 2nd one. Has given me a bit of a nudge to get out there and try some kind of action shots as i've done none yet.

Fragile - no 1 for me, a lovely photo,well taken, sharp, well composed, i would just add that it looks a little to bright on the right hand side, but thats a minor point.

Scenic - Fits the theme well, not many night photos for this one (that i've seen yet), lovely colours for the reflection and its a really bright and vivid photo. I like!

Companions - This is suited to the subject, I didn't notice the frame at first, I don't think it distracts, I like the composition of it, i like the PP you have done mostly but the thing thats bugging me a little is the sky (nothing major) it just doesn't look right for me sorry, but overall it's a really good photo.

Elegant - This is different, and suits the theme, the crit you mention yourself covers one of the things i was going to say, but not massively, its a good example of product photography, but maybe a bit darker on the lhs chain would have helped, and perhaps a little more contrast between the box and neclace.

Watery - No 1 for me, just because i'm random and find seals amusing...don't ask.. I do like the colours in no 2 though. I nearly pointed out a big black mark on your photo until I realised it's on my monitor..... Having the boat there adds to that one too, well thought out.

Bold - wow, definately bold, massively bright colours, i really like this, and it's really sharp. Fits the subjet perfectly

Relax - This is a cool one, i need to get some figures/props etc, works well, different, nicely composed, just a bit noisey in the sky. Very artistic of you though thinking outside of the box!

Vetical - I don't like being negative, and theres nothing wrong with it as such, but it doesnt tickle my fancy and i think it's just the DOF for me. It suits the subject and I like the idea of the poppy in the foreground, so as i say, it still works.Looking at it again, I like the clarity and sharpness of the blades of grass and water on them too, so its overall a well taken photo, perhaps my blurry tired eyes aren't helping..

Mouth - About to run out of time so i'll be quick. I like no 1, but it's no 2 for me, the composition, colours, clarity and difference makes it a winner so nice one on spotting the opportunity.

Crowd - You know what, out of all the photos you've taken, in my opinion and I don't know why, I really really like this, i think its a great photo. The colours and contrast between the bg and flowers works perfectly, and it's just an overall great photo. I'm glad i worked through all your pages now :)

WOW.....many thanks for the mega catch up Thy , much appreciated , comments all taken on-board .That's what I love about this challenge, everyone has slightly differing idea's & takes on a shot & it gives you food for thought when doing similar shots in the future (y)

Like all your stuff Lynne, especially the take on CROWD. You say something about Topaz adjust in the description, but i don't know what that means. A filter? Something to do with pp editing? I thought at first you had done some selective colouring and then played around with colour adjusts or something. so, how did you do it? :runaway:

Thanks Bob...Topaz Adjust is from a series of editing suite's called Topaz...they have different ones like Topaz B&W , Topaz Noise etc...I'm using it as a pluggin with Photoshop CC .Blought it last year ( apparently ! ) but only just loaded it on so having some fun playing with it

Crowd, that really works well and as stated elsewhere a wonderful Fine Art photograph.

Cheers.

PS I might even nick the idea as I've produced a right duffer as a placeholder :)

Thanks Andy...though I very much doubt you've posted a duffer , not in your nature ;)

Hi Lynne, crowd is superb compositionally, and the processing works well and lovely subtle colours, nothing more I can say just a big :clap::clap:

Cheers Allan :)

Hi Lynne, I hope you enjoyed Majorca!

Mouth - #1 works best for me. I'm not sure about the oranges - I like the composition and the tight crop, but it's maybe a shade too contrasty?

Crowd - now that's a belter. One of the best of the week for me, I love the way you've processed it :clap: :clap:

Thanks Lorraine....Majorca was amazing, not at all how I imagined it ( though I wouldn't want to be there at the height of the holiday season! )

Prefer the glass image for mouth as to me it feels right for the theme. That said the orange photo is great.
Well the crowd image is a belter for sure.

Gaz

Many thanks Gary :)

Theme fit for Mouth has to be the face and glass, best of the two though is the oranges, love the colour, it's, er, orange...and I like orange.

I do like the flower picture for crowd but the anthropomorph in me feels sorry for the flower that's left out (echo's of childhood here :().

oh , sorry if I brought back unwanted memories:( ...must admit , I do feel sorry for the one left out :hug:

The Dean shot works, on theme and composition, but it looks a little cold to me.

I love the idea for crowd, one of those that's obvious not someone else has thought of it. Great composition, and the processing really suits.

Thanks Nick , Dean's shot is the 1st one I've posted that actually looks different on my phone to my desktop/laptop , much much darker , which I find rather odd :thinking: So I appreciate it may appear different on your screen as well

Wk 12....I wish it was proper bug season ! Was always going to be a flower & very tempted do do yet another Gerbera cos they're so photogenic...but I resisted .

Not sure what type of flower this is but the marbling effect on the petals really caught my eye , so here it is , dug out the macro lens & remembered how dam frustrating the DOF is with it !

Wk 12 Close Up by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Before anyone points it out......a couple of the petals were a little worse for wear by the time I got them home so there's a small area top lhs that looks a little odd.....

& as Sarah has given the heads up that next week will be a reshoot card I will be shooting mine tomorrow , as next weekend looks like being a silly busy one !

Last edited:
Hi Lynne, always been a big admirer of your flower pics and this is no exception :notworthy:, the colour looks great, very bold and the square crop works well
almost like a paint splash :clap:

Yes fab colours they go so well together. Nature truly knows how to colour match :)
Great camera work !

Gaz

Hi Lynne,
Agree with the above 2 comments, that is a really nice shot.
I wouldn't be frustrated by the DOF, I actually like the way that parts of the shot go OOF, I think it really makes it real.

Hi, wonderful colours, especially in the greens. Nice textures in the centre.

A few OOF areas around the edges. Might have been an opportunity to stack a few as you now have Photoshop CC (y)

I see where @LC2 is coming from and using extreme shallow DOF works but IMO needs to be around all the edges.

Cheers, don't work too hard and keep the TP meeting in the back of your mind to maintain your sanity :)

Hi Lynne, stunning colours and they really set each other off - this one would have worked for bold as well. I'm liking the striped petals - no idea what it is, I've never come across it before, and the square crop works well. Nice shot :)

Very nice Lynne, and the colours work really well together (y)

Love the flower Lynne - would actually like it on my wall! The colours are great :)

CLOSE UP....... Very striking image Lynne.
Terrific colours.

Mouth - as said earlier he might have had a shave first :p and this would also have worked for Close Up too. I think I prefer it to the barrel of oranges.

I love the colouring in your 3's a crowd shot, nice and understated but just a tad too close to the LHS but that's a minor quibble (y)

Close Up - fab details and colour and Like Andy I'd like to see the whole lot in focus but being rubbish at macro I've got no room to talk :rolleyes:

I really enjoy checking out your thread as you come up with some amazing pictures :clap::clap::clap:

Back