weekly Blondies 2012 52 wk52 BUSY - Finished !

Been a while since I commented on your 52 Lynne, apologies for that.
Some good macro work there with the flower, I think I prefer the first one but both work well. A wee bit of a crowbar into the theme, but hey nowt wrong with that :LOL: I am sure we will all experience the use of artistic licence when it comes to the themes. Iain

Nice flower shot, and definitely a winner. A nice choice of camera I'm really pleased with mine and I've had no focusing issues with it, only when I was daft enough not to notice that I had forgotten to lock the aperture ring on my nifty fifty!

Hmmmm, choice, choices.

Now the crop of #2 I really like. #1 is a bit central (horizontally) but I prefer the colour of #1.

All in all, I'm liking it and a very personal Win as well....(y)

Cheers.

The flower is perfect I can't however decide between the orange or purple versions as both are so good. Slightly drawn to the purple as it is that little bit different.

Lynne,

Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the club (y)

I really like number 1 great colours and the close crop works really well too. Definitely a winner for me this week ! nice work Missy (y)

Lynne this is a personal challenge, and i really like your thinking behind your take on the theme for this week on the photo front no 1 really works well for me

Hi Lynne, firstly I'm well jealous you've just got a D7000 :razz::razz:, I'm hoping to save and get one later this year.

Now onto your shots....

Money - love both, nice and crisp and sharp, lit well works great with the black background. My personal preference is for the 2nd of the two shots, only because of the difference in the colours in each coin.

Win - great take on the theme and cracking shot to boot too, love it!!!!
Cheers Snorton....the D7000...sure I'll grow in to...especially if I read the instruction manual :LOL:

Glad you like the flower...need to keep practising Macro so more shots for this challenge may be done with the tamron

:naughty:....puple is & will always be my fave color...

A win indeed Lynne, lovely shot very well focused and composed. Love the orange but I really do like the tweaked version! Enjoy the new camera!

Cheers Michael (y)

What a great interpretation of theme and what a fantastic photo, thinking out of the box help when the themes get difficult

Thanks MM...I'm sure I'll get my inspiration back at some this year...or I'll have to continue shoe horning shots to fit the theme !

Been a while since I commented on your 52 Lynne, apologies for that.
Some good macro work there with the flower, I think I prefer the first one but both work well. A wee bit of a crowbar into the theme, but hey nowt wrong with that :LOL: I am sure we will all experience the use of artistic licence when it comes to the themes. Iain

Cheers Iain....artistic licence....like that expression...I've filed it for future use (y)

Nice flower shot, and definitely a winner. A nice choice of camera I'm really pleased with mine and I've had no focusing issues with it, only when I was daft enough not to notice that I had forgotten to lock the aperture ring on my nifty fifty!

Cheers for that...any issues I have will probably be pilot error but good to know you're getting on ok with the camera...comforting after some of the stuff I've read :)

Hmmmm, choice, choices.

Now the crop of #2 I really like. #1 is a bit central (horizontally) but I prefer the colour of #1.

All in all, I'm liking it and a very personal Win as well....(y)

Cheers.

Thanks Andy....slowly getting to grips with Macro...one day I'll post an image that is cropped correcly....maybe :LOL:

A New toy, you lucky thing you.

Coins not doing it for me, mainly because I look at too many coins hots togging them for my Dad!

The flowers I realy like. #2 is the prefered shot for me.
It looks sharper.
The black BG works well with these.

Good work Lynne

Cheers Neil...way to go till I manage the BG perfetly but it's all practice practice practice:)

The flower is perfect I can't however decide between the orange or purple versions as both are so good. Slightly drawn to the purple as it is that little bit different.

Cheers DR...glad you like the purple one...think it's gonna end up as mothers day card :)

A good shot Lynne, and I like the interpretation on the theme. Good job.

Thanks mister (y)

Hi Lynne
Lovely shot - the orange / yellow one gets my vote.
Link to topic is a bit tenuous though but wth it is a great photo.
Mike

Thanks Mike...tenuous I agree but hey , imagination on holiday at the mo...it'll come back one day (y)
Having looked through some other threads I'm now :bonk: as some idea's are so obvious...just not to me :crying:

Cheers Donnie :)

Lynne,

Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the club (y)

I really like number 1 great colours and the close crop works really well too. Definitely a winner for me this week ! nice work Missy (y)

Thanks Nick.....need to get to grips with the new body...another long process I fear :LOL:

Lynne this is a personal challenge, and i really like your thinking behind your take on the theme for this week on the photo front no 1 really works well for me

Cheers Liz...glad it works for you (y)

great shots but number 1 wins for me :)

Thanks Kirkers :)

Hi Lynne, it looks like your macro course really paid off, I think I need to go on 1!

Money - Number two for me, the lighting and composition really work. Number one made me think Mickey Mouse too!!

Win - I love the orange flower, very beautiful detail. Although there's a small fleck in the centre of the flower that's bright and draws my eye! It's not there in the edited purple version though, so number two wins for me :) Both a beautiful either way.

A lovely well executed shot. I prefer the orange one!:)

Good choice of camera, I love mine and having live view has made a massive difference to my focusing now, when I'm doing still lifes I always stick the lens on manual (in fact I use manual focus 99% of the time) and the live view allows you to home in on an area to help you get the focus spot on!:)

I look forward to seeing next weeks shot!

Nice macro shot Lynne, flowers are a great subject to learn macro with. Giving the flower a little misting can also add a little extra to the shot.

These are both cracking shots. Not sure which I prefer. They are both nicely lit, well focussed and I like the composition. Welcome to the world of the D7000. I hpoe you are enjoying it as much as I am.

Hi Lynne,

Oooh, now I really, really want a macro lens! lol
Both of these are fabulous, if I was forced to chose I'd go with the yellow/orange one. Well done(y)

Carol

Nice crisp and clear shot for money and your colours in the flower stand out well for me. :)

hi Lynne

Win - the orange wins it for me as I think that it is a more natural colour for that type of flower, but as has been said, the #2 crop seems to work better.

Good to see that your new purchase is being put to good use ( even tho your details show that you are slumming it with we d80 users:D -- and anyway didn't you have a D90?)

Also good that your course has led to such a good first effort - i would not know where to start.

Consistent high standard - nice to look at your pics

Hi Lynne, it looks like your macro course really paid off, I think I need to go on 1!

Money - Number two for me, the lighting and composition really work. Number one made me think Mickey Mouse too!!

Win - I love the orange flower, very beautiful detail. Although there's a small fleck in the centre of the flower that's bright and draws my eye! It's not there in the edited purple version though, so number two wins for me :) Both a beautiful either way.

Cheers for popping in...the flower shots are 2 different flowers..that speck annoyed me too but didn't try to remove it...I'm far too clumsy :LOL:

A lovely well executed shot. I prefer the orange one!:)

Good choice of camera, I love mine and having live view has made a massive difference to my focusing now, when I'm doing still lifes I always stick the lens on manual (in fact I use manual focus 99% of the time) and the live view allows you to home in on an area to help you get the focus spot on!:)

I look forward to seeing next weeks shot!

Hi Sarah.... never used the live view function before my Macro course but it sure is darn useful (y)

Nice macro shot Lynne, flowers are a great subject to learn macro with. Giving the flower a little misting can also add a little extra to the shot.

Thanks for the tip re the water....will give it try next time I treat myself to some flowers :)

It's always great fun to get to grips with a new body but can pay off in the long run (y)

Cheers Nick...I learn slowly but I'll get there :LOL:

These are both cracking shots. Not sure which I prefer. They are both nicely lit, well focussed and I like the composition. Welcome to the world of the D7000. I hpoe you are enjoying it as much as I am.

Thanks for popping in....learning my way round the D7000 slowly....but liking it so far (y)

Hi Lynne,

Oooh, now I really, really want a macro lens! lol
Both of these are fabulous, if I was forced to chose I'd go with the yellow/orange one. Well done(y)

Carol

Go on Carol....you know it makes sense :LOL:

Nice crisp and clear shot for money and your colours in the flower stand out well for me. :)

Thanks Bilko (y)

hi Lynne

Win - the orange wins it for me as I think that it is a more natural colour for that type of flower, but as has been said, the #2 crop seems to work better.

Good to see that your new purchase is being put to good use ( even tho your details show that you are slumming it with we d80 users:D -- and anyway didn't you have a D90?)

Also good that your course has led to such a good first effort - i would not know where to start.

Consistent high standard - nice to look at your pics

Cheers SP.....yup , D80 now gone to a new home , D90 is back up body...I am paranoid about one body breaking down ...I'd go mad(er) if I couldn't take at least 1 photo per week :LOL: Macro is highly addictive , a pain in the butt to get right but very satisfying when something turns out well....the course helped no end but still loads to learn :LOL:

Shiny...cripes...week 10 already .Had plenty of idea's for a change but most of them centered around NOT shiny......:bonk:

Borrowed a kids bubble machine from my boss a while back as had a fancy to try photographing bubbles...big mistake...ended up with rather wet kitchen floor/curtains/cupboard doors etc etc & zero floating bubbles , the machine pumped them out so quick I couldn't keep up:LOL:
Still ,got one of a pile of them on a glass chopping board that I quite liked & sort of fits the theme ...the white bit is part of the pattern on the chopping board

Shiny 3 bubbles by llj666, on Flickr

then decided to go against the theme & try photographing something shiny but avoiding blown bits whilst using on board flash... rather pleased with the outcome as I have'nt tweaked the BG at all...managed to get it black using flash exp comp :D

Shiny 2 or maybe not by llj666, on Flickr

#3...same little chap but on a mirror...again no tweaking of the BG (y)

Shiny 1 reflection by llj666, on Flickr

set up was as follows : lie on the floor with feet jammed against kitchen door trying to avoid wet patches created by bubble machine, black card above & behind the dragon supported by 2 shopping bags, support myself on 1 elbow whilst trying to manual focus & hold camera with the other hand ,swear several times as nearly drop camera, repositon, kick kitchen door , twist head down to see live view, pres shutter & hope for the best :LOL:

if nothing else I had a good giggle.......:D

set up was as follows : lie on the floor with feet jammed against kitchen door trying to avoid wet patches created by bubble machine, black card above & behind the dragon supported by 2 shopping bags, support myself on 1 elbow whilst trying to manual focus & hold camera with the other hand ,swear several times as nearly drop camera, repositon, kick kitchen door , twist head down to see live view, pres shutter & hope for the best :LOL:
if nothing else I had a good giggle.......:D

That made me laugh and reminded me of linky

Bubble are nice. Bit closer maybe??

#2 is the one for me. BG is uber black so (y)....This really is something I struggle with. Lighting is spot on.

No real crit....from me....

Cheers.

Dragon one for me Lynne. I'm not sure it completely says shiny, but appart from that it's a perfect shot.

Dragon two I find difficult to interpret, while the bubbles I think aren't taken close enough and/or with enough surface interest. Both are nice shots, but not up to the standard of the first dragon :)

Definatly #2 for me to, love the lighting and the subject.
Do like your 3rd shot but just seems a bit to open on the left for my liking.
Great flash control on both shots though.

Lynne, loving the bubbles, the shiny highlights here and there really make the photo,

of the others number 2 for me as well

Bubbles (y) glass chopping board makes the pic.

Like both the flower shots
Bubbles are good but prefer the first dragon for shiny. Second one slightly lost in BG. Looks like new camera working for you (y)

Hi Lynne

Shiny - Bubbles look fun and well shot, but, like others, I would like to have seen the bubbles fill the frame without the distraction of the colours of the base.

The dragon shots are well composed and i think that the first is best for the theme and for the compostion. It shines a bit more whereas the 2nd shot has a blue cast.

From your descriptions , it seems that you are having a lot of fun with the challenge and your new toy. I am NOT jealous - well.....maybe a bit

1. This looks very good lovely colours and a good crop and the reflection of the flash works well, yes the white bit on your board is a bit distracting.
2. This is the best of the bunch for me although I would like a tad more on the exposure side.

Back