weekly Blondies 2012 52 wk52 BUSY - Finished !

Name
Lynne
Edit My Images
Yes
I must be :wacky: but had soooo much fun with this years 52 I just gotta do it all again next year (y)

Last edited:
I must be :wacky: but had soooo much fun with this years 52 I just gotta do it all again next year (y)

We're all a little :wacky: :LOL: I mean I'm doing another POTD challenge in 2012 too and thinking of taking part in the POTY in 2012 :thinking: :puke:

Have a great Christmas and fantastic new year Lynne :beer:

Matt

Well, I wasn't going to do the 2112 52, but I think I'll miss it, so I'm in...:puke:

I think I'll take a more systematic approach this time. Sounds a bit :nono:, but I feel I lacked a bit of discipline for the 2011 52.

Anyway, good luck (y)

Cheers.

well lynne...here's wishing you all the best ..and hope you get further than you did this last year .... no wait??? ... you finished it... mmm??? ... i might have to put a retraction in the Times tomorrow morning about this???

good luck hon, *dances*

Hi ya guy's n gal's :wave:

Had a few ideas for this one so here goes :

DSC_3981 by llj666, on Flickr

Will admit this was shot on the 27th ( had my crystal ball out :D ),happy overall with the shot, sky's a bit noisey , didn't have my filter or tripod so couldn't blur the water but hopefully the motion of the water going down( direction ) the plug hole fits the theme ?

Another version....like the closeness as you see the water better but really peeved about the shadow...couldn't be helped...blame the sun:razz:

DSC_4013 copy by llj666, on Flickr

2nd up....borrowed a mate from work & didn't want to keep him for too long so rushed it...even as I pressed the shutter I though " should have gone portrait " :bang:

DSC_4017 by llj666, on Flickr

I have got one more idea which I'm gonna try tomorrow

Will have a catch up on the other 100 odd threads as soon as I can....apologies in advance if I miss someone :crying:

wow where is that? I'm guessing there's no sailing on that reservoir? ha ha. Good idea though :banana: I can't decide if I like one or two best (despite the shadow)

#1 I like, noise and all ;) My only gripe is that slight clip on the right of the drain. The light is gorgeous and beautifully caught.

#2 just doesn't work for me, though I understand why you took it...done the same myself :confused:

#3 certainly on theme but is, imo, over sharpenend. and the lack of an obvious path just looks...wrong.

Best is #1 imo (y)

By the way, you are stark, staring mad ;)

wow where is that? I'm guessing there's no sailing on that reservoir? ha ha. Good idea though :banana: I can't decide if I like one or two best (despite the shadow)

Thanks Summer....Lady Bower Reservoir....lived up here for 20+ years & only found out ( via this forum) that these "plugs holes" existed !

#1 I like, noise and all ;) My only gripe is that slight clip on the right of the drain. The light is gorgeous and beautifully caught.

#2 just doesn't work for me, though I understand why you took it...done the same myself :confused:

#3 certainly on theme but is, imo, over sharpenend. and the lack of an obvious path just looks...wrong.

Best is #1 imo (y)

By the way, you are stark, staring mad ;)

Hi ya Tina...you in again this year ? So many blooming threads I'm struggling to keep up !
If you can...view the 1st image on flickr at original size...it's not clipped just very very dark...honest :)

2 was always gonna be marmite so hey ho :p

3 was my 1st idea but I still have thing about close-ups...wanted the sign to be prominent & by getting the road in it sort of ended up lost...but always time for a reshoot....flippin nora...wk 1 & I'm already thinking about reshoots.....you're right of course...I'm def a little :wacky:

Cheers :)

Grrrr for #1 and #2...no water when I last went...:shake:

#3, I'd crop in to make it portrait.

Good start (y)

Nice to see you dropping in these parts Mister...still waiting to see your thread...go on...ya know ya want to :naughty:

I only found out throught this forum that those plug holes existed...& I've lived up here for 20+ years

3rd image is going to be reshot...I knew it should have been protrait...brain & hands not communicating...again :D

Cheers

lynne... i don't know...keep the shadow girl.. it makes number 2..

i remember these little puppies when the water level was much lower and to even consider them being filled like this was surreal.

As for your m8, yep you said it portrait...maybe he should have had his face to you, sign in view and much closer? perhaps underneath the sign...more sky above his head and shoulders..are you getting my angle? nuff said... good luck... only 51 to go....51 long weeks.... ;)

...maybe he should have had his face to you, sign in view and much closer? perhaps underneath the sign...more sky above his head and shoulders...

Some nice ideas there. I agree, try some funky angles.

Or have him/someone sat in the bushes looking as if he is lost of lacking direction :thinking:

Just some ruminations before I open my 2012 52 thread :bonk:

Very well done Lynne for take on two 52's in a row.

1 I like the best, brilliant light and sharp focus.

2 Like to see more of the drain and crop out a bit at the top, placing the 'hole' at the classic third may be.

3 spot on theme. Like your mate I'm a bit lost for word too! :D

Have fun with your 2012 52's

Cheers

Hi Lynne, have you moved to Lady Bower now!

It's great t see the water levels up, it all looked a little depressing the last time I was there, although the shore line had some interesting lines as a result.

Of these number 2 is my fav, it's a great composition.
My personal niggles are that I'd rather a little more space on the bottom edge of the frame so the hole is a little further up in the frame, and, does it need a little rotation?

Happy New Year.

Neil

I think no 1 is the best I don't mind the clipping of the edge but the white sign in the background keeps my eye :clap:

Or have him/someone sat in the bushes looking as if he is lost of lacking direction :thinking:

Andy??? you doing the 52 again...i didn't know??? :naughty:

#2 is fab! Looks almost sureal, and defo on theme (y)

lynne... i don't know...keep the shadow girl.. it makes number 2..

i remember these little puppies when the water level was much lower and to even consider them being filled like this was surreal.

As for your m8, yep you said it portrait...maybe he should have had his face to you, sign in view and much closer? perhaps underneath the sign...more sky above his head and shoulders..are you getting my angle? nuff said... good luck... only 51 to go....51 long weeks.... ;)

Cheers Kev...ladybower is a very interesting place...got some images of the plugholes empty as well form last year .

2# image...def reshoot when me & him have more time & then I'll actually think about the postioning a bit more !

Hi ya...thanks for popping in (y)

Very well done Lynne for take on two 52's in a row.

1 I like the best, brilliant light and sharp focus.

2 Like to see more of the drain and crop out a bit at the top, placing the 'hole' at the classic third may be.

3 spot on theme. Like your mate I'm a bit lost for word too! :D

Have fun with your 2012 52's

Cheers

Thanks for sopping by Stan...much appreciated (y) Didn't take that particular angle you mention...still don't really get this compostion lark:LOL:

Hiya Lynne, A great start! NUmber 1, I like this! A bit tight on the right hand side, but it doesn't spoil it. Number 2 has taken top spot for me, like the composition and overall lighting. Number 3, as you said portrait would have been better, but I still quite like it!

Many thanks Michael...glad you like the plugholes :)

Hi Lynne, have you moved to Lady Bower now!

It's great t see the water levels up, it all looked a little depressing the last time I was there, although the shore line had some interesting lines as a result.

Of these number 2 is my fav, it's a great composition.
My personal niggles are that I'd rather a little more space on the bottom edge of the frame so the hole is a little further up in the frame, and, does it need a little rotation?

Happy New Year.

Neil

Cheers Neil....wish I could afford to live there...only 35 mins from home ( when I don't get lost ) yet only been 4 times with the camera...& one of those was with you guys :D Possibly a mm rotation but didn't tweak it any more as was frustrating the hell out of me...don't think my eyes see in straight lines :LOL:

Last edited:
Blimey 3 photos each week. You'll be worn out.:LOL:

I like the idea of #3 but like the subject matter of the first two. My preference is #2. I think it sits nicely where it is positioned in the frame.

I just found this and subscribed... Love the "plug hole" shots.......

Great location i love this spot been there and tried to get the whole plug in on a 18-70 and it would not fit i went out a bought 11-16 on a crop and only just got it in and i had to climb on the wall very silly but a shot is a shot and i think it was worth it i posted it up here drop me a pm and ill post it if you want , don't want to sabotage your thread
good luck with the 52

Wow never seen these plug holes before, going to look on google and find out about them.

#1 for me, but do like the depth in #2 :)

There's us mere mortals trying to think of one idea for a theme and your got them coming out your ears... :)

Great location i love this spot been there and tried to get the whole plug in on a 18-70 and it would not fit i went out a bought 11-16 on a crop and only just got it in and i had to climb on the wall very silly but a shot is a shot and i think it was worth it i posted it up here drop me a pm and ill post it if you want , don't want to sabotage your thread
good luck with the 52

Hi Paul......at the risk of denting my bank balance even more.....feel free to post your shot...be good to see another angle & another lens ability . Took my shot on the kit 18-55 lens....must try standing on the wall when I'm next there...was doing my nut trying to get the whole thing in frame:LOL:

Wow never seen these plug holes before, going to look on google and find out about them.

#1 for me, but do like the depth in #2 :)

There's us mere mortals trying to think of one idea for a theme and your got them coming out your ears... :)

Cheers for popping in Roly..appreciate it...there will be weeks when you hit on 3 or 4 idea's....make the most of it cos some weeks it's a real battle to think of even 1/2 an idea....as a survivor from 2011's 52 I speak from experience :D

#1 is a cracker Lynne, this looks like an area and subject which has much potential. Definitely worth taking a step ladder the next time to get the required height :LOL:
Good start to your 52 of 2012 I admire your commitment doing it 2 years in a row. I will certainly be paying regular visits to your thread. Good luck. Iain

HI Lynne I think first one is the best I think the angle is just right as it draws your mind into where the water is going down. Must admit I have never seen this before well done (y)
Thanks for your comment on mine I have adjusted mine.
Regards Carl.

#1 is a cracker Lynne, this looks like an area and subject which has much potential. Definitely worth taking a step ladder the next time to get the required height :LOL:
Good start to your 52 of 2012 I admire your commitment doing it 2 years in a row. I will certainly be paying regular visits to your thread. Good luck. Iain

Cheers Iain...appreciate you popping in (y) This togging lark gets expensive ....I draw the line at buying a step ladder...but then again :LOL: Commitment? More like should be commmited :D

HI Lynne I think first one is the best I think the angle is just right as it draws your mind into where the water is going down. Must admit I have never seen this before well done (y)
Thanks for your comment on mine I have adjusted mine.
Regards Carl.

Thanks Carl...1st time I've seen them as well...fascinating things..:) Glad to be of help as well

Wow never seen anything like the plug holes before. Intriguing!!! Great shots although I think my favourite is no.2. (y) I like the view into it. IMO I think that no.1 is a little tight on the plug hole. Maybe having more space around it or maybe just to he left will balance it out. :shrug:

Wow never seen anything like the plug holes before. Intriguing!!! Great shots although I think my favourite is no.2. (y) I like the view into it. IMO I think that no.1 is a little tight on the plug hole. Maybe having more space around it or maybe just to he left will balance it out. :shrug:

Cheers Phil......think I may need to spend some more & get a wide angle lens....quite dirricult to get the whole thing in with a kit lens....step ladder may have been a good idea & cheaper too :LOL:

Somebody please remond me why in heavens name I decided to do this again this year :bonk:

Well...I lasted until week 2 before thinking...what the flip do I shoot for this ? Had a quick peep at the few that have been posted & thought...wow...what simple idea's but effective...why didn't I think of them :shrug:

So...got another idea to try out,maybe tomorrow but for now I'm going with this one . Aiming for an image that would create fear....& managed it without blowing the conservatory up :LOL:

Another 1st for me...shooting a flame...think it's a touch over exposed but quite pleased for a 1st try :

Fear by llj666, on Flickr

Wow, you ARE keen :D, are you sure you don't fancy a 366 at the same time ;)
I would see this as danger rather than fear but its how YOU see it that matters,
The crop is a tiny bit tight for me but a well executed picture, well done and thanks for sharing
Best wishes
Cliff

Back