weekly BobBCN 52/2015 Week 25 Silhouette

Welcome to the 52 Bob... Some nice shots coming through here, Liking your sports shots and your shot for Bold, not sure if the moon needs to be there as it is still a nice strong image for me (y)

Look forward to seeing the rest of your 52

Cheers!

Hi Bob,

I like your relax reshoot - the B&W works really well, but I do find the halo a little distracting - sorry!

Good on you for learning an instrument too - :clap: hope it goes well

Thanks Lorraine!

Week 12: CLOSE UP

Three efforts. I have decided to post the first in the general thread. The earphones were just lying on the table but I went in search of an alternative close up. Flower heads seem to be popular this week so I went for something along the circular close up theme. Pretty obvious what it is, or not?

CLOSE UP (1) by BobBCN, on Flickr

CLOSE UP (2) by BobBCN, on Flickr

CLOSE UP (3) by BobBCN, on Flickr

Hi Bob and welcome from me in Almeria :wave:

Close up #2 for me and I can't for the life of me figure out what #3 is but the lines in front are distracting me.

I can see why you might find learning a musical instrument relaxing and I love the pose but find the processing a bit harsh but that's just personal taste ;)

Hi Bob and welcome from me in Almeria :wave:

Close up #2 for me and I can't for the life of me figure out what #3 is but the lines in front are distracting me.

I can see why you might find learning a musical instrument relaxing and I love the pose but find the processing a bit harsh but that's just personal taste ;)

Hi,

Point taken on the RELAX reshoot.
Thank you for the Close Up comment, but not gonna give the game away just yet. Somebody will suss it out I imagine.

Nice set Bob, first one for me too :)

Hi Bob,

It's #1 for me too. I think the mono gives it more punch - nice shot. And I've stared at #3 for ages and it's got me beat - no idea what it is- there seems to be 3 different component parts to it and my poor brain can't put them together

An excellent image for "close up" Bob, the first one for me.

Phil

Cheers Phil.

Nice set Bob, first one for me too :)

Thanks Cobra.

Close up - The first one for me too. It's one of those "I like it but I can't quite put my finger on it" photos. It just works (y)

Agree with you there Lee! I often don't know why I like a particular shot. (Or at least can't put it into words!)

Hi Bob,

It's #1 for me too. I think the mono gives it more punch - nice shot. And I've stared at #3 for ages and it's got me beat - no idea what it is- there seems to be 3 different component parts to it and my poor brain can't put them together

Thanks Lorraine. Yes, mono seems better. Nearly always in fact. I was talking about this the other day and it seems that with many types of image (BW, Bokeh, Wide angle and macro especially) there's a kind of universal liking. I think it's because these photos give us a view of the world that we don't normally see. We don't see things in BW, our eyes refocus on near and far (What I mean is that a blurred background is something we are aware of but it snaps into focus as we look at it. In bokeh photos it stays blurred.), the distortions of wide angle we only see through the lens, and macro is the realm of the magnifying glass. God, I'm am waffling!!

But anyway .........

The close up in shot 3 is, of course, a ........................

Well, a clue ............ I don't use it ever, but my daughters couldn't live without it.

Hi Bob ....first visit here for me ...so many really super shots on your thread it's hard to pick out favourites but Relax is a stand out shot for me.

Love the headphones shots ...I'm guessing at a hairdryer for the last one o_O Interesting to read what you say about B&W etc ....'these photos give us a view of the world that we don't normally see '...I like that.

Hi Bob ....first visit here for me ...so many really super shots on your thread it's hard to pick out favourites but Relax is a stand out shot for me.

Love the headphones shots ...I'm guessing at a hairdryer for the last one o_O Interesting to read what you say about B&W etc ....'these photos give us a view of the world that we don't normally see '...I like that.

Thank you! Yep, hairdryer it is!!

Close Up - The first headphone shot for me too. Nice use of DoF and the mono suits the shot well.
Glad to see that whilst the headphones are white, they aren't those terrible Apple ones that share whatever you are listening to with everyone around you.

Close Up - The first headphone shot for me too. Nice use of DoF and the mono suits the shot well.
Glad to see that whilst the headphones are white, they aren't those terrible Apple ones that share whatever you are listening to with everyone around you.

Cheers Tim!

They are Samsung actually. (But I had to look just now to find out!!)

Hi Bob
Crowd is definitely on theme and well seen. How many shots did you get with the wiper in the way though!
I really like the lighting of relax, maybe to lose the entire background so it is all white though
;)

I like your "Crowd" shot a lot....great colours.

Relax re-shoot. Yes, that halo is a bit distracting :)

Hi Bob
Crowd is definitely on theme and well seen. How many shots did you get with the wiper in the way though!
I really like the lighting of relax, maybe to lose the entire background so it is all white though
;)

Well, the trick was to turn the wipers off before entering the tunnel AND wait for the cars to stop. So actually just the one!!

Last edited:
Hi,

Definitely a very unloved machine, but an interesting shot. It's hard to be sure because of the damage, but I think your first shot might need a little straightening - looking at the bootom of the windscreen it's tilting a bit :)

Hi,

Definitely a very unloved machine, but an interesting shot. It's hard to be sure because of the damage, but I think your first shot might need a little straightening - looking at the bootom of the windscreen it's tilting a bit :)

Cheers. Yes, quite right. The top image is tilted. The 'true' shot is the second! Right front tyre, flat as a pancake!

Hi Bob, there's a lot of those about in Spain as they're not great at getting rid of old stuff are they. There were dozens in the old car park at Alicante when they opened the new terminal and they took ages to get rid of them all! Nice interpretation (y)

Hi Bob, there's a lot of those about in Spain as they're not great at getting rid of old stuff are they. There were dozens in the old car park at Alicante when they opened the new terminal and they took ages to get rid of them all! Nice interpretation (y)

Cheers Jill. Yes, Spain is stuffed with wrecks! Even the ones on the road! Something to do with how people drive/park etc

Hi, nice subject for machine amazing what people will leave to rot

Machine, interesting narrative and I suspect it'll be there got a lot longer. I prefer #2 as it shows more of the scene.

Cheers.

Yeah I might be able to do it again if MACHINE comes up in next year's 52!!
As it is, you could no doubt grow taties in the amount of dust!!

Hi Lorraine.

Thanks! Well, basically, a dark room, tripod and bulb option. Pre focused on the wall more or less. And then with a small torch I wrote the word Alphabet on the wall.
An alternative is to face the camera and write 'in the air' but then you would have to flip it over, unless you wrote backwards, that is!!

Cheers

Hi Bob

Alphabet was a lucky find for a tricky theme ... or is the "graffiti" photoshopery?

Machine ... car #2 I like ... the indicator orange is effective, but the red on the doorway/wall I find a bit distracting so personally I would select and B&W ...

Nice take on alphabet, it has a few issues blocking of the A and it looks like you have cloned some black bits in, nice idea

Your close up shots are fabulous. ..machine too.

And alphabet it's very creative.

Hi, Alphabet, I quite like this one, especially the B&W. Pity you slightly missed the A.

Cheers.

Yes! I did the A first and as I moved across I kinda blocked it out!

ahhh - clever :) . I might give that a go sometime

Do! Light painting is good fun!

Thanks-

Hi Bob

Alphabet was a lucky find for a tricky theme ... or is the "graffiti" photoshopery?

Machine ... car #2 I like ... the indicator orange is effective, but the red on the doorway/wall I find a bit distracting so personally I would select and B&W ...

No photshop!! Just camera open in a dark room and off you go. Torch held close to the wall!

Nice take on alphabet, it has a few issues blocking of the A and it looks like you have cloned some black bits in, nice idea

Yes, as I said earlier, the blocking of the A is because I moved across. The other 'black bits' are the same. Me! But they do look odd I admit.

Your close up shots are fabulous. ..machine too.

And alphabet it's very creative.

Thank you! I am inspired to continue!

ALPHABET alternative .......

The 26 letters of the Catalan alphabet. Not difficult to spot the three unusual letters! But which three letters of the English alphabet are not there?
How quick did you spot them??????

14. Alphabet2 by BobBCN, on Flickr

Back