weekly BobBCN 52/2015 Week 25 Silhouette

Hi Bob, that's a great image and I like the way you've managed to capture the spray, but as the others have said, it doesn't really say heat to me either. I would have preferred to be able to see enough of the can to be able to identify what it was, because my first thought was that maybe it was a deodorant to help you cool off from the heat.

Hi Bob :)

Sound - I'm liking the first one myself, a fun ornament, real good DoF the background sets the figure off really well :)

Experiment - For me it's image three this time, really like that angler with them columns, well done in trying something out of your comfort zone (y)

Heat -0 Great lighting on this, the spray mist has been captured really well !!! :)

Catching up ........

18. A couple of vintage Scalextric figures ........

18. Figures by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

19. The guts of one of the numerous kitchen cupboards

19. Household by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

20. The Sky's the Limit ......

Back from the Canary Islands where I watched the Sub-19 Spanish Volleyball Championship. My daughter's team (CVB Barça) won the competition. But on an personal level she got two individual prizes: the best setter in the competition AND the overall MVP award. Proud Dad as you can imagine! Clutching her awards, she finally broke down in tears and was comforted by her team mates. Praise and potential......
Her future is uncertain at the time of writing ... but she has the possibility of a four-year full grant from a university in the USA, numerous offers here in Spain, and soon she is off to Italy to meet an agent who reckons she has enough potential to start with a semi-professional contract in various teams there. We give them wings so they can fly away.......

20. Limit by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Hi, a bit of an unfair advantage having four arms, well spotted or well stumbled upon whatever it was

Hi Bob, I had to pop over to check out your household shot - I think it's much better than mine (no shiny teabags) and you've got a much better stocked cupboard than I have - every time my daughter comes home one of the first things she says is 'there's no food in this house' :D

I'm liking your limit shot and congratulations to your daughter - she sounds as though she's got a great future ahead of her.

Bizarre - fits the theme as far as I'm concerned - and a nice piece of luck too (n)

Hi, Figures, plenty of character in the figures, could do with a little work in post to make them pop a little.

Household, on theme but they look little under exposed and don't really grab me.

Limit, plenty of emotion and square crop works for me.

Bizarre is on theme and humorous.

Cheers.

Bizarre: Well caught shot. Crop to just the upper bodies of the women perhaps? Just a thought.

Figures ... fits the theme, but I can't help but think it needs something else.

Household ... good idea, good even colours but could do with a little boost.

Limit ... jubilation!

Bizarre ... Oh yes.

That is brilliant Bob. Nicely constructed - you get a sense of the drama.

I'm liking Broken Bob, good use if DOF and we'll exposed. It's a shame the flames are cut off, but you can't help that. Not quite sure what the figures are supposed to be doing, maybe if you had a fire crew trying to our it out. Just a thought. Well done all the same (y)

Hi Bob,

great idea for broken, it's certainly making me smile. I love those flames, they look to be in just the right place and it has very dramatic feel to it...I do wonder about those figures though - they're either very brav oor very foolish hanging around when there's a fire like that behind them - I hope they survived ;)

Hi Bob, I had to pop over to check out your household shot - I think it's much better than mine (no shiny teabags) and you've got a much better stocked cupboard than I have - every time my daughter comes home one of the first things she says is 'there's no food in this house' :D

I'm liking your limit shot and congratulations to your daughter - she sounds as though she's got a great future ahead of her.

Bizarre - fits the theme as far as I'm concerned - and a nice piece of luck too (n)

Thanks Lorraine. Comments appreciated.

Hi, Figures, plenty of character in the figures, could do with a little work in post to make them pop a little.

Household, on theme but they look little under exposed and don't really grab me.

Limit, plenty of emotion and square crop works for me.

Bizarre is on theme and humorous.

Cheers.

Cheers Andy

Bizarre: Well caught shot. Crop to just the upper bodies of the women perhaps? Just a thought.

Yes, see what you mean. Cheers Martin

Figures ... fits the theme, but I can't help but think it needs something else.

Household ... good idea, good even colours but could do with a little boost.

Limit ... jubilation!

Bizarre ... Oh yes.

Thanks David!

Bizzare - Hehe, a very Ganesh ish shot. Good capture (or was it luck?). Nice and sharp on the subject too.

Twas luck indeed Tim! Ganesh also! (had to look that up btw!!!)

That is brilliant Bob. Nicely constructed - you get a sense of the drama.

Cheers Carl

I'm liking Broken Bob, good use if DOF and we'll exposed. It's a shame the flames are cut off, but you can't help that. Not quite sure what the figures are supposed to be doing, maybe if you had a fire crew trying to our it out. Just a thought. Well done all the same (y)

It was just a 'crashed' vehicle on my layout until it 'burst into flames' unbeknown to the two marshalls. Well, til I poured some alcohol on it and set fire to it!

Cheers Chris

You've done well with the exposure, WB looks off, as it looks very orange. That said it's an amusing submission.

Cheers.

Yes, a bit too orange I agree. Cheers.

Hi Bob,

great idea for broken, it's certainly making me smile. I love those flames, they look to be in just the right place and it has very dramatic feel to it...I do wonder about those figures though - they're either very brav oor very foolish hanging around when there's a fire like that behind them - I hope they survived ;)

They survived! Just charred overalls!!!

Thanks again Lorraine.

Hi Bob.

Entertainment: Great action shot and so well timed
Spiral: Wonder how your balance would be affected by a quick exit down those stairs. Nicely on theme.

Hi Bob ... a good variety of images ... I like the fire escape shot with its skyward PoV, exaggerated angles, pointy bits and contrasting swirls. Nice shot.

A very nice happy, and unlike my effort, interesting Silhouette Bob

Hi Bob,

I haven't been about for a few days so I'm trying madly to catch up - everyone's been so busy!

Entertain - I like that, not sure how they get back down to the ground though,
Spiral - yes, a great fit for the theme. I think spiral staircases make great subjects, but I wouldn't like to try to get down that in a hurry!
Silhouette - I like that, and it fits the theme well. I agree with Andy though, I'd have cropped/cloned out the bit of person on the rhs - but then I like cloning, it's about the only part of PSE I've actually got to grips with :D

Really like Silhouette Bob .... lots of activity there the other side of the ridge ... neat.

Back