weekly Boots' 52 for 2021

That's a really fun shot. As said the person really gives it scale.

This snapper chooses Red Cabbage

Good choice Sir.JPG

Hmm, food photography, not my forte!

Looks yummy. Tad more DoF perhaps to bring the whole dish into focus?

My wife hates that stuff. I love it. Seems legit.

Some nice colours in ther Paul. Agree with Martin that maybe a different angle or DoF might have worked better. Surprised you didn't try and "fill the frame" 'cos that would have been a good subject for it.

Looks yummy. Tad more DoF perhaps to bring the whole dish into focus?
Thanks Martin. I quite liked the back of the dish gently easing into softer focus, but on the big screen it does look too soft from too far forward.

My wife hates that stuff. I love it. Seems legit.

Some nice colours in ther Paul. Agree with Martin that maybe a different angle or DoF might have worked better. Surprised you didn't try and "fill the frame" 'cos that would have been a good subject for it.
Thanks Ian, and filling the frame also would have avoided all the metal bars and burners at the back.

Looks delicious - colours and textures are great.
Thanks @Shugpug

I think we can all agree, not my best work. How does it go? PABD!

A bit of a tighter crop maybe I do like the colour palette though
it’s quite difficult food photography.

nom nom nom.
Love the colours.
I do agree with Allan, a tighter crop would be my preference. Slightly closer at the top I think, less of the cooker.
Thanks Tim!

I think we can all agree; less cooker, more red cabbage (which was very nice, by the way).

Tall - what a great subject, I agree it needed someone in it to show it proportions, I like the Pov too.
Snapper choice - very vibrant and I glad you enjoyed it I agree about cropping it too.

Certainly colourful. There's a lot of light reflection along with the OOF cabbage on the far side on pan, IMO would be better cropped off.

Tall - what a great subject, I agree it needed someone in it to show it proportions, I like the Pov too.
Snapper choice - very vibrant and I glad you enjoyed it I agree about cropping it too.
Certainly colourful. There's a lot of light reflection along with the OOF cabbage on the far side on pan, IMO would be better cropped off.
Thanks both!

Not something I've ever tried (food photography that is.. ). Great subject for the colour and looks great. I agree with others that perhaps a slightly different angle to lose some of the hob might improve it.

Not something I've ever tried (food photography that is.. ). Great subject for the colour and looks great. I agree with others that perhaps a slightly different angle to lose some of the hob might improve it.
Thanks Helen!

Snappers choice
Bright and colourful. Maybe a top down shot would look good as an alternative view point.

I wonder if there's a bridge anywhere nearby?

Very appropriate for Valentines day :)

Very colourful snapper's choice - looks tasty! I think I'd have like the focus to be at the end of the spoon - since the spoon is there, as I think my eye is drawn to the spoon.

The black and white really suits your swans, and yes I agree with Ian, very appropriate for Valentine's Day :)

Very colourful snapper's choice - looks tasty! I think I'd have like the focus to be at the end of the spoon - since the spoon is there, as I think my eye is drawn to the spoon.

The black and white really suits your swans, and yes I agree with Ian, very appropriate for Valentine's Day :)
Excellent wide shot of the swans and yes very appropriate
Thanks both!

Lovely swan shot!

Pair
I like the wide angle for this, it's a bit more of an environment wildlife shot.

A nice composition to include the movement in the water rather than just the swans. Works really well.

Back