Bruja's (Themed) 52 2010 Update

Woah! That's a present pic and a half! :D

Excellent present Jill - I bet Mr B was very proud. Good on you for doing it (y)

I think for that post your little quip under your username should be changed to "Los cojones (muy grande) del perro" - Mods please note!

Really good artistic pic......... spot on with lighting etc and yuo look happy and comfortable there............ and for having "los cojones" to bung it up on the web for all to look at - well done, that Lady.

Woah! That's a present pic and a half! :D

Thanks very much guys

Well, I haven't given up just yet although it was a close thing.

Some of you know me from last year's 52 but for those of you who don't I've got MS and sometimes it just wipes me out :( and I've spent a lot of this year so far doing stuff from my bed with the odd venture out. The worst symptom for me is feeling so exhausted that it's like having permanent jet-lag, and when I do summon up some energy it goes all of a sudden and then I just can't do anything but rest or sleep.

Anyway I'm too stubborn to give up so here I am again. The picture for People was actually taken during the right week but the one for Mechanical is an older one as try as I might I just couldn't get out (and I didn't really care either ;)).

My Spanish 52 is a little behind too but I'm working on that, and in 3 weeks I'll be able to post some pictures from my exhibition at the town museum :D

PEOPLE

4382639754_1ff7f22651_o.jpg

This is Sami, he's Egyptian, got a great sense of humour and very friendly. He's my picture framer.

MECHANICAL

4406288286_189db3336a_o.jpg

This is an old winching machine used for boats on Cabo de Gata beach

Welcome back Jill, I was wondering if you were ok... you aren't normally away for long... I hope you're feeling better. We all miss you.

Congrats on your exhibition too (y)

Sami, a wonderful portrait, looks like a colourful character. I wonder what he was looking at and smiling about.

Does that winch still work ? It's on theme, and I love the textures, colours and feel of the shot.

Hi Jill, hope you are feeling less exhausted now and that you will be able to get out and about again soon.

These are 2 excellent images that both fit the theme. I love Sami's expression.

Also, great news about the exhibition. Looking forward to seeing/hearing more about it.

Jenny

Welcome back Jill, I was wondering if you were ok... you aren't normally away for long... I hope you're feeling better. We all miss you.

Sami, a wonderful portrait, looks like a colourful character. I wonder what he was looking at and smiling about.

Does that winch still work ? It's on theme, and I love the textures, colours and feel of the shot.

Hi Jill. I'm not being lazy (honestly!) but John has said exactly what I was thinking.

Don't exhaust yourself with the exhibition - we want you to enjoy it! Lots of luck - and lots of sales, too. :hug: from me.

Jean

Thanks very much John, it's nice to be missed;) And no, unfortunately the winch doesn't work anymore.

Hi Jill, hope you are feeling less exhausted now and that you will be able to get out and about again soon.

These are 2 excellent images that both fit the theme. I love Sami's expression.

Also, great news about the exhibition. Looking forward to seeing/hearing more about it.

Jenny

Thanks Jenny. I just asked Sami to keep talking to my husband and then snapped away.

Hi Jill. I'm not being lazy (honestly!) but John has said exactly what I was thinking.

Don't exhaust yourself with the exhibition - we want you to enjoy it! Lots of luck - and lots of sales, too. :hug: from me.

Jean

Thanks so much Jean. I've done nothing for Play yet although I have got a couple to post today for my Spanish one. As we say here in Spain 'poco a poco'

Stubborness is not always a good thing in people but for you I'm glad you are. Good to see you can still get out and get some shots when you are up to it. Two great shots that fit the theme's.

(y)

Welcome back Jill.
I'd been wondering about you too - it's not like you to miss a few weeks.
Hope you're back on form again soon, but until then it's good to see your catch up shots.

That's a lovely capture of Sami - you always do portraits so well and there are some good textures in mechanical.

Best of luck with your exhibition, hoping to get an update on that soon.

I don't know how I managed to overlook these ones -sorry. Good to see you are keeping going. Yet another fabulous portrait from you - and he looks such a lovely man.

Mechanical shows lovely colours and textures and your composition and framing is spot on.

:clap::clap:

hi just trying to catch up and have look what i have missed over the last few weeks i would just like to say well done for your present shot i wouldn't want to do a self portrait quite like that and put it on a public forum ,people again a lovely warm feeling to the picture and mechanical again another cracking shot :)

Anyone heard from Jill at all ?? Is she OK ?

Thank you all for your concern ;)

I'm okay now but I've had a bit of a relapse which is why I dropped out of the 52. I'm getting better now though. :)

Getting the Exhibition together was a struggle as I had to go along and help 2 mornings to make sure everything was hung the way I wanted and not the way they wanted. So far it's a critical success but a financial failure as no one has any money.

I've also been busy Blurbing a book of the exhibition which is now available to limited preview on their site here

And I've been sorting out my Morocco pics from last November which you can see on flickr here and some on TP here

So although I've been spending a lot of time in bed or just resting I've not been completely idle :D

And Jean mentioned I had a visitor coming. Well she was coming last Saturday, so guess what :(

That's all for now, and John, Sarah, you can always PM me because I do check in most days. And thank you again for your concern and support :)

Glad to hear your OK Jill, the exhibition sounds great even if it's been keeping you busy. Shame about the financials...

Just been looking at the book preview... Wow... looks great.

Thanks John and Jenny.

The Exhibition finishes this weekend so I might just jump back into the 52 again :eek:

I need some inspiration because I've barely had the camera out this year :(

In the meantime I've loaded the expo pics onto my flickr in a set called Exhibition 2010

Original hehe :whistle:

:D... I'll head over later and have a good look around

Back